Going on Tues. Feb. 11

jilljill

<font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col
I will be arriving at the Newport Bay Club on Tues., Feb. 11, keep the rain and snow away from the parks please. :)
I haven't been there since May 3, 1992 I hope things have improved since then.
Are there still a lot of cast members that do not speak English? That was our biggest problem before.
:earsgirl:

Things have changed a fair bit since May '92. For a start there is a whole new theme park, the Walt Disney Studios, which although small is a nice compliment to the Disneyland park next door. The main differences in the main Disneyland park will be the addition of two brilliant rollercoasters - Space Mountain and Indiana Jones & the Temple of Peril - plus the replacement of Captain EO with Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I'd be interested to hear your views on how the park has matured over the past ten years...

I can't remember the last time that I came across a Cast Member who didn't speak English (along with 2 or 3 other tongues!) so I'm sure that you won't have any language barriers to overcome. I certainly have not had problems from only speaking English in several years of regular visitors to the park.

Regards

Rob

As regards the weather, if you pack for rain you will probably find it is not too much of a drawback. Much of the new park in particular is under cover and there is a 'secret' route into the heart of the Disneyland Park which keeps you dry, too (just go through the left-hand Liberty Arcade as you enter Town Square, turn sharp left at the top, and follow the covered walkway thru Frontierland into Adventureland and then around Agrabah Cafe, along the side of Au Chalet du Marionette and you are right up by Peter Pan). If you make sure the children are kept warm, that is usually more than half the battle. Yes, it CAN be unpleasant weather-wise (as it can here :rolleyes: ), but the up-side is much shorter queues and both parks are easier to get around. Finally, if you can remember just a few words of French (the obvious Yes, No, Please and Thank You), it is a bonus, as the French cast members will definitely warm to you that much more if you make even a token effort. And, if you get the benefit of a sunny day in the Disneyland Park, prepare to be wowed by how beautiful it all is!

Have fun!

........ we have not encountered any CMs that don't understand English, but if you do, there is usually another CM close by to assist you.
I do hope for good weather for you - of course it will be cold so do go prepared, but I hope that you get dry weather........ please let us know about your trip on your return!

BTW, when you've checked in go straight to the Concierge to book your breakfasts!

That's a good tip from Shirley - Make sure you book your breakfasts, especially at NPBC (the biggest hotel).

All of the cast members we have met have been very fluent in English and extremely helpful.

Have a great time, not long to go now......

:)

Thanks for the tips. But one thing I have to ask, why do we need to book our breakfasts?

It is not essential that you reserve a time for breakfast, but it could help you avoid a long queue first thing in the morning. The restaurants in the Newport Bay Club get very busy 8.00am to 9.00am, and long queues can build up to get a table for breakfast. The hotel has a reservation system where you book a time for breakfast, allowing you to bypass whatever standby queue is there (think of it as a FastPass for breakfast). You reserve your time at the Concierge desk in the hotel's reception. It's best to do this as soon as you arrive, for every day that you are staying at the hotel (not just for the following day) as the popular time slots (8-9) get taken quite quickly. Having said all that your visit is in February, so major queues for anything are unlikely to be a big problem.

Have a great visit.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter