Gold mobility scooters

Momofone92

Mouseketeer
I have rented before from walker and half the time they didn’t work so I switched to scooterbug and the last three times the battery has lasted an hour. From a rec here I tried gold mobility. Love it. It’s the Cadillac of scooters. It came with free fan, cup holder, and phone holder and it’s super comfy. Great communication too.

Hm... do they deliver to the hotels?

Yes, they deliver to the Disney Resort Hotels. You will need to meet them for drop off and pick up. They deliver "off site" and to the Resorts at Uni as well.

Contact them directly with any questions about their policies. :)

I also rented with walker in the past. Their ECV's kept getting worse and worse each year. They are in desperate need of new models. So, I decided to try Gold this year.

I also rented with walker in the past. Their ECV's kept getting worse and worse each year. They are in desperate need of new models. So, I decided to try Gold this year.
According to Nick and Vick at GMS they replace their fleet every six months and scooters are refurbed after each use.

According to Nick and Vick at GMS they replace their fleet every six months and scooters are refurbed after each use.
Yeah, but compared to the other scooters that the other companies have, theirs look completely run down. I hope I’m wrong.

Another thing, why ain’t they one of the recognized rental companies?

Last edited:

I used to rent from Walker also, but the last time I called to rent I had a bizarre experience (at least I thought). When I called the person who answered the phone said "Hello. May I call you back?", took my name and phone #, then two hours later someone else called back and had no idea why I'd called. Good thing I wasn't stuck in the parks! Glad to hear such rave reviews of GMS-they're who I'm renting from in 2 weeks.

Yeah, but compared to the other scooters that the other companies have, theirs look completely run down. I hope I’m wrong.

I saw hundreds of scooters from every possible rental company last week and only a handful of them were even close to the condition of the GMS scooter that I had.
The GMS scooters are all no more than six months old and are sold to customers or other business's after their six month life in the GMS stable.
The one I got last week was brand new and my posterior was the first renter's to grace it's seat.
When I told Nick that I brushed up against a curb at MK he said to not worry about it as all of their scooters are refurbed before the next renter takes possession.
Because they didn't pay to go through the process.
Exactly......
The "approval" status requires that the scooter company pay a "fee" to Disney for using the Disney Approved moniker.
GMS keeps their pricing down because they don't have to pay Disney a fee plus they don't advertise.
Word of mouth is their best advertising.
Nick said that they are ordering new vehicles every week to keep up with the demand.

I think you might have them mistaken with another company. We rented 2 Victory scooters from Gold Mobility Scooters for 2 weeks and they were like new. We had seen tons of GMS scooters in the parks and every one we saw also looked like brand new... nothing like some of the others we saw. During our stay we were stopped dozens of times asking where we rented our scooters from. Most of the people asked were riding scooters they rented from other companies. We felt our scooters from GMS where the nicest rentals in the parks by far. We wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I used to rent from Walker also, but the last time I called to rent I had a bizarre experience (at least I thought). When I called the person who answered the phone said "Hello. May I call you back?", took my name and phone #, then two hours later someone else called back and had no idea why I'd called. Good thing I wasn't stuck in the parks! Glad to hear such rave reviews of GMS-they're who I'm renting from in 2 weeks.

I also heard that you can be waiting up to an hour with Walker.

I also heard that you can be waiting up to an hour with Walker.
I was waiting for nearly an hour and a half last year for Walker. I called them three times to find out where their driver was. I had a flight to catch and was nearly later for the ME.

• Exactly......
    [*]The "approval" status requires that the scooter company pay a "fee" to Disney for using the Disney Approved moniker.
    GMS keeps their pricing down because they don't have to pay Disney a fee plus they don't advertise.
    Word of mouth is their best advertising.
    Nick said that they are ordering new vehicles every week to keep up with the demand.
    Disney started the ‘Featured Provider’ in November of 2012; with an application process.
    The companies that were listed at that point as Featured Providers have not changed (except for CARE was removed from the list because the original owners retired and sold their business).
    As far as I know, there has not been another application period since the initial one.
    This was the original information I got about the process:
    • Disney is trying to limit their liability for leased property on their property.
    • Disney used a 3rd party company to collect information about companies that do rental business on Disney property.
    • Application packets were sent to a number of primarily ECV rental companies.
    • The approval process included business verification, insurance verification, and equipment inspection.
    • I have also heard that Disney had 2 other goals - one was to limit the speed of the scooters and the other was to limit the size (to make sure they fit on buses and in queues).
      I have heard that the Featured Vendors also agreed that a certain percentage of their scooters would meet the speed and size guidelines.
    • Some chose not to apply (Randy's always delivered and picked up in person, for example, and was not interested in being able to drop off)
    • Contrary to 'popular opinion', the Featured Providers don't pay a fee to Disney (from my contact with many of the companies and with Disney Disability Service). I have no reason to believe that changed.

There were a lot of advantages to Disney to only allow certain companies to use Bell Services.
  • Limit the number of companies from a huge number to 5 (Prior to this, I had seen as many as 20 different companies’ equipment at OKW)
  • Storage - At times before the Featured Providers began, ECVs for pick up atbOKW filled the Bell Services area, a porch seating area and some in Papa’s Den (an indoor lobby/seating area).
  • Pick up/drop off - the Featured companies agreed to time amounts for storage
  • Insurance (mentioned above) - prior to this, companies were trying to get Disney to pay for ‘lost’ or damaged ECVs left at Bell Services.

Storage - At times before the Featured Providers began, ECVs for pick up atbOKW filled the Bell Services area, a porch seating area and some in Papa’s Den (an indoor lobby/seating area).
Ah. That explains the dozen or so assorted ECVs I saw off the lobby on one trip!

Distinct from that, thank you for the information about the application process. I will stop mentioning any type of payment, but still point out Featured vs. any other term used :D

You seem to have that backwards, GMS are ALL like brand new, that's how I noticed it in the park to look them up and subsequently rent last week for 10 days. I've previously rented from Apple and BP and 'notice' the other scooters in the parks and THOSE are the ratty used looking scooters. In fact, if you see a preferred vendor scooter that looks new, it was probably bought from GMS as they sell off their scooters that reach 6 months old.
The only thing 'preferred' means is that those scooter companies pay Disney to let them leave their scooters at the baggage counter. In other words, they lack the customer service to provide a scooter directly to you forcing you to make the long walk to the baggage area to pick up and drop off each trip.
So, for the same price, GMS offers personal service, a Captain's chair (without asking), fan, cell phone mount and charging port, cup holder, unmatched reliability and customer service, and a free major accessory (awning or Oxygen mount or cane mount or back basket) if you wish.

You seem to have that backwards, GMS are ALL like brand new, that's how I noticed it in the park to look them up and subsequently rent last week for 10 days. I've previously rented from Apple and BP and 'notice' the other scooters in the parks and THOSE are the ratty used looking scooters. In fact, if you see a preferred vendor scooter that looks new, it was probably bought from GMS as they sell off their scooters that reach 6 months old.
The only thing 'preferred' means is that those scooter companies pay Disney to let them leave their scooters at the baggage counter. In other words, they lack the customer service to provide a scooter directly to you forcing you to make the long walk to the baggage area to pick up and drop off each trip.
So, for the same price, GMS offers personal service, a Captain's chair (without asking), fan, cell phone mount and charging port, cup holder, unmatched reliability and customer service, and a free major accessory (awning or Oxygen mount or cane mount or back basket) if you wish.
I was talking about Walker’s scooters. GMS scooters look waaaay nicer. And they’re very responsive on their facebook page.

I was talking about Walker’s scooters. GMS scooters look waaaay nicer. And they’re very responsive on their facebook page.
They are very responsive. I also called to ask them some questions and they took the time to answer them all. Nick told me that no matter what time my flight gets in, they will be there at my resort. This is especially nice since my airline keeps changing the time of my flight. LOL!! He told me to call the moment I get on the ME and they will be there to meet me.

That's what I call awesome service.

I'm not sure about the payment stuff, that's what I've been told. And if Disney didn't require a payment to be a preferred provider, and simply chose 5 or so scooter providers, then I could see all the other providers having a case against Disney for prejudice against them.
Nevertheless, the only difference is walking to/from the luggage area to pick up your scooter versus having it delivered to you personally at your car or your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter