Going to see Ed Sheeran in concert

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I didn't even know that tickets for a performance in San Francisco were on sale until yesterday (they went on sale Friday) and by that time only singles were left. So I got a couple of singles (had to order twice meaning $4 more) somewhat close to each other. The show is going to be on August 21 at AT&T Park in San Francisco. I've been there for baseball games and other events, so I realize it's pretty cozy even though I'll be in the upper deck. It was also somewhat of a pain in that the only option I had was for mobile tickets. I downloaded the TicketMaster app on my iOS devices and took a screenshot of the app with the QR codes just in case internet access is iffy while I'm there.

I remember there was talk that he wasn't going to make a San Francisco Bay Area appearance. They were in talks for Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, but the big issue they have is on weekdays they have a 10 PM curfew. U2 went over that curfew and the organizers got fined. There are residential neighborhoods within earshot of the stadium, and neighbors complain about noise and people walking through their neighborhoods. Coldplay asked for a curfew extension from the city and was denied.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/19/u2-played-too-long-bay-areas-proud-curfew-busting-history/
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08...tension-for-coldplay-and-discuss-49ers-audit/
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/22/49ers-ed-sheeran-dropped-levis-stadium-stop-over-curfew/

My daughter and her boyfriend saw Ed Sheeran last year. They enjoyed him however he just sits and plays his guitar on stage, singing one song after another, alone. There's a little banter, not much, and no dancing or fluff in the background. They are used to bigger and flashier productions. They said it wasn't bad, just different.

We're seeing him August 18 in Pasadena. The whole family is going. My 9 y/o just loves him. I can't wait!

That said, I don't get how people can complain DL tickets are too expensive when I just shelled out more to see him on stage for a couple hours from the nosebleed section than it would cost for us to spend the day in DL.

At the show now. The opening act is Anne-Marie, although I’m not sure who she is.

I recognized a couple of her songs, but shes one of my kids favorite singers. Snow Patrol was good. Ed was AWESOME! He seems so down to earth. Only person on the stage and he did an amazing job. Enjoy :)

Stop over analyzing. Realize you have an amazing opportunity and just enjoy it.

Snow Patrol now. Still not sure who they are, but they’re cracking Irish jokes.

I will never understand anyone texting for fun at a public event. Sure, if you forgot to tell the babysitter that Junior is allergic to shellfish, but just to shoot the breeze? Nope.

At the show now. The opening act is Anne-Marie, although I’m not sure who she is.

Enjoy the show! Should be a good one. We went to his last two in Indy and had a great time. No, he's not flashy, doesn't dance around much, however, he doesn't just sit and play. Those boxes onstage in front of him is how he controls the music (except his guitar). There are pedals in them that he uses his feet to play the background instrumentals, so he can't sit unless all he uses for the song is his guitar. You will also notice that between songs, the guitars are switched out. He beats the crap out of them during the show!

We were really bummed that he didn't come to Lucas Oil on this stadium tour. DS and I considered St Louis but it was an open stadium and I think the date is sometime in October- could be cold, could be rainy or both, so nah. We also thought about Detroit, but decided against it.

Yes, he is a little different. What I've seen of him in interviews, he seems really down to earth. Like the boy next door. His music is good. Not a flashy show. Just straight forward I'm gonna play my music for you hope you enjoy it type of show.

Again, enjoy! If you are an Ed fan, you won't be disappointed!

I will never understand anyone texting for fun at a public event. Sure, if you forgot to tell the babysitter that Junior is allergic to shellfish, but just to shoot the breeze? Nope.

To each their own...

To each their own...

I wasn't really doing anything while Ed Sheeran was actually performing other than watching. The crowd was kind of sparse during the two opening acts . We probably could have arrived at 9 PM and not really missed much. However, there were obviously people all over the stadium who were sending various messages and photos during the main performance.

I didn't really look up what the typical shows were like - especially how long the opening acts would take. What he did layering live recorded sound with the loop pedal worked out pretty well.

He did have fun with the crowd. I think his best line of the night was before Thinking Out Loud.

We're going to get to the sing alongs now. This next song I'm going to play.....if you don't know the words to this song you are at the wrong concert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter