~~ Going to US/IOA July 4th-6th ~~ Few questions

Nimrod.sixty9

Universal 11/22 11/23
Me, the GF and my roomy all plan to go for the fireworks... But I thought "hey, Ive never even seen fireworks there". So my next thought was I should ask if they even have fireworks. We have had year passes for almost 2 years now and have been other countless times and have never seen any, ever. So do they at least do something on the 4th? If so, how bad is the crowd usually?
And...
How have the crowds been lately with that WWoHP still fresh in everyones head? Im not worried about that area per say. I really just want to enjoy the rest of the park and US without it being totally crowded. We're kind of used to waiting no longer than 30min for any ride... Staying onsite has kind of spoiled us too... :thumbsup2

Still contemplating on site...

TIA!

You will see VERY high crowd levels all this weekend as well as very hot temps...but you live in FL so you should be used to it. ;)

Fireworks will start on July 4th and will be presented nightly until August 8th.

Yeah temps wont bother me, I plan to be hammered :D

You say 'weekend', so how about the 5th and 6th (Monday and Tuesday)?

Sweet fireworks everynight! Where do we go to see them and do you know what time they start?

Thanks for the help!

Still wondering if we should consider Disney :confused3
I just dont know if you can drink in thier parks, and I gotta have my drinks :D

Yeah temps wont bother me, I plan to be hammered :D

You say 'weekend', so how about the 5th and 6th (Monday and Tuesday)?

Sweet fireworks everynight! Where do we go to see them and do you know what time they start?

Thanks for the help!

Still wondering if we should consider Disney :confused3
I just dont know if you can drink in thier parks, and I gotta have my drinks :D
By weekend I mean Friday-Sunday...Monday and Tuesday should be back to "normal." In the past...the fireworks have been in the lagoon at the Studios at 10pm which is when the Universal Cinesphere 360 show is presented as well. There will be information the day you go as to where and when.

If you decide on Disney...stay away from the MK. I went there once a few years ago and all I can say is...never again! There are WAY to many people on July 4th and you can't drink. Epcot would be a better choice but it will still be packed!

Id love to see that Cenisphere in action, never seen them do anything other than being a perch for birds LOL. :laughing:

I noticed the park hours are till 10pm for IOA and 9pm for US. Im guessing they are doing it a little early or after the park closes.

So theres realy that much of a difference between weekends and weekdays? I looked at the current times and they seem great for everything, but its also raining... Budget really doesnt allow for onsite, but do you think we should? We 'were' used to waiting a decent amount of time to not waiting at all. If we go to waiting longer times than we initially had, then I think it would ruin our time there... Sorry about all that, just a little worried here.

No drinking at any Disney parks? WOW! Are the fireworks only at MK or at Epcot as well?

So theres realy that much of a difference between weekends and weekdays? I looked at the current times and they seem great for everything, but its also raining... Budget really doesnt allow for onsite, but do you think we should? We 'were' used to waiting a decent amount of time to not waiting at all. If we go to waiting longer times than we initially had, then I think it would ruin our time there... Sorry about all that, just a little worried here.

No drinking at any Disney parks? WOW! Are the fireworks only at MK or at Epcot as well?
You can drink at the Disney parks...just not at the MK.

If you can swing it to stay onsite...go for it. You would receive unlimited Express access and you could do more attractions instead of standing in lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter