Going solo.. The 3 stages of coworker reactions

Since I started this thread my plans have spread around my office like wildfire as is the norm. I told maybe 5 people and about 30 people are aware and have provided unprovoked opinions.

In my situation some are thinking they would go to Vegas...sorry. no. Going to Vegas solo? Disney is pricy but this would be a recipe for disaster..maybe if Vegas had flight of passage or tower of terror but no thanks.

Any sarcastic comment I receive is born out of jealousy I am absolutely convinced.
A guy I guess might be okay but a women solo in Vegas. I don’t think so.

A guy I guess might be okay but a women solo in Vegas. I don’t think so.

why not a woman solo in Vegas??? Ive been to Vegas twice, once with friends and once with my mom and adult sister. I would love to go back on my own, do some shows, hang out by the pool, go shopping and explore on my own.

Vegas is just the same as any major city, as long as you are aware of personal safety and are streetwise, whats the big deal??

My GF goes solo to Vegas several times a year. She plays poker, I don't. She loves it. Would rather go solo than with me...

For me, the purpose of a vacation is to take a break and have fun. We’re all different, so this could be exotic foreign travel, a staycation, or anything in between. For the more interesting, fun people it is frequent visits to WDW! Some people are comfortable traveling alone and others can’t imagine doing something as simple as going to a restaurant or movie without an entourage, which is their loss. My vacation is about ME and the people with whom I travel.

Yes! Last week I booked my third solo trip; this time for the Princess Half Marathon weekend (just running the 5K though). A friend said she couldn't believe I was already going back since I had just been there in January, but I don't think it's any different than those who go to the beach every year (and I love the beach). It's also a place I can visit solo and feel safe. Disney trips aren't cheap and it can be a big ask to get someone to go with you if they don't love it as much as you do, so I just tell friends I'm going and if anyone wants to go with me they can invite themselves. :teeth:

We were having a conversation at the office a week ago about going solo to WDW. A few of us started off with "I don't think I'd like eating alone", "it's more fun to share the experience with someone", which then began to turn to "I could just graze at a few CS/QS/festival kiosks", "I wouldn't have to do/see what my partner wanted", "I could spend some time by the pool on my own reading" and ended up with "yeah, I could see that being something I'd want to do. I'll definitely consider that for the future".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter