Going to HHI..YAY!!!!!

Jonell

DIS Veteran
Just booked my first trip to HHI in a 1 Br villa for June 2014 :cool1:. We plan on only eating out once a day, so I'll be doing some cooking while there. What type of grocery stores are nearby? Also, can I get a recommendation on a clean, reasonably price, nearby hotel for our first night there? Maybe something less than $100 per night. What are some must do's for nearby attractions? Thanks

Just booked my first trip to HHI in a 1 Br villa for June 2014 :cool1:. We plan on only eating out once a day, so I'll be doing some cooking while there. What type of grocery stores are nearby? Also, can I get a recommendation on a clean, reasonably price, nearby hotel for our first night there? Maybe something less than $100 per night. What are some must do's for nearby attractions? Thanks

Lucky you! We're at HHI now, and wish desperately that we were coming back in June. As far as Grocery stores, the new Kroger in the Shelter Mall should be open long before then, it's already getting good talk about prices and it's super close. We went to Harris Teeter near Sea Pines Circle. It's nice, but not the cheapest. Today it's less than 40 degrees here, so I can't help with places to go-we're not leaving our villa! But don't miss meeting Shadow, the resident dog.

You can probably get lots of help from this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989534

If you haven't been to HHI before, try to get there before dark. There's a very restrictive sign code and it's not easy to find your way around at first (it does get easier; it's not very big). There's actually a Wal-Mart not really far away, but you have to drive to find groceries (and most things except the resort shuttle to the beach). There aren't a lot of "attraction" per se, but lovely areas and some historical sites, and different beaches, etc. Savannah makes a nice day trip. If Dye's Gullah Fixin's is still there, it's a good place to try some local food. I think there's a Days Inn on the island, but "cheap" is not an operational word for lodging near the resort. You might need to look mainland, and just have a 30-40 minute drive in the morning of your res.

Yeah a studio right there. :lmao: ;)

Have a wonderful time. I just love it there. I swear there's magic in the trees. :goodvibes

You can probably get lots of help from this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989534

If you haven't been to HHI before, try to get there before dark. There's a very restrictive sign code and it's not easy to find your way around at first (it does get easier; it's not very big).

Aww, cmon! The lack of signage is part of the fun. ;)Think of it as a giant "Where's Waldo" game. We've been to Kenny B's twice. Both times we've tried to follow the directions in the restaurant guide and couldn't find it. Eventually we've given up and just driven around and both times we've found it. But it's a good thing we didn't start out starving-it took several minutes.

We always go to the Publix at Indigo Run. It is a 5-10 minute drive from the resort and they have both a great selection and great prices. There is a WalMart in that plaza as well, which has come in handy for things we have forgotten to pack.

Have a great trip! HH is one of our favorites!

There is a Fresh Market down the street (heading towards Sea Pines) - we found that to have the freshest fruits and vegies - it's similar to a Whole Foods - only a little cheaper.

Have a great time. Last time we went we ate at One Hot Mama's - excellent - go early - very long wait times.

Janis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter