God bless DVC CMs

violingirlinto

Earning My Ears
Thought I would share a little taste of GREAT Disney customer service -- I called DVC Member services today to investigate our missing ME tags (the silly ME people input the wrong house #) I decided to take the opportunity to add a note to our reservation that we will be on our honeymoon -- I felt a little funny about it, 'cause it's a belated honeymoon, but I received plenty of encouragement here to do so, thus I forged on ahead. She was so nice about it, and immediately asked if we had made note of that when booking our ADRs. We hadn't, but within 1 minute she had added that note to all of our ADRs for the week. It's just a little thing, but it was so sweet of her to be so helpful with it all. It certainly made me feel far less awkward, and ... got me excited all over again about our upcoming trip home!!! So three cheers for the nice people on the phone!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks for sharing your story. Too often, the nice touches from the CM's get overlooked on these boards in favor of the less magical CM stories. Have a wonderful trip. Belated or not, a honeymoon is a special time and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful experience. :thumbsup2

Those are the nice little touches we have all grown accustomed to at Disney! Have a great belated honeymoon! :goodvibes

Just a word of caution...just because she added the info. to your ADR's doesn't mean anything will result from it. I know you didn't intend to have the red carpet rolled out for you at every restaurant when you made the call, but I would hate for you to be anticipating special recognition that doesn't occur. Just go into it with the mindset that nothing will happen, and if it does, it will be truly special. If it doesn't -- you won't be disappointed. I personally hope your honeymoon is the best ever. Have a wonderful time!!!

calypso*a*go-go said:
Just a word of caution...just because she added the info. to your ADR's doesn't mean anything will result from it. I know you didn't intend to have the red carpet rolled out for you at every restaurant when you made the call, but I would hate for you to be anticipating special recognition that doesn't occur. Just go into it with the mindset that nothing will happen, and if it does, it will be truly special. If it doesn't -- you won't be disappointed. I personally hope your honeymoon is the best ever. Have a wonderful time!!!
Well said, calypso. Based on the tone of the original post, I got the impression that there wasn't an expectation or feeling of entitlement that there would be many magical surprises because of the information, but that anything that came of it would be an unexpected bonus to the trip. Good point about not raising expectations of "magical moments" too high. :)

Granny -- you've got it right :) While 'magic' would be lovely, it's certainly not something we're expecting. We made sure to tell the hotel where we stayed for a couple of nights after our wedding that we were celebrating our wedding! And NOTHING happened ... needless to say, we've both learned that if anything happens it is a gift. And if nothing happens, we'll still have a great time taking the trip we've long awaited!!!

Calypso -- thanks for the reminder again! It's been good reading on these boards that sometimes great magic happens, and sometimes you just go have a good time all by yourself. I was simply happy that the CM thought to add the note to our ADRs to allow the possibility for a little extra surprise. It was nice not to ask, if you know what I mean

Thanks for sharing this about your experience. Hope you folks have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter