Going solo to MNSSHP

klangl6

Just tryin' to live my best life!
We are taking a family trip 10/8 to 10/13. I really want to go to MNSSHP, but I don't think anyone else will be able to go (buying tickets for 5 people gets pricey!). Has anyone been solo as a middle age adult?

Yes, I have been to MNSSHP on my own, but it wasn't my best. I'm fine with touring parks solo, or doing backstage tours on my own, dining on my own, no problem. But for me special events like this, or character dinings, where it really is about the experience, I enjoy it better with friends. I had a good time, but I'm quite sure if I had people to share the experience with.

Would I go solo if I had the chance? Probably, but that chance is about 70-80%.

I think you'd have a blast. And if candy is your thing, you'll get enough to share with the others who didn't go. The parade is my very favorite event out of all the one's Disney offers.

I did both MNSSHP and MVMCP last year solo. I have an AP, so I got into the MK early in the day of the Halloween party and lined up early for Jack & Sally (was wearing my Sally shirt). Also did a meet & picture with Pooh & friends. Rode some rides, collected some candy, watched the parade (not to be missed!), did a dessert party to get a reserved fireworks viewing spot. Enjoyed it more than the Christmas party overall.

Yes! Multiple times. And I dress up and get pics with all the characters. It is lots of fun to go solo and follow your own plan...wait in line 2 hours for Jack and Sally? Solo, it’s your decision...with others you may get pressured to move on...

We are taking a family trip 10/8 to 10/13. I really want to go to MNSSHP, but I don't think anyone else will be able to go (buying tickets for 5 people gets pricey!). Has anyone been solo as a middle age adult?
I'll be in the same boat, travelling with my children now late teens to in their twenties, we'll spend time together but I have never done this and would like. We were there in 2017 and they passed. So next trip, we may take some time to do what each of us wants to solo.

I went last September solo and while I had a good time, it wasn't as fun as with my wife. I did a lot of rides and some character meets. I will say, avoid the terrace dessert party. I thought it would be nicer to have a good place to sit (I was on a quick trip and did way too much), but the view isn't great. If you have to do one, do the plaza seating. Much better view of the fireworks.

I went last September solo and while I had a good time, it wasn't as fun as with my wife. I did a lot of rides and some character meets. I will say, avoid the terrace dessert party. I thought it would be nicer to have a good place to sit (I was on a quick trip and did way too much), but the view isn't great. If you have to do one, do the plaza seating. Much better view of the fireworks.
That's what I did last year, plaza garden view party. The parties had been quite crowded and I wanted a good view of the castle projections. It was my first (and probably my last) dessert party. When I went back for MVMCP a month later, I went to the garden on the opposite side by Crystal Palace and viewing was as good there for free!

Went solo to the Halloween party last year. It really helped get good spots for the parade and fireworks just 15 minutes before.

Anyone doing exclusive shots/characters/etc. is a true Disney fan and wouldn’t think twice about you being there solo. And the CMs with candy don’t care and don’t seem to notice solo guests either.

I do things solo often and enjoy it. If you are often comfortable on your own, I say go for it. If you're the type who prefers the company of others, it might not be worth the money for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts