Going forward, will it be really hard at 11 months out?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Will DVC owners have a hard time in the next couple years booking studios right at the 11 month window? I am sure at 7 months, it will be really hard, but at your home resort?

I don’t think so. Booking for next spring hasn’t been an issue. The reduction in borrowing is a big one that will help.

It is likely wait and see to get definitive answer, but currently the 11-Month reservation window has been operating close to the same as past history for reservations starting mid-March 2021 to late April 2021. Other than usual suspects, like AKV value and club level rooms, that have often in the past had 11-month issues during the spring (and throughout the year), rooms have generally been readily available at the 11-month window during that time.

Right now even the smallest resort, VGC, is wide open Jan-April (well there's a few days you can't get studios like MLK weekend) ... a lot of people still aren't booking at the 11 month mark.

I don’t think so. Booking for next spring hasn’t been an issue. The reduction in borrowing is a big one that will help.
What do you mean by the reduction in borrowing? I feel like I missed something... :guilty:

What do you mean by the reduction in borrowing? I feel like I missed something... :guilty:
Members are restricted to borrowing no more than 50% of the points in any contract for any reservations going forward until further notice. Reservations which use more than 50% will be cancelled and the borrowed points will be returned to their original UY. The exception would be existing reservations that were made prior to when the restriction was announced and waitlists that authorized the borrowing of points which were made prior to the announcement.

Members are restricted to borrowing no more than 50% of the points in any contract for any reservations going forward until further notice. Reservations which use more than 50% will be cancelled and the borrowed points will be returned to their original UY. The exception would be existing reservations that were made prior to when the restriction was announced and waitlists that authorized the borrowing of points which were made prior to the announcement.

To add, the restriction went In place around 3:30 pm on April 24th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!