Going with Newbies

that-disney-girl

Jedi Knight
Hey DisBoard people,
I've been to Disneyland many, many times in my life, but we might be going with my best friend, who's never been. I want to make the experience as special as possible for her: any tips or advice?
Thanks! :mickeyjum:darth::mickeyjum

The last time we went to Disney, we took my daughter's best friend who has never been there before. For starters, it will be very special just because it's their first time. My daughter is not fond of, It's A Small World ride, but it is iconic Disney, so we went on it. Those are the things you have to remember. Even though you may not like it, if it's iconic Disney, do it for your guest.

If she's a newbie, than I'd try to make sure you visit the park doing her "style" of things. Is she a planner or a "wing it" person? Night owl or morning person? Energetic or low key? Follow that path. If she's a wing it person and you try to plan every moment of the day, it may sour the experience and vice versa. I'd also say be a good guide, give suggestions and answer questions she has, but also let her soak it in for herself. It would also be a give and take type thing for me...I'd encourage her to explore some and do what she wanted to do as we were walking around, but also I'd have some "Trust me on this, let's do x, y or z" too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter