Going Gold this Summer

iggyboo

Mouseketeer
This is my first post to these boards and I need some suggestions,My siser and I are going to Disneyworld this summer frome June 6th thru June 20th on the new Dreammaker Gold plan,We willhave 42 meals to eat and were looking for any suggesions of where to eat or which ones to avoid (Even though it is prepaid and we can order what we want I want the best dining experience possible to) Just want to hear people experience,and what there favorites and least favorites are.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Iggyboo :jester:

You will be eating your entire vacation so be prepared...we did the grand plan and it was just way too much food.

Our favorite places to eat:
Breakfast: Spoodles, Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma
Lunch: Norway Akershaus, Mexico San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, Sci Fi diner, Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melroses, Cinderellas Castle, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier
Dinner: Spoodles, Jiko, Artist Point, Flying Fish, Norway, Mexico, Chefs de France, Victoria and Alberts, Boma

These are just of few of the places we have had excellent meals in the past year.

We are also going gold in March. I know it is a long time off...actually 112 days...but who's counting. ;) I'll let ya know what it is like. I have made ps's for cirque, luau, cali grill and princess storybook breakfast. Some other places we are considering are Wolgang puck's upstairs, Crt, coral reef, fultons, boma, and bongos.

Hi,
Our Most Favorite-not to be missed are:
Flying Fish-B.W.
Jiko-A.K.
Portabello's- D.D
Have "Grand" time!

Thanks again to everyone so far fr their suggestions.

Have tried some(Norway+Mexico) and going to try some of the other(California Grill+Coral Reef).

And plan on going to all the ones you suggested Maray(Especially Jiko's).

And Dansyr sent you an PM with some my experiences and favorite restaurants for you to consider.

Everybody keep the suggestions coming.

Iggyboo:jester:

P.S also tell me restaurants you didn't like and why.

Still looking for suggestions of where to eat and peoples experience(bad+good)

Thanks,
Iggyboo:p

I really enjoyed Narcoosee's for dinner my last trip.
A favorite is also the Teppanyakki Dining room in Japan at Epcot.

Oh my, 14 days. What fun and what good eating.

For breakfast be sure to try Kona at the Poly and the Grand Floridian Cafe (haven't had breakfast there but very much enjoy the restaurant). I would probably do these each a couple of times along with a character meal or two. Boma's breakfast buffet also sounds good.

For lunch, we enjoy CRT and the Plaza on MK days as well as the Grand Floridian Cafe. Liberty Tree Tavern is nice for lunch, too but I would skip it for dinner as it's a set menu then.

At MGM we like Brown Derby and Mama Melrose's for lunch and the BD for dinner, too.

Some places we've enjoyed at Epcot for lunch while on earlier versions of this plan include Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, the Japanese restaurants(senior moment:confused: ), San Angel Inn. Lots of folks on these boards also rave about Le Cellier.

Oh for dinner...so many great choices. California Grill, Citricos, Narcoosees, Kona Cafe, Artist Point, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Jiko's, Portabello's, Wolfgang Pucks. I would also choose to try Spoodles and Flying Fish although I've not dined at either yet.

I would also do HoopdeDoo and the Luau for some Disney fun.

I forgot Coral Reef at Epcot. We've enjoyed a number of good lunches and dinners there over the years but it is expensive enough that I don't think we've ever eaten there UNLESS we were on such a plan. Also Bistro de Paris for dinner...very good food and a quieter restaurant for dinner than Chefs de France.

Hello again

Still looking for restauran suggestions any help would be greatly appreciated

Iggyboo

In the Poly, Ohana is great fun for dinner. We loved the appetizers and the skewered beef and pork. Kona Cafe for breakfast was so good that my hubby would not eat anywhere else for 7 days. Best coffee in WDW and unbelievable Tonga Toast.

EPCOT: We love San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Sunshine Food Fair in the Land Pavillion, and Marrakkesh. Alfredo's was so-so, Coral Reef food was just ok, but the view is spectacular. Germany restaurant used to be excellent, but we do not care for the group seating and buffet they have now. Rose and Crown is fun, delicious, and known for big portions. I ate at Bistro de Paris years ago and it was very good.

MGM: Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine In are really fun and tasty. Did not like ABC Commissary at all.

AK: We always eat at Tusker House for tasty vegetarian food.

MK: Don't miss Cindy's for dinner. We like Columbia Harbor House for lunch (go upstairs for plenty of extra seating). We have had ok breafast and dinner at Tony's Town Square.

California Grill is a must (chocolate hazelnut pyramid is a to-die-for dessert), and we always enjoy Spoodles at the Boardwalk for dinner.

Bon appetit!

I would suggest Crystal Palace for breakfast! Very good food! Chef Mickey's for dinner, good food and a fun atmosphere. I have heard good things about Ohana's and we are trying it on our next trip so that may be one for you to consider. 1900 Park Fare we didn't like personally even though it was a villans dinner and the characters were fun we just didn't care for the food. Hope you have a great trip!

Here are some of our favorites

Jiko's
Spoodles
Rose & Crown Pub
House of Blues
Le Celliers
Brown Derby
Wolfgang Pucks

We also did the Poly Luau last month and really enjoyed it, the food and show were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter