Going to VB - Sad News posts 6 & 7 - My Mom

JimC

DVC Co-Moderator
Will be gone Sunday to Friday with no computer :cool1:

Have a great trip Jim.

See you later in the month when we get there.

Thanks all. VB was lovely but the vacation less so. Nancy was in a lot of pain so we got her a treatment for that (luckily we only had to go as far as Sebastian to do so). My Mom is very ill. On Wednesday afternoon I brought my Mom back to Orlando to be admitted to the hospital. They did a procedure Thursday morning to remove fluid from around the heart and install a drain to continue to relieve the fluid pressure. She has been in ICU ever since. This morning they did a procedure to remove fluid in the lining of the lung. She continues to weaken.

Sunday I was with my Mom all day. Nancy came and went as she needed to rest to keep her pain levels down. My Mom was having difficulty breathing - the quality not good and laboring at it. But we made the best of the day. I called her to say goodnight that evening. We were called to the hospital at 11:47 pm Sunday evening. My Mom had been awake and talking with her nurse at 11:00 pm. When checking back later she was found unresponsive. We rushed to the hospital where we remained all night. My Mom passed away in comfort and no pain a little after 7:00 am this morning. She was just one month shy of her 81st birthday.

My Mom had the remarkable ability to easily make friends wherever she was. She was a classy lady in every sense of those words. She was very devoted to the West Chester Friends School in West Chester PA where our daughters attended, Guiding Eyes in Yorktown Heights NY where our youngest daughter has gotten her two guide dogs, and RSDSA - an association fighting RSD - the terrible illness that my wife has. We are requesting donations to any of these organizations in lieu of flowers.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jim. It sounds like your mom was a very special lady who will be missed very much by everyone who knew her.

I am so sorry to read this Jim. Your Mom was a delightful woman.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim, so sorry to hear about your Mother. We only met her a couple of times but she seemed so nice.

Our prayers go to you and Nancy over your loss.

Bill

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you all very much. This is an especially difficult time and I needed to reach out. I did not know where to post so I put it here.

This morning we went to the crematorium and made all of the final arrangements. My wife, Nancy, has done so much. She has reached out to all family and friends, including my Mom's extensive address book (my Mom's little beige book that contains a lifetime of relationships -- all hand written) and supporting me while at the same time dealing with a pain exacerbation brought on by all of the recent events.

My deepest sympathies Jim on the loss of your beloved mom. And also, prayers to your Nancy who is suffering too. Hugs..

Jim - I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!