Gmail question..

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
I know nothing about gmail so I don’t know if this is even possible. Google didn’t turn anything up.

My husband has a gmail account and his paystubs are sent to it, always at like 2 A.M. I am usually up and hate waiting until he wakes up to see it.

Is there a way he can set it up to have those specific emails automatically forwarded to me? He can’t change his email address at work to mine because he gets other emails and needs to see them.

You can forward his email to another email account but I don't think you could send specific emails only.

Open a paystub email.

Click the "more" menu

Click "Filter messages like this"

Create a filter using the "from" email address. click "Create Filter"

Check the "forward it to" checkbox. Enter your email address. Click "Create Filter" again.

Bada bing, bada boom!

I don't know how to help except that I have a gmail account that my direct deposit paystubs go to. Nothing else goes to that email. I've had a yahoo account forever & vaguely remember one of the email accounts kept asking for a back up account in case I got 'locked' out of one so I did that and now only have to sign into one or the other & both accounts show up so I can just click on one or the other.

I don't know how to help except that I have a gmail account that my direct deposit paystubs go to. Nothing else goes to that email. I've had a yahoo account forever & vaguely remember one of the email accounts kept asking for a back up account in case I got 'locked' out of one so I did that and now only have to sign into one or the other & both accounts show up so I can just click on one or the other.

We did set it up according to the instructions posted upthread. We’ll find out in about three hours if it worked. If not, oh well.

I just have to ask, why do you need to stay up until 2 am to see the husband's paycheck? I would and do just check mine sometime on payday. I can log in to the site (I don't get emails) at midnight or see it posted at 8 am in the bank. I usually check on it at lunchtime.

I just have to ask, why do you need to stay up until 2 am to see the husband's paycheck? I would and do just check mine sometime on payday. I can log in to the site (I don't get emails) at midnight or see it posted at 8 am in the bank. I usually check on it at lunchtime.

I was just about to ask the same thing. What's the rush?

I was just about to ask the same thing. What's the rush?

I’m a mega planner and I like knowing what budget I have to work with for the following two weeks. His pay is pretty consistent (he’s paid hourly, so there’s variations sometimes) but I still like to know specifics.

The filter did work so I did get the email. It didn’t come through until 4:30 so I was sleeping lol

Thanks @FlightlessDuck

The filter did work so I did get the email. It didn’t come through until 4:30 so I was sleeping lol

Then that's the time it was sent by your DH's company. Gmail usually forwards emails right away, unless there is a glitch in their system.

Then that's the time it was sent by your DH's company. Gmail usually forwards emails right away, unless there is a glitch in their system.

Ok? I’m not complaining about the time. I’m glad it worked at all.

I'm on salary and I calculate my own monthly performance bonus and submit it for approval, so I know as much as I need to about what my pay will be. I practically never look at my pay statements (they show up on a site on our company intranet); can't remember the last time I did and I'm pretty sure I've never seen one of DH's (his company still issues a paper statement). :confused3

I'm on salary and I calculate my own monthly performance bonus and submit it for approval, so I know as much as I need to about what my pay will be. I practically never look at my pay statements (they show up on a site on our company intranet); can't remember the last time I did and I'm pretty sure I've never seen one of DH's (his company still issues a paper statement). :confused3

I don’t usually look at them but we’re in the process of moving, and with that comes a ton of new expenses. I like to know down to the exact dollar amount how much I have to work with.

I don’t usually look at them but we’re in the process of moving, and with that comes a ton of new expenses. I like to know down to the exact dollar amount how much I have to work with.
That same information is available at 8am when he can forward you the email or just tell you the amount...or you can check your bank website to see how much was deposited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter