Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question I don't want to call GMS back a third time and sound like a crazy asking so many questions. BOB said when we booked the reservation that they give you 4 free rain poncho's with any mobility scooter rental. We rented 2 mobility scooters . So I'm automaticly assuming it comes with 8 rain poncho's. Are the poncho's one size fits all? We have two smaller children in the group. For those of you with experience renting from GMS do you believe they will fit small kids also? I'm thinking I might need to buy two smaller ones for the kids. The rain poncho's were so expensive to buy in the park last time, and want to acquire them ahead of time if I need to. It rains like everyday in rainy season, and we don't want to be unprepared. Our WDW trip starts next Wednesday!

Are the poncho's one size fits all? We have two smaller children in the group. For those of you with experience renting from GMS do you believe they will fit small kids also?
I'm betting they are the big ponchos - the ones that come with the BV scooters are large - I've used them just to cover the scooter! I really like getting from amazon.com some of the disposable plastic ponchos that are folded up into tiny pouches and keeping those handy too. They're so much easier to carry than the big ones - but if it's super rainy I've had to buy the plastic type that Disney sells that are tougher to rip. Hope you have a great trip!

I'm betting they are the big ponchos - the ones that come with the BV scooters are large - I've used them just to cover the scooter! I really like getting from amazon.com some of the disposable plastic ponchos that are folded up into tiny pouches and keeping those handy too. They're so much easier to carry than the big ones - but if it's super rainy I've had to buy the plastic type that Disney sells that are tougher to rip. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks I'll order some kids sized rain poncho's from Amazon Prime just in case! They were only a few dollars and 2 day free shipping! Good idea on the disposable quick ones! Thanks

Expecting delivery on Friday once we arrive at the hotel! I've rented the Pride Victory 10 3 wheel scooter. Does anyone know if this scooter has a USB port for cell phone charting?

Expecting delivery on Friday once we arrive at the hotel! I've rented the Pride Victory 10 3 wheel scooter. Does anyone know if this scooter has a USB port for cell phone charting?
Their brochure states that the Victory 10 has the charger and the cell phone carrier.

Yes. We have 2 being delivered on this Wednesday from Gold Mobility Scooters. Looking at my notes from the last call, Bob in customer service said the Victory 10 mobility scooter they rent are all specially upgraded with the extra features. They automaticly come with the UBS port for charging cellphones and tablets, a holder for a cellphone phone, a beverage holder attachment, the larger all day battery, the captains chair upgraded seat, and some additional lighting underneath. I picked a basket as the additional free accessory for one, and the sun canopy for the other one. After some clarification from the other day each scooter also comes with four rain poncho's. The rain poncho's are one size fits all so if you need some for small kids I suggest Walmart or Amazon if you have prime. Much cheaper than in the theme parks. Enjoy your trip!

Quick reminder about the phone holders.....I loved using this feature BUT be aware that if you have your phone in the holder & go over a rough or cobblestone surface your phone may slip out, mine did. I was going over the cobblestones near the Hall of Presidents in MK & boom went my phone & crack went my screen.

Quick reminder about the phone holders.....I loved using this feature BUT be aware that if you have your phone in the holder & go over a rough or cobblestone surface your phone may slip out, mine did. I was going over the cobblestones near the Hall of Presidents in MK & boom went my phone & crack went my screen.

Additionally, remember that the power to keep your phone(s) and any other devices you plug in charged up has to come from *somewhere* - and that "somewhere" in this case is the battery that powers the ECV.

So, you are *potentially* draining the ECV battery faster... Now, obviously, it depends on how many devices you plug in, and what each devices' potential "draw" from the ECV battery is... but an iPad Pro, and an iPhone 8+ alone can pull a significant amount of juice to fully recharge. If you are at all concerned about your ECV battery lasting all day long, then you *might* want to consider using an external battery pack.

FuelRods are sold/exchanged all over WDW - in each Park, at Disney Springs, and at the Resorts now too. BUT, you can purchase your FuelRods before you leave home for $20 each (US) from the company's website. That's a lower price than at some airports ($25) and last I checked, it's cheaper than buying them at WDW as well. Once you buy a FuelRod, you can exchange it an unlimited number of times at any FuelRod kiosk for a fully charged FuelRod. You can also recharge it yourself if you want to. We still have our original FuelRods, because we just recharge them every night at the hotel room, but it's nice to know if we ever needed to, we could swap them out and keep on going.

Just wanted to add on to this... The cell phone holder has two small "arms" at the bottom that can be turned out so that your phone can rest on them. Also, make sure that squeeze the side clamps as close as you can until your hear some clicks. To test if the phone is snug in the holder, just try to pull it out from the top. If it moves, squeeze to get an extra click. Here is a picture of a holder that has the same features as the one on the scooter. It is attached to an adjustable arm that can act like a spring when going over those cobblestones. If you keep your speed low, it'll reduce the vibrations and the bouncing of the holder.

m000508165_sc7

I can't see using the cell phone holder. I'm already dodging too many people walking and looking at their cell phones. I can't imagine if they have to start dodging me. Seems like a recipe for an accident.

Seriously seriously considering trying Gold Mobility for my September trip with Mom. We usually rent from Randy's and gotten great service, but the price here is better and the service seems outstanding! Decisions, decisions... More reviews would be great!

We received our delivery confirmation text message, and then I called them for a quick question about the battery. We were assigned Bob as our delivery concierge. I asked about battery life, and Bob said with the new Victory 10 scooters extended power battery my parents could use the scooter for 12 hours with the lights on, the fan running, and charging a phone or tablet non stop, and thats based loading the scooter to the maximum 400 LBS also. He claims we will still have a good battery at the end of every day. Hopefully we will prove that over the next 14 days. lol

Thanks everyone for answering all my questions, and for all the wonderful advise! So far the Gold mobility people are great. I'll let everyone know how my experience with our scooter rental went after our trip is over on the 14th. Headed to Fort Wilderness in the morning for the first half of our trip!

We received our delivery confirmation text message, and then I called them for a quick question about the battery. We were assigned Bob as our delivery concierge. I asked about battery life, and Bob said with the new Victory 10 scooters extended power battery my parents could use the scooter for 12 hours with the lights on, the fan running, and charging a phone or tablet non stop, and thats based loading the scooter to the maximum 400 LBS also. He claims we will still have a good battery at the end of every day. Hopefully we will prove that over the next 14 days.
Wow! Well we can both determine the accuracy of this soon! I'll be at Universal on Sat/Sun and Disney the remainder of the week. This not only means testing the battery but testing how easy it is to take this apart / reassemble because we rented a car for our universal portion of vacation....

Would someone with an upcoming reservation mind posting a photo of the hand controls (the "tiller")? I always rent from BV scooters because their hand controls are best for the carpal tunnel I have. I'm just wondering how these scooters operate. I know folks have described it but I cannot tell if they are like the BV scooters or exactly how they work. I have an upcoming trip in a couple of weeks and I'm on the fence about renting from here just because of that. Thanks! :)

...I wanted to follow up to say I decided to call them and the person confirmed that their hand controls are the same as the BV scooters. The price includes the damage waiver (which I always purchase with BV) - the price cannot be beat for all of the features. I'm there slightly over 7 days so they charge $10 more per extra day past 7 days - FYI. I don't know what free accessory I want - may add one later. Having the ability to charge my cell phone right on the scooter is a huge plus - can't wait to try them out!

Last edited:
Just wanted to add on to this... The cell phone holder has two small "arms" at the bottom that can be turned out so that your phone can rest on them. Also, make sure that squeeze the side clamps as close as you can until your hear some clicks. To test if the phone is snug in the holder, just try to pull it out from the top. If it moves, squeeze to get an extra click. Here is a picture of a holder that has the same features as the one on the scooter. It is attached to an adjustable arm that can act like a spring when going over those cobblestones. If you keep your speed low, it'll reduce the vibrations and the bouncing of the holder.

m000508165_sc7

I totally agree! Make sure your phone is in the holder securely. I probably didn't but I just wanted people to be aware of the possibility. I never had a problem until I went onto the cobblestones. Also, the holder is a very convenient place to keep your phone so you can have it charging & to keep track of your FP or to take pictures. Having to dig it out of my pocket or bag every time I needed it was a bother.

Additionally, remember that the power to keep your phone(s) and any other devices you plug in charged up has to come from *somewhere* - and that "somewhere" in this case is the battery that powers the ECV.

So, you are *potentially* draining the ECV battery faster... Now, obviously, it depends on how many devices you plug in, and what each devices' potential "draw" from the ECV battery is... but an iPad Pro, and an iPhone 8+ alone can pull a significant amount of juice to fully recharge. If you are at all concerned about your ECV battery lasting all day long, then you *might* want to consider using an external battery pack.

FuelRods are sold/exchanged all over WDW - in each Park, at Disney Springs, and at the Resorts now too. BUT, you can purchase your FuelRods before you leave home for $20 each (US) from the company's website. That's a lower price than at some airports ($25) and last I checked, it's cheaper than buying them at WDW as well. Once you buy a FuelRod, you can exchange it an unlimited number of times at any FuelRod kiosk for a fully charged FuelRod. You can also recharge it yourself if you want to. We still have our original FuelRods, because we just recharge them every night at the hotel room, but it's nice to know if we ever needed to, we could swap them out and keep on going.

I've been wondering about the FuelRods! I have one & didn't know that was what they were called!! Can it be any fuel rod that you exchange or only a certain brand?

About the scooter battery, back in May when I rented from GMS I used the charger on my scooter, in fact I just kept mine, my husbands or my daughters plugged in pretty much all day. Only one day, at Animal Kingdom, did my charger go below the first line & NEVER close to empty. We were at AK at 7:00 that morning until about midnight. I have yet to hear that anyone ran down a battery on a GMS scooter. It could happen, but I haven't heard about it yet. It's a VERY convenient feature!

I've been wondering about the FuelRods! I have one & didn't know that was what they were called!! Can it be any fuel rod that you exchange or only a certain brand?

FuelRods are a specific brand of reusable/rechargable external battery charger: https://www.fuel-rod.com/ . Unless you have that specific brand, you don't have a FuelRod.

Disney has FuelRod stations where you can purchase or exchange that specific brand.

SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!