Going Hong Kong Disneyland (at last)

steamboat will

Mouseketeer
This weekend i finally make it to Hong Kong Disneyland.

It's the last Disney in the world left on my list having already visited WDW,DL,DLP and TDL.

I intend on posting a trip with lots of pictures on my return.

SW

Cool! Can't wait for a report.

The only park(s) I have left are DL Paris and Studios Paris......at least until Shanghai opens.

You will have a great time if you just take in the park slow and take your time. I was just there last week. You are lucky you will be there for The Chinese New Year Celebration. If you have time try out Chef Mickeys at the Disney Hollywood Hotel for the breakfast or dinner buffet very very good. Dont do lunch there it from a menu. If you like to see video I have links on the Dis on this thread. Have a great time enjoy.

The only park(s) I have left are DL Paris and Studios Paris......at least until Shanghai opens.

Living in the UK Disneyland Paris is my "Home Park" just a few short hours by train. It truly is a beautiful park. The studios is still a very new and small neighbour but it has magical moments too.

I’m hoping Shanghai is built with the size and attention to detail it needs to be successful. I can’t wait to see how it project develops

SW

You will have a great time if you just take in the park slow and take your time. I was just there last week. You are lucky you will be there for The Chinese New Year Celebration. If you have time try out Chef Mickeys at the Disney Hollywood Hotel for the breakfast or dinner buffet very very good. Dont do lunch there it from a menu. If you like to see video I have links on the Dis on this thread. Have a great time enjoy.

Looking forward to the New year celebrations we plan to spend new years day in the park just so we can experience the atmospher of a busy day. We also have a couple of days next week when i'm sure the crowds will be much lighter so we can SEE the park.

We're booked into the Disneyland Hotel for 4 Nights so will be wandering over to the Hollywood Hotel to check that out too.

SW

We've been to all of the parks too and going to HK in a couple of weeks. We're not doing it on this trip but we have on others, is to fly thru Tokyo to go to HK. We stay a few days in Tokyo (it used to be no charge for the layover) and then can hit both parks on one trip. We live in Seattle so this is pretty easy to do with the flights to Asia from here. HKDL is so so, but Tokyo is awesome!!

Hi all

I've been back from my HKDL trip for a couple of weeks, and had an incredible time.

The park was small, even though i was expecting this, it still came as a surprise to experience how small it was. walking from Buzz Lightyear on one side of the park to Jungle Cruise on the other side of the park takes a fraction of the time that it does in any of the other parks.

We got upgraded at the Disneyland Hotel to Castle Club Floor which was amazing.

I'll be posting a full trip report with pictures once i've had a chance to sort through my pictures.

SW

Welcome to the "I've been to all eleven Disney Parks" club!

(I wonder how many of us there are?)

wow - john! 11 parks!

out of interest what are your fave two or three parks?

That's kind of hard to answer because I've been to the Florida and California parks a lot, and Paris only 3 trips, Tokyo only two trips, and Hong Kong only 1 trip. So Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong all seem newer and fresher and different to me.

That said, I guess my favorites are EPCOT, Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.

Hello

I'm so sorry i've not posted any more info about my trip. I was the videographer on the trip and my friend was the photographer so i've been wating to get a copy of his pictures before i posted more info. He's so super busy (an lives in a totally different country to me) i've not yet sorted out getting all the pictures but i promise i'll post some when we finally get around to meeting up.

Concerning the interesting question of the best park's. here's my list. Which i KNOW will surprise many people starting with 11 (my least favourite upto) 1 my Favourite.

11 Walt Disney Studios Paris
10 Hong Kong Disneyland
9 Disney's California Adventure
8 The Magic Kingdom
7 Disney Hollywood Studios
6 Tokyo Disneyland
5 Tokyo Disneyseas
4 EPCOT
1 Disneyland Paris
1 Disneys Animal Kingdom
1 Disneyland

So a joint 1st place for DLP, DAK and DL i really can't choose which of the 3 reigns supreme! i depends on my mood, time of day and so many other factors.

Please don't think that i dislike those lower placed parks i love them all !!! and i can't wait to see how the DCA re-do changes it's possition.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter