Go pro in the park?

tubbity

Earning My Ears
My daughter is wanting a go pro for her birthday this year.
I was thinking of getting it really do she can take it with on holiday.
How do people use them in the park? She's wanting to do videos to send back to her gran who isn't able to come this time, so it will be the normal wandering around and lots of food videos.
In also not sure if it is worth the extra £100 for the hero 5 black rather than the session? I like the idea of the touch screen but are they really worth the extra on an action camera.

Hi!

First off let me say I am no where near a 'Super user' when it comes to GoPros. I like their size, quality and the ability to record at unusual angles. I own the Hero 5 session [small cube size] and the hero 4 silver [regular size w touch screen on back]. IMO, if you dont own a GoPro yet, then i DO think the extra money is worth the newer model. If you already own one, then maybe not [all depends on what model you own]. I believe [anyone, please correct me if i am wrong here] the Hero 5 is water proof w/o a housing case. I like that idea ALOT!! Just not so much to pay the extra 100 [or whatever the US cost difference is?]. For myself I would wait for a model or 2 to upgrade. Also, and i'm sure you know this already, but it depends on your budget. If the 100 is not a big deal to you, then I say DO IT, DO IT [in my best Ben Stiller / David Starsky voice!! ]. I think you will like the extras between the 5 and the 4.

One piece of advice when it comes to taking to the parks...[No not going to state the obvious about selfie sticks!!]...get a Quick clip mount!!! It kind of looks like a woman's hair clip that can rotate angles, but with a much tighter grasp. Don't bother with head, wrist or chest mounts, spend like 10 for the quick clip and you can clip it anywhere!! I clip mine to the straps of my backpack and it stays put all day long!!

In any case, I hope this helps! Good luck in choosing a camera and Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

-Kungaloosh

I have a 4 Silver and it has the touch screen. I love it and we use it a lot during our Disney trips. Not so much at the parks (although you easily could) but at the resorts, in the pool, etc. It's such an easy camera to let the kids use and I love seeing what they video! I think your daughter would really love it! And it's very easy to send the images to the phone for messaging. I don't know much about the session, but you can't go wrong with the Hero.

Thanks for the quick clip recommendation, Kungaloosh. I will check that out. DS1 wants a chest clip, but this might be a better option. He'll have a backpack with him, so clipping it to the strap is brilliant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter