Going DxDP - coming out "ahead" without too much food

We are doing DXDP this Aug but have done it before so we know what to expect. It is a lot of food, but also allows for planned breaks and allows us to eat at all the sigs we don't do OOP or on the regular plan. We'll be doing Jiko, BOG, Narcooses, Boathouse, Le Cellier, HDD, plus arriving a day earlier on a room only (so using credits for the full first day). Love seafood and steak, so we normally order the most expensive items on the menu regardless. Hoping to grab CG Brunch if I can as well. For us, the food is a big part of the whole vacation. Only $ wasted is cause DD16 eats like a bird.

I've always longed to eat in the signatures (pretty much all of them). I recently booked 4 nights with DxDP and 5 days in the world. If I book 5 signature restaurants, I've got just two days with two sit down meals. Will use snack credits to much through F&G in Epcot two other nights. Looks like financially it makes sense. Sound like a reasonable plan that won't send me home with my pants buttons popping off?
This is what we have done when we purchase the DxDP. You do spend a lot of time eating (each Signature Meal is 2-3 hours), but it is a wonderful way to try some pricier restaurants and you won't lose money.

My only recommendation is to check out the menus and do a quick calculation on what you would "spend" and then add the tip to that because it does add quite a bit in tips to the budget. I like to have that in my budget.

We are planning a trip for late-February, early-March. We're in one room, and my daughter and son-in-law will arrive three days later and stay in a second room. We've booked our room with DxDDP and their room with DDP. We're sharing credits among all four of us. We'll have a couple of signature meals but will mostly have two 1 TS sit-downs a day for everyone. They'll only be there for five nights, so they'll use two CS when they arrive, and we'll use the other eight for BOG breakfast and Satuli Canteen. In general, my DH HATES the CS restaurants and the food is an important part of the vacation for him. We've also not found value in most 2TS meals. I ran the numbers for the cost of the plan, vs. what I thought we would actually order and pay for out of pocket, and I came out ahead by splitting the plans between the two rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!