Gold & Platinum Discounts?

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
I see on DCL's website that there are discounts for Gold and Platinum members, but I don't remember seeing anyone on here mention it. What is the discount on? Is there a discount? I am only at silver, but we are inching our way to Gold! :fish:

Their website says:
Gold and Platinum Discounts
Special discounts created just for Gold and Platinum Castaway Club members on your voyage**.

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the discounts are on merchandise only and only on board, not on CC. I want to say the discount is 10 percent for gold? I'm fairly new Platinum and made no purchases on my first Platinum sailing, so not sure if there's a higher discount level.

They are discounts off of merchandise in the shops.

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the discounts are on merchandise only and only on board, not on CC. I want to say the discount is 10 percent for gold? I'm fairly new Platinum and made no purchases on my first Platinum sailing, so not sure if there's a higher discount level.

Oh, no wonder no one was talking about it! LOL I was hoping for a cruise discount! But, I guess a discount is a discount! :teacher:

You can get a similar discount onboard for some merchandise if you have a Disney Visa and have that card as your payment on file for the cruise.

That is correct. 10% on merchandise in the shops on board but not at CC. ETA Platinum and Gold get the same discount.

You can get a similar discount onboard for some merchandise if you have a Disney Visa and have that card as your payment on file for the cruise.

The only difference is to get the discount with the Disney Visa you have to spend at least $50. The discount for gold/platinum is off of any purchase.

Platinum guests do get a free dining experience in Palo. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you call a discount, but it would save you $30 per person in your party.

I just looked into this card yesterday. I'm considering it, but we have our Southwest card and try to earn everything on that one because of all the benefits!

The only difference is to get the discount with the Disney Visa you have to spend at least $50.

DVC members are also entitled to this same discount.

There are additional conditions in that $50 minimum spend for Disney Visa/DVC members too - it is only applicable on items being sold at RRP. Anything discounted/on clearance is not included.

I might be in the minority here...but Tiffany's does nothing for me. lol If they had something DCL exclusive at Tiffany's I might consider it but it just does not knock my socks off. :
I’m with you. I can’t bring myself to pay that much for silver. I think there is one thing that is unique to DCL but it isn’t much different from their other designed.

Remember, there's now a Tiffany's store on the Fantasy.... just saying. ;)

I know! Crazy huh? I'm betting THEY don't give the discount..... I'll be surprised if they do.

I might be in the minority here...but Tiffany's does nothing for me. lol If they had something DCL exclusive at Tiffany's I might consider it but it just does not knock my socks off. :

Isn't that funny? I feel exactly the same! But they sure do have those pretty robin's egg blue bags and boxes, yes? :love: Wonder if they will sell me a little gift bag? :joker:

Tiffany's is fine I guess, but I find them GROSSLY overpriced. I prefer to patronize fine local jewelers as I can often bargain a bit due to the massive markup on jewelry. And I trust a local jeweler I know more too. But that's just me.... no doubt lots of folks are tickled to see them onboard the Fantasy.

I really miss when the ship's gift shops had some high end non-Disney merchandise, both clothing and jewelry. I have a beautiful Lagos ring and bracelet I got on the Magic waaaaaay back when.

What if you have Disney Visa on file but also have Onboard Credits and Disney Reward Credits..... how do they determine if get discount or is it best to pay for purchases over $50 using the card?

What if you have Disney Visa on file but also have Onboard Credits and Disney Reward Credits..... how do they determine if get discount or is it best to pay for purchases over $50 using the card?

You are eligible for the discount as long as your Disney Visa is the “official” payment method on file. You can also use onboard credits and Disney Reward Cards, as long as any remaining amount is set to be charged to your Visa.

Do they automatically apply this discount? Our next cruise is our first gold and i didn’t know this discount existed until today.

Your Key to the World card will show clearly that you are Gold, so you should get the discount without needing to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter