Going solo to California Grill

Finerfam

Mouseketeer
I'll be in WDW next weekend with a friend, but there's one night where I'll be solo. I've been wanting to try California Grill, but usually have my toddler with me (this is my first adults only trip). So I went ahead and booked a reservation for 1! I think I'd prefer to sit in the lounge if there's space, but I wanted to be sure I had a table that night. Will I be able to ask the hostess to sit in the lounge when I check in for my reservation? Or do you think I'd be better off just sticking with my regular table? This is my first time dining solo at WDW, so I'm a little nervous, but excited to finally try CG! Any recommendations or advice is welcome. :thanks:

Yes, you will be able to ask the hostess to sit in the lounge when you check in for your reservation. I think you'd be better off just sticking with your regular table.

Your first time dining solo can be a great experience. I recommend you try to put your nervousness aside the best you can and relax. But if you prefer sitting in the lounge do that.

Yes, you will be able to ask the hostess to sit in the lounge when you check in for your reservation. I think you'd be better off just sticking with your regular table.

Your first time dining solo can be a great experience. I recommend you try to put your nervousness aside the best you can and relax. But if you prefer sitting in the lounge do that.

Thanks! Can I ask why you recommend the table over the lounge? I think I'd be fine with either, just curious if there's a specific reason you'd choose the table?

I ate there solo a few years ago and sat at a table. I really enjoyed looking out the window at MK. Enjoy your meal.

Thanks! Can I ask why you recommend the table over the lounge? I think I'd be fine with either, just curious if there's a specific reason you'd choose the table?
1; for the view. 2; I like to have a little space. 2.1; eating dinner takes more time than stopping by for a drink - keeping one more space open for drinkers appeals to my, personal, sensibility.

Since you are fine with either then just the view is worth it.

If you're having dinner, I would definitely recommend the table you have. You get more space and personalized service from your waiter.

If you're having dinner, I would definitely recommend the table you have. You get more space and personalized service from your waiter.

Good point about the table having more personalized service! That would definitely be a plus.

I'd recommend a table too. I ate there solo last September and it was fine. There were others there doing the same and if anyone was throwing curious glances my way I didn't notice.

That said do whatever makes you feel more comfortable :-)

Just came back from my solo trip last month and I dined solo at California Grill at the table.

Indeed the waiter was great and he actually gave me some beer samples...something I never expected at a disney restaurant. Got the $75 Kansas city steak. Was a little tough and would probably would order the filet next time and ask for the mac and cheese..unreal.

They sat me in the middle of 2 couples and conversations were easy to make. I would joke "she should be here any time now" and act sad and after a while one said "I think you are getting stood up" which would start a conversation.

I had a great time...and the view is awesome.

I dined solo at California Grill in early June; ended up having a great meal and a good time. I got seated in a room that seemed like it could be closed off from the main dining room and that overlooked Bay lake. The room was definitely quieter than the main dining room. Watched the Epcot fireworks in the distance and then got up later to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks--overall, a great experience.

Just came back from my solo trip last month and I dined solo at California Grill at the table.

Indeed the waiter was great and he actually gave me some beer samples...something I never expected at a disney restaurant. Got the $75 Kansas city steak. Was a little tough and would probably would order the filet next time and ask for the mac and cheese..unreal.

They sat me in the middle of 2 couples and conversations were easy to make. I would joke "she should be here any time now" and act sad and after a while one said "I think you are getting stood up" which would start a conversation.

I had a great time...and the view is awesome.
More concerned about the tough steak?

I've actually done California Grill myself, but I just sat at the bar. It was part of my progressive meal around the monorail loop (AKA, Monorail Bar Crawl). I had a glass of wine and the short rib wontons. Very tasty!

I dined at CG solo last year. I sat at a table and had really great service. I was also lucky enough to have timed the reservation so that I could watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks while having desert at my table. It was well worth the splurge!

This is my first time dining solo at WDW, so I'm a little nervous, but excited to finally try CG! Any recommendations or advice is welcome. :thanks:

Since it's after the weekend, I assume you've already experienced CG solo dining. I hope you had a great experience.

I dined there solo last December on my week long solo trip. The service was exemplary, the server cheerful and attentive, the food (I had Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, and the filet) to die for. Any time I've dined solo at WDW I've always been made to feel special by the servers. I've made 2 solo trips now, and planning another, I love the freedom I have on a solo trip.

Since it's after the weekend, I assume you've already experienced CG solo dining. I hope you had a great experience.

I dined there solo last December on my week long solo trip. The service was exemplary, the server cheerful and attentive, the food (I had Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, and the filet) to die for. Any time I've dined solo at WDW I've always been made to feel special by the servers. I've made 2 solo trips now, and planning another, I love the freedom I have on a solo trip.

My reservation is actually for this coming Saturday...getting excited! Definitely want to try that Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter