Going Back to the way it was.

Tapestry of Nations parade at Epcot

YES!! THIS!!! The Sage of Time! Dear goodness...I ADORED him!!!!!
tap01.jpg

To be honest there is very little I would change. Now I have to admit its me. I am a Sr IT Analyst for the federal government. I plan vacations that I way I do any project. We are park commandoes who open and close every park. Unlike others I can easily plan ADR's at 180 days. Its simple after selecting a park for a day I first look at the parks places to eat then any hotels in the area. Then I consult the girls and book accordingly. With the proper use of fast passes we have never missed out on a ride. This past trip after we used our initial 3 passes my daughter was quite adept and getting us additional passes. The only things I miss, well someday I will forgive Disney for closing Stitch and The Great Movie Ride but it won't be this decade.

Those ticket books were the worst. Plus Disney would lose money.

If I remember correctly, way back when you didn't pay to enter the park, you just bought the book.
I'm glad someone else said this. Absolutely agree - you always ended up with not enough e-tickets and a whole bunch of A-B-C tickets you couldn't use. I remember getting I think it was called a Passport ticket you wore that would get you on any ride without tickets. We felt like hotshots touring the park without having to go back to a ticket window. Knotts Berry Farm had ticket books too. Magic Mountain (now Six Flags, but not when it opened) did not - LOVED going there especially in the early days, a big reason being it DIDN'T have the ticket books.

Those ticket books were the worst. Plus Disney would lose money.

If I remember correctly, way back when you didn't pay to enter the park, you just bought the book.
You definitely weren't paying "all access" pricing back when you had to buy ticket books. I'm sure they'd love to have us buy individual tickets of top of all access pricing though.

Does Cinderella's Table serve breakfast anymore? MANY years ago my wife and I stumbled upon it. We didn't even know it was a restaurant and just walked up to the stand to see what it was. I don't remember it being expensive. Needless to say, we were pleasantly shocked. I don't even think it was a character breakfast but could be wrong about that. Now you can barely even get reservations and the dinner is among the most spendy.

Just for discussion, if the decision makers at Disney would really listen:

What would you like to see happen at The Most Wonderful Place in the World happen?

1. Eliminate fast passes.
I admit, I'm a "planner" so I like all the advanced reservations, but I think people would be genuinely shocked how quick the lines would move if you did this.

I'm glad someone else said this. Absolutely agree - you always ended up with not enough e-tickets and a whole bunch of A-B-C tickets you couldn't use. I remember getting I think it was called a Passport ticket you wore that would get you on any ride without tickets. We felt like hotshots touring the park without having to go back to a ticket window. Knotts Berry Farm had ticket books too. Magic Mountain (now Six Flags, but not when it opened) did not - LOVED going there especially in the early days, a big reason being it DIDN'T have the ticket books.
Exactly!! You always had enough of those stupid tickets to ride It's A Small World 500 times and one shot to ride Space Mountain.

I remember Knotts Berry Farm had the tickets also. What a miserable way to see a park.

I wish Disney would bring back E-Ticket Ride night and still call it that!

Does Cinderella's Table serve breakfast anymore? MANY years ago my wife and I stumbled upon it. We didn't even know it was a restaurant and just walked up to the stand to see what it was. I don't remember it being expensive. Needless to say, we were pleasantly shocked. I don't even think it was a character breakfast but could be wrong about that. Now you can barely even get reservations and the dinner is among the most spendy.

I think it was sometime in 2005 that it became "all princesses all the time". Before that, I'm not sure, but I think that breakfast was still a character meal. I think it was in 2003 when 4 of us met up through the DIS and went there for breakfast with the Princesses.

What would you like to see happen at The Most Wonderful Place in the World happen?

2. Go back to getting fast passes when you are actually in the park.
3. Bring back DreamFinder.
4. Bring back the paper tickets. A, B, C, D, E
5. Bring back the ability to plan a trip on a moments notice.
6. Eliminate all 30, 60, and 90 days reservations. Be spontaneous
7. Others.

#2, in a heartbeat. The only thing you needed to maximize your park day and lower your wait times were knowledge and effort.

I would bring back GMR for my mom, who loves Wizard of Oz and never had a chance to see it before it closed. Would also like to see Remy return to Chefs de France, we never got to see him. Maybe I'm in the minority but I would never go back to the pre-Magic Band days. I think the people who favor paper FP either don't have small children or don't have people with mobility issues in their family, or they're just happy to be the lone sprinter. With FP+, the longest my family has ever waited in a line was 30 minutes Christmas Week for AstroOrbiter which doesn't have FP. My only memory from my sole childhood trip to WDW was waiting 2 hours for Space Mountain. I think the FP system for rides is better now, but I agree that 6 months out for ADRs is nuts. 2 months might be more reasonable, at least by then we know park hours.

Original Figment, please
Horizons
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
I'm probably alone here, but I really miss the original Snow White dark ride. They could've kept it and also had the Mine Train.
I don't want the old A B C D E tickets back--but I'd love those prices to come back!

2. Go back to getting fast passes when you are actually in the park.
3. Bring back DreamFinder.
4. Bring back the paper tickets. A, B, C, D, E
5. Bring back the ability to plan a trip on a moments notice.
6. Eliminate all 30, 60, and 90 days reservations. Be spontaneous
7. Others.

I always felt the reservations (180 and 60 days) were too far out. I get people want to plan, but planning a precise dinner 6 months ahead??

I have a differing view in terms of FP in the park. I remember it from teenage years, and it seems like a massive amount of work and walking. Especially considering what park hours are these days....

#3 in a heartbeat.

I hadn't been to Epcot in decades, and when I saw the post-'02 version of Journey into Imagination last year, my heart broke.

Evening parades
Day-of fast passes
Original Spaceship:Earth. This current version is a cheap rip-off, doing a computer sim for the last half of the ride. I am curious about the refurbishment.
Bring back Great Movie Ride. In fact, I liked the Studios better when it was about actually making movies.
Bring back pre-show entertainment. Anyone remember 4 for a Dollar, or the jugglers and comedians before Fantasmic?
MORE BENCH SPACE so I can sit when I am weary and people-watch!
More authentic food, especially in Epcot. So much feels so "dumbed down" for the American palate.
I like Soarin's original version better than the current one.

In light of Mickey's Philharmagic (which I love, don't get me wrong...it was brand new my first trip, and I'll do it every time I go!) moving to Disneyland...and considering the recent tie ins with Mickey Mouse...and considering that Tokyo Disneyland has not shown it since 2009....I would LOVE to see a day 1 MK attraction come back, fully refurbished.... the Mickey Mouse Revue! I'm a little weird with the thought, however I feel like there are some of us that love the classic things, something that has that old time touch. I KNOW those animatronics still exist for the most part! Save for a few that have been placed elsewhere, I think they could do amazing things now.

I’d bring back:

1. The old EMH that were longer, more frequent and more useful...the hours that are now being replaced by expensive ticketed events.

2. Nighttime parade

3. Wishes - I really like Happily Ever After but I hate that you can’t watch it without cramming a dozen sweaty people into your personal space. I liked that Wishes could be enjoyed from other locations which provided more options and spread out the crowd a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter