Going Back to the way it was.

Kona65

Taking it slow and easy!
Just for discussion, if the decision makers at Disney would really listen:

What would you like to see happen at The Most Wonderful Place in the World happen?

1. Eliminate fast passes.
2. Go back to getting fast passes when you are actually in the park.
3. Bring back DreamFinder.
4. Bring back the paper tickets. A, B, C, D, E
5. Bring back the ability to plan a trip on a moments notice.
6. Eliminate all 30, 60, and 90 days reservations. Be spontaneous
7. Others.

I would not eliminate fast passes altogether. But I do think day of fast passes are more fair and allow for more spontaneity, so I would be in favor of that. However, I would like them to be digital...don't really care for a return to the days of mad dashing and criss crossing the park going between fast pass machines. I would like for them to go back to not every ride having fast pass available. I think the waits for a lot of rides have been made worse by the addition of fast pass (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Journey into Imagination to name a few), so I'd eliminate fast passes for some rides, putting them back to standby only.

Bring Mr. Toad's Wild Ride back to Fantasyland.

Bring back the original version of the Imagination ride (Dreamfinder and Figment being a truly lovable character instead of the annoying thing he is now).

Just out of curiosity, would you really want to go back to the days of paying per ride? That's essentially what the ticket books were. You got so many of each type of ride. If you wanted to additional rides and you ran out of tickets, you had to go buy more. I don't recall my visits under those (was very very young), but I definitely prefer just paying an admission price and doing as much as I can fit into the day under that one cost, including multiple visits to the same attraction if I so desire.

Those ticket books were the worst. Plus Disney would lose money.

If I remember correctly, way back when you didn't pay to enter the park, you just bought the book.

Yes all this advanced reservations not knowing when hours for events like EMM will be , not knowing when parks will open before FP day
I know it’s Disney and all but when I pay this much money.. I don’t want this much stress

Day of Fastpasses! You could still book them through MDE just maybe when you enter the park (or even when you get to a ride swiping your Magic band and then getting a Fastpass). Just a thought but that would enable more spontaneous trips and people to change plans easier.

I really want the old imagination ride back. I took DD on it a couple of years ago not realizing it had changed (it had been a while since I’d been on that ride in Epcot) and I was just so disappointed with it. It’s like they took a treasured childhood memory and stomped on it (I clearly truly dislike what they’ve done with it)...

Cut the maximum time for making ADRs way down to either 30 days or maybe 60 days. I think it's ridiculous to expect people to know what/where they want to eat 6 months out. I remember the days when they decided that on-property guests could book dining reservations a whole 3 days in advance and we thought that was great! Six months is ridiculous.

Cut the maximum time for making ADRs way down to either 30 days or maybe 60 days. I think it's ridiculous to expect people to know what/where they want to eat 6 months out. I remember the days when they decided that on-property guests could book dining reservations a whole 3 days in advance and we thought that was great! Six months is ridiculous.
About 10 years ago they tried 90 days and it was a complete disaster. The phone lines and the website crashed pretty much every day.

Mr. Toad! Absolutely!

I also wish Rose and Crown pub in Epcot would start serving their prime rib again. That dish was even better than getting a seating there for Illuminations.

And while we are on the topic of night time shows, how about the Main Street Electrical parade?!

Mr Toad for sure.

Restore Figment to his origin.

Day of digital fast passes for sure. That’s an awesome idea. I didn’t think of that. Ya no paper ones. I don’t want to do the soaring hike ever again.

Mr. Toad! Absolutely!

I also wish Rose and Crown pub in Epcot would start serving their prime rib again. That dish was even better than getting a seating there for Illuminations.

And while we are on the topic of night time shows, how about the Main Street Electrical parade?!

Or the prime rib from 12 plus years ago at cindy’s Table. The food used to be really good actually.

Aha! Cindy's Table-that reminds me, I wish they'd go back to a non-character meal at least once a day, preferably lunch. I remember having the most wonderful, peaceful, lunch up there-chicken caesar salad. And I forgot what I might have had for dessert. Yes, the good ole days. I think it was 2005 when it ended.

We really miss the original Akershus without princesses! The buffet food offerings were several times greater than today and they were delicious! I would love to see lunch or dinner WITHOUT characters. I'm so tired of the incessant need to put princesses everywhere you eat!!!

We really miss the original Akershus without princesses! The buffet food offerings were several times greater than today and they were delicious! I would love to see lunch or dinner WITHOUT characters. I'm so tired of the incessant need to put princesses everywhere you eat!!!

Yes, us too! And do you remember when Akerhaus first opened and the joke was, the servers would say "You must eat 7 plates to be a Viking!"

This ! And bring back Buzzy '
3815295_0.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter