• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go West 1.0

Sorcerina

Mouseketeer
Im planning our first trip to the west for october 2014. We will be at WDW first and the plans are to go to Las Vegas 10/14 staying there 2 nights. I then would like to drive to LA.
Where to stop? What is a must see?
Staying then at or near LA.
Last part will be DLC for 4 nights. Returning back home 10/28.
What are nice and good not too pricy hotels?
What do we HAVE to see and do?

How long are you going to be here?

You are very close to the Grand Canyon from Vegas and might be worth a visit.

First question, how are you getting to Las Vegas from WDW? If you are driving then you should figure a way to go the Grand Canyon on the way to Vegas.Otherwise you will be driving east to the GC before heading west to the LA area. There are trips from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon but they can take up a good portion of the day.Since you say you are only in Las Vegas for 2 nights it may not be worth the time. You can do a trip to the Hoover dam from Las Vegas it takes about 4 hours or so round trip.

I had a look at the flight schedule from Orlando to Las Vegas. Guess we skip The flight to Las Vegas and maybe drive from LA. What nice places to visit?

I had a look at the flight schedule from Orlando to Las Vegas. Guess we skip The flight to Las Vegas and maybe drive from LA. What nice places to visit?

Have you ever been to the Pacific Ocean? Maybe visit one of the coastal communities for a day or 2 . We love Huntington Beach. It is south of LA & about 30 to 45 minutes from DL. Can't go all that way and not at least put your feet in the Pacific.
If you want to go a bit further San Diego and Coronado are among our top vacation spots. It was about a 2 hour or so drive to DL.(based on our trips)A local may have a better idea if our times were normal or not.
We love visiting Las Vegas. But as part of a vacation to S. California don't know if we'd bother with the 4 hour or so drive for just 2 days.

No never been to the Pacific and it is a good idea to stay 2 or 3 day at the beach perhaps longer. I will go to a travel agent to get some catalogs to get inspirations where to stay and where to go.

The drive from LA to Vegas is about 5 hours in good traffic. 4 hours of it are he most boring you'll see. If you'll need a car in Vegas, then drive, but just drive straight through without stopping. If you won't need a car, consider flying from LA, it's an hour flight. On Southwest you currently get 2 checked bags for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter