• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

golf cart hire

yorkshiregirl

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone

I have been looking through these boards for a week or so and decided to come out of hiding and register. I do have an ulterior motive though, I need help with some questions and you people seem very helpful!

We are a family of 4 with teenagers aged 14 & 16 and are visiting for the 1st time staying at the cabins in Fort Wilderness. We arrive 16th July 02 and are really looking forward to our week in WDW and then onto the Florida keys.

We do not have a car booked for the WDW week of our visit and after reading through your messages and having a husband who is not a great walker especially in the heat I would like advice on whether it is advisable to hire a golf cart and if it is now too late?

Any other advice on things for teenagers to do in F.W. would also be much appreciated.

I also have been reading about people who use Netgrocer to ship groceries to their resort. Is this possible in F.W.

Hope this is not too many questions and looking forward to replies please.

Let me be the first to welcome you to these boards! I hope they prove as useful to you as they have to me!
:wave:
I just reserved a golf cart for my sister who is going down in Oct with her family. There is an internal bus that does through the campground. I, personally, enjoyed the buses, but since she is travelling with her DH, 2 sons and a 4 yr old grandson, they wanted the convenience of just hopping onto the cart whenever they needed to. The rates were $45 and change for each 24 hr period. All you need to do is call the Bike Barn and leave your name. They didn't even ask for a deposit!
I have never used NetGrocer so I really can't be of too much help in that dept. I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.
Have a great time in FW and here on the boards! :p

I use Netgrocer! I love them! I have it delivered a day before we're scheduled to arrive, just to make sure it makes it, and they keep the big box for you at the front desk til you check in.

Reminder - Netgrocer does not deliver perishables - just things like canned goods, crackers, snacks, cereal, juice boxes, candy, etc. So, you won't have to worry about it getting bad during that extra day.

And, I agree about the golf cart. Just call FW now and ask for the bike barn. They will put you on the list!

Welcome to the DIS!!! :D :D :D

Thank you for your replies. We may not bother with the golf cart as it seems a lot of money each day which we could use for other things. Hubby needs to get fit too!
Very keen to try the Netgrocer system though.
We used to own a Conway Miami Trailer Tent until 2 years ago and loved camping around the British Isles. we will look around the campsite in FW to see what it is like.
I'm sure there will be many more questions before we come over in July.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter