Going budget this trip with special needs child?

hmerritt

Mouseketeer
We've been twice this year and stayed Poly Concierge and are going for a quick 3 day budget trip in a few weeks. We can't afford to stay PC every trip going 4-5 times a year, and booked the WL, but are thinking we want to go even cheaper so we can go more often with AP. Having a hard time letting go of a "deluxe" resort only because we got so spoiled at the Poly. But anyway, trying to go cheaper but the convenience of the Poly with a special needs child was tremendous. Looking for cheaper but still convenient to the park. Cannot sit through an hour or even 30 minutes of a bus ride. Can anyone help me make my decision easier? Also- since the parks close early while we'll be there, maybe a hotel with great pool area to keep occupied at night. Or what about staying in the Epcot area? How easy is it to just jump the monorail there and take it to MK? I would still love a view of something when we go back to the hotel. Has to look totally Disney or my son will think we left. Alex has become so accustomed to the Monorail, I am worried how he will react not staying at the Poly.

Thanks,
Heather

Just as an FYI, you should really look into buying DVC if you want to stay deluxe that often...

The BW and BC would fit your bill, although you don't take the monorail to the MK, you take a bus. Average ride time ~15 minutes to the MK. You walk to Epcot and MGM, or you can take a pleasant boat ride. Bus to AK ~10 minutes.

Anne

We thought about it, but while we still have toddlers, being on the Monorail and so convenient to the park is invaluable. Just didn't think we would go as often as we have. We get a bug, and we gotta pack up and go!

Heather

Well, I would stick with WL. If you absolutely don't want to do the Poly then I would suggest staying as close to MK as possible because it sounds like that is what you want and need.

Have you already booked with an AP discount?

I know the WL rooms tend to be a little cheaper than other deluxe resorts at certain times.

I wouldn't move to a moderate unless you decide that's what you want to do. The bus rides can be brutal at times and fantastic at other times-but is doesn't sound like you want to take the chance.

IMHO-stick with WL. The boat ride to MK is very nice and even the bus rides don't take that long.

Good luck in your decision, have fun and let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter