Going between Disney World and Universal with Scooter

musicmom3331

Mouseketeer
7 of us will be going to Disney World next summer. My grandson has really gotten into Harry Potter, so we thought we'd spend a couple of days at Universal. I will be renting an ECV from Gold Mobility for the duration of our trip. We want to just stay at Caribbean Beach and shuttle to Universal. What do you recommend to book to get back and forth, keeping in mind there are 7 people, including 3 kids, and a scooter? Thanks!

Two vehicles? We've never booked a ride to go back and forth between the two theme parks. We did rent a car at the Swan/Dolphin one time though, for the day just to go to Universal and around the area. Every other trip, we had our car with us,, so I don't have a company to recommend.

Or you could possibly rent a 15 passenger van for those days, and shuttle everyone yourself; you would have to ask for the rear seat row to be removed so that you could fit the scooter, after it was broken down into pieces.

You could rent a portable scooter that breaks down into parts. They work fairly well but are overall a bit smaller, the seat can be smaller, and the battery may not last as long. I think generally the heavier you are, the shorter time you will have with the battery and that's more of a consideration if you are over 180lbs. If you have concerns about that, ask the company you plan to rent from what they'd say about battery life for a portable scooter. I used a portable for some trips several years ago when we went to US/IOA and Disney (stayed at Disney and used our car to drive to Universal) and it worked well. Our old Honda Odyssey minivan could have fit 7 (adults or children) and a portable scooter) so perhaps a large ride share vehicle could also?

I guess the other option would be to rent the regular scooter and in that case does Mears or other taxi services have vehicles you can reserve that can load that type of scooter? I'd think you'd definitely need two vehicles in this scenario however.

One other option is to rent a park scooter at Universal. Then, you don't need to transport one. Hopefully, you can make the walk to the park for the scooter rental. Even though you pay for another scooter this could be cheaper than other options.

One other way would be to take two round trips to Universal in the same vehicle. Split your group up however it may work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter