Gold & Platinum Discounts?

I know! Crazy huh? I'm betting THEY don't give the discount..... I'll be surprised if they do.

And per Scott's blog coming to the Dream.

But yeah...I'm pretty sure there are exclusions for the discount - I know the designer things are usually excluded from any DisneyStore discounts (Vera, Dooney, Alex & Ani, Pandora (the jewelry not the land))

We are going on our first 'Gold' cruise. We are DVC and Visa Chase holders. Is there any discount for Gold that is not already extended to us via those other methods?

Hmmmm, that's a good idea! :idea:

I use mine to pay for the cruises since they will let you finance it for 6 months at zero interest (if you use a travel agent be sure they pay DCL direct with your card so you get the perk). Plus you get the 1% or 2% rewards for a Disney gift card as well depending on which card you have. For me personally it isn't worth $49 a year for the extra 1% since I only put the cruise and on board spending on that card. I use my other card for everything else because they have much better perks.

As for the Gold discount - I have never had to ask, they just apply it.

And per Scott's blog coming to the Dream.

But yeah...I'm pretty sure there are exclusions for the discount - I know the designer things are usually excluded from any DisneyStore discounts (Vera, Dooney, Alex & Ani, Pandora (the jewelry not the land))

I get the discount on Pandora. If I want a piece I check out the gift shop first day on board and if they have it - grab it at the discount. If they don't I know to look on the islands or wait until I get home. You can also get your DVC or Annual pass discount on Pandora if you buy in the parks or one of the hotels.

I know! Crazy huh? I'm betting THEY don't give the discount..... I'll be surprised if they do.

Isn't that funny? I feel exactly the same! But they sure do have those pretty robin's egg blue bags and boxes, yes? :love: Wonder if they will sell me a little gift bag? :joker:

Tiffany's is fine I guess, but I find them GROSSLY overpriced. I prefer to patronize fine local jewelers as I can often bargain a bit due to the massive markup on jewelry. And I trust a local jeweler I know more too. But that's just me.... no doubt lots of folks are tickled to see them onboard the Fantasy.

I really miss when the ship's gift shops had some high end non-Disney merchandise, both clothing and jewelry. I have a beautiful Lagos ring and bracelet I got on the Magic waaaaaay back when.

No discount on Tiffany product at all and the DCL necklace is not that exciting to look at for 325.00 :) I prefer my local jeweler as well.

You also get a discount onboard and at Castaway Cay (at the Disney shops) if you are a passholder, so remember to take your pass with you, even if you won't be anywhere near any of the parks.

Platinum and Gold members can book cruises sooner than the general public when new itineraries are announced. Doing this early can save a lot of money.

You are eligible for the discount as long as your Disney Visa is the “official” payment method on file. You can also use onboard credits and Disney Reward Cards, as long as any remaining amount is set to be charged to your Visa.
i know this is an old thread but does this discount stack? I've been able to hand my disney visa while doing a purchase for the 10% off and keeping my other card on file multiple times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!