going to Dolphin alone for five nights

Eileen226

<font color=FF66FF>Knows she can't eat computer co
Ok,it's all set. Now after 30 yrs of going to WDW, where do we eat? I was 11 when all of this started. We have never eaten in France. Love the menu for lunch. Any reviews? We are staying at the Dolphin,,any room requests? It's our 19th anniversary, any suggestions. Thanks as always, we're just soooo thankful to be going and that our 17yr old and 13yr old(who is also going to MSSHP 10/13-10-19) are happy for their Mom and Dad for having some time alone in their "Happy Place" Any and all suggestions for making it special are welcome!

Ask for a king room at the Dolphin. That room is very nice, further from the elevators but will include a <i>covered</i> balcony which is perfect regardless of the weather.

I'm partial to Brown Derby at MGM or Canada at Epcot. OR Jiko at Animal Kingdom lodge. I've never eaten in France, though.

DH and I just returned from an anniversary trip to the Swan w/o DSs (20 and 18) - they were good sports to give us this time together. We went to the California Grille for an Anniversary dinner and we were treated royally! The Cali Grille is a favorite of ours and we always make it a point to dine there. But this time it was exceptional - food and service and view from our window table.

We had booked a King room and were upgraded to a Jr. Suite. We loved sitting out on the balcony in the early morning and evenings.

I hope your anniversary trip turns out as special as ours did.

Congrats on your Anniversary. DW and I will celebrate our 20th in February. I would like to convince her to spend it at WDW (she admitted that she loved me - for the first time- there in 1983 while at Epcot). I've still got time! We have visited alone a few times, so I'll share what we like to do when not in the parks:

We love the Belle Vue Room at BWI. It is a quite little lobby bar. Big comfortable chairs inside & big rocking chairs on the balcony outside. Go over late one afternoon and have a glass of wine on the balcony - enjoy each other's company while people watching the Boardwalk.

We also enjoy the Crews Cup Lounge at the YC. It is not as quite as Belle Vue but we like it just the same. Big leather chairs - kind of a cozy little place if happens to be raining outside - nice place to spend a little time.

For night entertainment - we're probably close in age - go into Atlantic Dance Club & get retro with a little disco music. We have been on some nights when there is no crowd & others when it has been packed. We never stay too long, but it is always a hoot listening to that music. And who knows, ther may even be a "Johnny Revolta" (I mean Johnny Travolta) wannabee in there.

Another night entertainment option is in The Dolphin. The Karoke Bar is also a hoot. We never sing ourselves but my goodeness how we enjoy those that do. There is usually a convention there & you know these business people, how they do like "letting there hair down" while away on business.

For food - our favorite is The Yachtsman Steakhouse (at YC). We have been eating there for over 10 years. I have never had a bad meal there and usually it is delicious. The service is good, usually it is outstanding. The California Grill (at Contemporary) is also very good. The food is excellent & the view is the BEST! Go at fireworks time.

In the parks - we like Peter Pan's Flight at MK. I am usually allowed to sneak a kiss or two. When my kids were younger they knew that it was Dad's favorite ride & they still know we have to ride. At MGM- we like eating at Mama Melrose. Something about the atmosphere there and the food is very good. Of course you can always eat in the backseat at Sci-Fi. At Epcot- "El Tiempo del Rio" another palce to steal akiss or two. Have a cervaza and appetizer (or lunch) at The San Angel Inn - very romantic.

Oh, and don't forget to enjoy your resort (wink, wink).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter