Going "home" for the first time - a few questions

curiouser

Keep believing, keep pretending...
I guess its not really our first trip home.. We're staying at OKW, which isn't our home resort, and its not even really MY home, its SO's parents. :teeth:

Anyway.. a few questions I had:

I know maid service does not come everyday. Are there enough bath soaps to get us through until maid service comes through or should we bring our own?

I heard there are no safes in the studios at OKW. Is this true? Has anyone had any problems with not being able to secure their money, etc?

Are the hairdryers the same as the ones that are in the resorts? We had some problems with ones at BC overheating and shutting themselves off for an extended period of time.

TIA!! :sunny:

There will be the same soaps and other items that you get at all WDW resorts. On the 4th day, you will get additional soaps and towels. I can't remember if there is a safe in the studio closet or not, but I thought there was.

SAme hairdryers I have seen at every hotel or resort.

:tink: :smickey: Hope you all have a Mickey Magical Journey!!!!! :thumbsup2

Safe Travels! :dumbo: :car: :boat: :dumbo:

~DW ::MinnieMo

I really thought we had a safe at OKW but I can't say that totally for sure. We had the same hairdryers as everywhere else. I had no problems. I use mine for a good 3-4 minutes then go back to it and use it for 2-3 more and have had no problems.

It isn't our home resort either, but we had such a nice stay and you will be completely spoiled at the size of the rooms there...they are HUGE!! The resort is beautiful and it really grew on us during our week there. We also really loved parking just steps away from our unit. How nice!

Good luck and welcome home!!!

We had a safe in our studio at OKW in Nov. and the hair dryers were the standard hotel hairdryers so I always bring my own. You will love OKW there are small soaps in all of the bathroom but they should be enough you can get new ones on the trash and tidy day

I know maid service does not come everyday. Are there enough bath soaps to get us through until maid service comes through or should we bring our own?
Yes

I heard there are no safes in the studios at OKW. Is this true? Has anyone had any problems with not being able to secure their money, etc?
There are safes.

Are the hairdryers the same as the ones that are in the resorts? We had some problems with ones at BC overheating and shutting themselves off for an extended period of time.
Have had no problems with the dryers.

I was in a studio with 3 friends about 3 weeks ago for 4 nights. We had no problem with the bath soaps, we didn't even use the ones the left on trash & towel day. The problem we had is they didn't leave enough washcloths when we checked in (only 2 plus 1 towel animal), it took 3 calls to finally get them.

Thank you everyone for your responses and kind wishes! :teeth: I have to admit, I'm slightly skeptical because I love BC so much, but I'm sure OKW will be fantastic!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter