Go Fund Me Me Me...my dreams, my car, my trips

The oddest one I’ve seen was a from a former high school classmate of my daughters. She was transitioning from female to male and was asking for donations to have her breasts removed. She did not make her goal, but is now fully transitioned and breastless. Which kind of just tells me that he was fully capable of paying for the surgery himself; he just didn’t want to.

I pretty much wont give to any GoFundMe because of the huge fees they extract. They could probably charge 1/10th of what they do and still have a very profitable business. I do, however, often give to youth groups collecting money outside of stores IF the money is going to, say, equipment for a team, and not for a trip to Florida.

The last couple I have seen were actually for families who had lost someone. They didn’t raise much. And I wondered if it was because people have just learned to ignore the darn things when posted on fb or wherever.

For both families, we did a wrestling show benefit and raised a great deal of money so it had nothing to do with the family (unless of course they have done other go fund me accounts that I wouldn’t be aware of).

My neighbor has set up many “go fund me” accounts for herself. First one was for a cellphone. She was still in high school then. No one gave a cent. Then she made a couple to fundraise for a car. She needed a car so she could get a job. In my book she had her priorities backwards. She tried a second one for a car, neither received a cent.

She’s 20 and pregnant. I’m shocked she hasn’t started a go fund me yet. She is throwing herself a baby shower and has shockingly specific demands down to which brand of diaper you can buy for her.

Some people just don’t get it.

My neighbor has set up many “go fund me” accounts for herself. First one was for a cellphone. She was still in high school then. No one gave a cent. Then she made a couple to fundraise for a car. She needed a car so she could get a job. In my book she had her priorities backwards. She tried a second one for a car, neither received a cent.

She’s 20 and pregnant. I’m shocked she hasn’t started a go fund me yet. She is throwing herself a baby shower and has shockingly specific demands down to which brand of diaper you can buy for her.

Some people just don’t get it.
She sounds like an absolute peach.

Last year, I sat back and watched as an acquaintance asked for money to cover household expenses. Her husband needed surgery and had to turn down a few extra projects during his recovery. Apparently, the family could not get by on his regular salary and relies on his summer work to make ends meet. She said that she, herself, had been looking for a job but couldn't find one. Lots of people donated, to the tune of about $4000. In the months following, she posted pictures of a series of very expensive family trips. Then there was a brand new car, season theater tickets for the whole family, and private music lessons for both kids. One person on Facebook called her out for being "sketchy," asking for money and then buying all this stuff. She proceeded to rant about how they really needed the money and that no one had a right to judge her. Some people came to her defense and said they trusted her. Others remained silent. Personally, I thought it took a lot of nerve, but I didn't donate so it really wasn't my problem.

Last year, I sat back and watched as an acquaintance asked for money to cover household expenses. Her husband needed surgery and had to turn down a few extra projects during his recovery. Apparently, the family could not get by on his regular salary and relies on his summer work to make ends meet. She said that she, herself, had been looking for a job but couldn't find one. Lots of people donated, to the tune of about $4000. In the months following, she posted pictures of a series of very expensive family trips. Then there was a brand new car, season theater tickets for the whole family, and private music lessons for both kids. One person on Facebook called her out for being "sketchy," asking for money and then buying all this stuff. She proceeded to rant about how they really needed the money and that no one had a right to judge her. Some people came to her defense and said they trusted her. Others remained silent. Personally, I thought it took a lot of nerve, but I didn't donate so it really wasn't my problem.
Lol. Disgusting. I think she is confused with the definition of "need" and replacing it with the definition of "want". I just judged her, I wonder if I overstepped my bounds. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Bad me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter