Going back for more MVMCP, this time I'm spending the night - SOLO! December 14-15, 2017 TR

IanDLBZF from MCMagic

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody! This is my first overnight WDW report here on the Dis!

I've done yearly trips to WDW since I was young, up until 2014. I've done 2 Disney Cruises, and me and my mom went to Disneyland back in March (that TR is incomplete). Since 2015, I've only done day trips but became an AP in February 2016 (my AP was a Christmas Present from my parents), these day trips have mostly been with my college (Beacon College in Leesburg, FL), but since 2016, during the Spring, Summer, Thanksgiving, and Winter Breaks I go on my own time (at least once during Thanksgiving or Spring Break; but more than that during Winter or Summer) but I don't drive down to WDW from where I live despite it only being an hour away. I just take SunRail from (usually DeBary, but during the past summer I've gone out of Lake Mary or Altamonte Springs - there are no SunRail stations in Leesburg, FL or in Lake County for that matter) to LYNX Central Station and then LYNX Link 50 from LCS to the TTC.
Well this trip is the first overnight trip at WDW I've done since 2014, and the first time I am staying at a DVC Resort! I'm going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on December 14 as well, thus being my second MVMCP (first one was last year on 12/16/2016)!

Here's the logistics of this trip:
Resort: Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Room: Deluxe Studio
No Dining Plan
Check-in: 12/14/2017
Check-out: 12/15/2017
Length of Stay: 2 Days, 1 Night

Itinerary should be as follows (Sorry if I sound crazy here folks):
December 14 -
  • Depart Leesburg for Sanford (Uber to Seminole Towne Center, then Lynx Link 46W to SunRail Station), Lunch at Seminole Towne Center, Travel by SunRail and Lynx from Sanford to TTC (via LYNX Central Station), Monorail/Ferry to MK then Boat to WL (I plan to leave Leesburg by 10:00 AM, eta to WL/BRV should be by 3:00 PM)
  • Check-in, settle in to room, explore resort (as time permits)
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom!
December 15 -
  • Might have breakfast at Roaring Fork or Geyser Point
  • This will be a travel day using Lynx, SunRail, and LakeXpress to travel back to Leesburg

Last edited:
Guess what's happening in 20 Days? My FastPass+ Window for this trip opens! (for 12/14 and 12/15!)
I need advice here, with me going right to MVMCP after checking in and settling into my room what would you guys recommend?
Gameplan for MVMCP follows (eta should be between 4:30-4:45 PM)...
  • Get wristband, if not entering through event entrance

• Grab “light” Dinner at Launching Pad

• 5:05-5:15 PM - get into line for Nick & Judy (they come out at 6:15 PM)
Park Closes to Day Guests at 6:00 PM

• Space Mountain

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

• Grab Cookies/Cocoa from Friar Nooks

• Splash Mountain

• A Frozen Holiday Wish (8:15 PM; unless a second show is planned)

• Peter Pan’s Flight

• Find a good spot for Holiday Wishes (10:00 PM)

• BTMRR

• Go to Main Street Train Station and Watch 2nd OUACT Parade from there

• Jingle Cruise

• Cookies/Cocoa (as time allows)

• 12:00 AM Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration

• I could see myself heading back to Wilderness Lodge by 12:20-12:45 AM
As for 12/15, I am going to Epcot & Animal Kingdom. Doing RD at Epcot, and FP+ at Animal Kingdom, all my FPs for Animal Kingdom could be after 11:30 AM. The gameplan here is:

Boat from WL to CR, then Monorail to TTC, then Monorail to Epcot

• RD - Frozen Ever After

• Test Track (Single Riders)

• Soarin’

• Living With The Land
Bus from Epcot to AK

• FP+ - Flight Of Passage

• Lunch - Saulti Canteen

• M&G - Timon

• Primeval Whirl

• FP+ - DINOSAUR

• Expedition Everest (Singles Line)

• FP+ - Kilimanjaro Safari
Need to leave AK and head back to WL by 3:00 PM (pick up bag from Bell Services)

Also something worth noting here too.
Regarding character meet and greets, so far this has happened to me with Chip N' Dale, Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps, as well as with Star-Lord and Groot, I have been getting shaky in my legs and my heart was pounding whenever I knew I was going to meet them, and I would get anxious. I don't know why this happens though.

Ok, so on Sunday I have booked all my FPs for MK (just ONE FP for Space Mountain, which I have at my disposal) for 12/14, and for AK on 12/15!
Gameplan for 12/15 is (check-out):
Wake up 7:30 AMish, pack, Breakfast - Roaring Fork or Geyser Point, drop off night bag at bell services (I'll tell them to have them hold my bag until I get back.
Bus from WL to Epcot OR Boat from WL to CR, then Monorail to TTC, then Monorail to Epcot

Epcot (Park 1/2 - RD 9:00 AM)

• RD - Frozen Ever After
  • Test Track - Single Riders Line
  • Mission Space - Green Team
  • Living With The Land
  • Spaceship Earth

Bus from Epcot to AK
Animal Kingdom (Park 2/2)

• FP+ - Navi River Journey (11:35-12:35 PM; eta 12:00 noon ish)
  • Lunch - Saulti Canteen
  • M&G - Timon (confidence levels permitting)
  • Primeval Whirl
  • FP+ - DINOSAUR (2:20-3:20 PM)
  • Expedition Everest (Singles Line)
  • FP+ - Kilimanjaro Safari (4:00-5:00 PM)

Need to leave AK by 5:00 PM (bus to WL), pick up bag at bell services, Boat to CR then Monorail to TTC, Travel by Lynx and SunRail from TTC to DeBary (via LYNX Central Station). My mom is going to clean my apartment in Leesburg, so she said she would be picking me up from the DeBary station. I actually live in New Smyrna Beach, which is about 30-minutes away from the DeBary station.

Alrighty, having seen the entertainment schedule for this year's MVMCP here's my "rough draft" game plan for 12/14. All I need is character information confirmed and we should be all set!
December 14, 2017

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Game plan (DRAFT)

Boat from WL to MK, Eta should be between 4:00-4:20 PM

• FP - Space Mountain (4:40-5:40 PM; which I have to my disposal)

• 5:05-5:15 PM - get into line for Nick & Judy (last year they came out at 6:15 PM, so I assume it will be the same scenario this year)
Park Closes to Day Guests at 6:00 PM, MVMCP starts at 7:00 PM

• Splash Mountain

• BTMRR

• A Frozen Holiday Wish (8:15 PM)

• Peter Pan’s Flight

• M&G - Scrooge McDuck (if time allows)

• Go to Main Street Train Station and Watch 2nd OUACT Parade from there (11:00 PM)

• Jingle Cruise

• 11:55 PM - Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
I could see myself heading back to Wilderness Lodge by 12:20-12:45 AM - Boat to WL

Ok, having learned that Nick & Judy are coming out at 6:45 PM on MVMCP nights, I have adjusted my plans accordingly. New plan for December 14 is as follows.
Boat from WL to MK, Eta should be between 4:00-4:20 PM
  • FP - Space Mountain (4:40-5:40 PM)
  • 5:05-5:15 PM - get into line for Nick & Judy (they come out at 6:15 pm)
Park Closes to Day Guests at 6:00 PM, MVMCP starts at 7:00 PM
  • Splash Mountain
  • BTMRR
  • A Frozen Holiday Wish (8:15 PM)
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • M&G - Scrooge McDuck (if time allows)
  • Go to Main Street Train Station and Watch 2nd OUACT Parade from there (11:00 PM)
  • 11:55 PM - Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
I could see myself heading back to Wilderness Lodge by 12:20-12:45 AM - Boat to WL

Last edited:
Big news!
F8OEes5.png

Yesterday was the last day I could customize my MagicBand for this trip, and it looks like it could be shipping sometime within the next 24-48 hours!

Big news!
F8OEes5.png

Yesterday was the last day I could customize my MagicBand for this trip, and it looks like it could be shipping sometime within the next 24-48 hours!
Quick update! Got an email on Thursday saying my MagicBand was being shipped (to my apartment in Leesburg). MDE shows that it should be delivered during Thanksgiving Break! USPS said that it would be delivered by Friday (11/17), but it hasn't arrived in Leesburg yet.
You see I go back to New Smyrna Beach during Thanksgiving Break....

My MagicBand arrived yesterday afternoon, before my mom came to my apartment to clean and pack before I came home for Thanksgiving Break!
qX7J1jQ.jpg

You know your trip is coming up FAST when you get this email!
5iIAjt_64jTU7sujM4ttDyjmIrpo09Ky_6vSbGmbCW4L3Q8qXBw1Bkq3VP8uLdmhvoyzV2ENx3HDouTcPJlY3UnowcphjHSB4lR3vI-uk0st4Ttq9IJgInUgzAlr5BzI5qldM11j4F8ilV9zDgueNYLI2f_f8N8oRo3fz2rBAeCIez1BcBsKKO1FJxDvdc7sJ90SEgvPd-gkUGR8rkNrGAtJeVJ2zhCmE4lN4rNiX3aiW-QEhA1GZVP3i3mQgG5cGMYGK_dvdAWtLlTHGmbiXfoF00T6sro1Qx05Pbwus_efDFKK_UildThlC5N9k0sNO4R0mLxl-bGsnPen6zbqRAZQRDt9Q-3cBMyf8i5xKEeatS1GfuYkMhcmqDauD5Nv6GLdOIU2f7mB2B5H8NqKDD75Li1ffgt19fZwuAjREwx8AcGUdE0hnbkz4X1__oKRiNWAnU1OtFoqX8sHvwdCuCIB7NOXX_7aXbGK8IrjcAG_3JOxjF9QmG7s1kUhFpIjJW84nWwKByB_zN32ja-bLEqjBe3fC8_ruajmpb6Zz_H-mD3rpBL5QfirCqMkEfsgxiRt7lQb7_KMAG9KnT4DnpE7PbYAdELVO8BhA3MgcYKrj5nnu8NsrzgaP8NJ6BLoNS7lCAOb0vyFXxM6kN0OjY-Ncg-gehtB4N4=w695-h521-no

Only 10 Days Left! Got a lot of classwork to do over the next 8 days - final projects and such!

get-excited-people-one-week-to-go.png

Only 7 Days left folks!
P.s. I have modified my MVMCP plan for 12/14 slightly:
ETA to MK between 3:55 and 4:20 (depends on when I get my room) - Taking Boat from WL to MK
  • FP - Splash Mountain (3:30-4:30 window; eta should be 4:25-4:30)
  • FP - BTMRR (4:30-5:30 window; eta should be 4:30-4:35)
  • Grab light dinner or snack
  • Go to Tomorrowland and get in line for Nick and Judy (need to do this by 5:00 PM as they come out at 6:15 PM)
  • Space Mountain
  • Frozen Holiday Wish (8:15 show)
  • Cookies and Cocoa in Fantasyland
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • 7DMT
  • Holiday Wishes
  • Meet Scrooge McDuck/Donald Duck
  • Go back to Main Street USA Train Station to Watch 2nd Parade (11:00 PM)
  • Cookies and Cocoa in Tomorrowland
  • Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration (11:55 PM)
Also I have decided to scratch my plans for 12/15 as a park day since I may very well be tired from MVMCP the night before, so 12/15 might as well be a breakfast and return home sorta day.

Ok, only two days left! And at this point I will be wrapping up the pre-trip report here. I won't be going live but I will however have a full trip report upon my return.

there have been reports that day of FPs for FOP have been dropped into the system at around 11:07 am each day. If I were you, I'd check on that while you're in DAK and if one becomes available -- switch out your Na'vi river FP selection.

Looking forward to hearing how you like the Studio. We plan on booking those next year. Have fun.
Definitely will! I have never stayed at a DVC Resort for that matter!
there have been reports that day of FPs for FOP have been dropped into the system at around 11:07 am each day. If I were you, I'd check on that while you're in DAK and if one becomes available -- switch out your Na'vi river FP selection.
Change of plans for 12/15 - I am not going to Epcot/AK as planned. I am using that day for travel because...
  1. My mom's planned have changed she is going to a Christmas Party at work and will be picking me up from my apartment this weekend rather than from DeBary on Friday, and
  2. I changed this over to a travel day so most of my day will be "in-transit." Also I do not want to deal with Uber late at night in Apopka vs what happened once in August.

Depart Leesburg for Sanford (Uber to Seminole Towne Center, then Lynx Link 46W to SunRail Station), Lunch at Seminole Towne Center, Travel by SunRail and Lynx from Sanford to TTC (via LYNX Central Station), Monorail/Ferry to MK then Boat to WL (I plan to leave Leesburg by 10:00 AM, eta to WL/BRV should be by 3:00 PM)

perhaps this is a stupid question -- but when go through the hassle of a 5 hour trip via public transportation if it would only take you an hour to drive down yourself? Not to mention you wouldn't have to worry about your mom picking you up. Parking would be free on property since you're staying at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!