Gold Castaway Members Select Embarkation Time?

Corfam

Cruiseketeer
Back last May, when Disney last announced updates to Castaway Club benefits, there was mention that
"Gold members can select their preferred embarkation time upon completion of eDocuments."

I'm referring to Disney May 2017 Castaway Club Benefits publication per link. Look under "At-Home Benefits, Early Access to Select Ship Boarding Time" section.

I've never heard of anyone on disboards doing this. Maybe I have missed it, but I've searched for the information as well. I certainly know about Platinum boarding first for many years, but I'm wondering whether Gold was actually ever given the benefit to select an embarkation time...or whether this part of the new policy was cancelled or never implemented.

Has any Gold member out there selected an embarkation time? If so, can you explain how the process works?

Thanks.

I interpret that to mean the Port Arrival Time. It's poor wording on DCL's part. To my knowledge, nobody selects an "embarkation time."

Enjoy your cruise!

I interpret that to mean the Port Arrival Time. It's poor wording on DCL's part. To my knowledge, nobody selects an "embarkation time."

Enjoy your cruise!

Well, that's what I would have thought as well but if you look at the published benefit document here it shows benefit as applying only to Gold and Platinum.

Since you haven't heard of this either, I'll assume the wording was bad or benefit never implemented. Thanks for the response.

It sounds to me like they mean that since Gold can check in earlier than others that need to have a PAT, they will be the first to choose their PATs. Since conceirge and platinum don't have to choose PATs, gold is getting first priority of the PATs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter