golf cart tricks for towing

cmullen

Earning My Ears
just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to fit the golf cart in the bed of the truck & tow the travel trailer.

I know one suggestion is to take the tailgate off but does anyone else have any other tricks?! The golf cart is a little to long to currently close the tailgate.

We have to take our tail gate off. I'd like another solution if there is one.

I have an auxiliary fuel tank thus keeping me from putting cart in truck. Some folks have suggested leaving tailgate down but you are only one mild turn away from torn up jack and tailgate.

just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to fit the golf cart in the bed of the truck & tow the travel trailer.
Giant Shoe Horn???? :lmao:

I know.... I just had to do it though. I don't have my own golf cart so I really don't know what would be involved. I know though, that I can "Re-adjust" the cable holding the Tail gate so that it doesn't open all the way (flat) but rather is tilted half way. Maybe a better alternative. I'd also be concerned though on how far it sticks out when towing the TT.

My carts wheels fit on the bed of the truck but the rear seat and floorboard hung over the back. We would load the cart and then hitch the trailer. Since room was tight with the tailgate down I modified an old tongue jack by welding a nut on the top stem, replacing the handle. I used my cordless impact driver to run the jack up and down. After getting the trailer connected I removed the jack by taking the 3 screws out of the trailer tongue. This way it gave me the clearance I needed to leave the tailgate down. It wasn't as complex as it might sound and we did it several times on trips to Florida. The truck and trailer actually rode better with the cart in the truck and mileage was the same or a little better (windshield folded down)
We found that these days we prefer to bring the bikes and keep the cap on the truck, our dog rides in a crate in the back. I have a pass through boot on my cap that allows me to leave the rear slider open so she can have heat or cooling.

My carts wheels fit on the bed of the truck but the rear seat and floorboard hung over the back. We would load the cart and then hitch the trailer. Since room was tight with the tailgate down I modified an old tongue jack by welding a nut on the top stem, replacing the handle. I used my cordless impact driver to run the jack up and down. After getting the trailer connected I removed the jack by taking the 3 screws out of the trailer tongue. This way it gave me the clearance I needed to leave the tailgate down. It wasn't as complex as it might sound and we did it several times on trips to Florida. The truck and trailer actually rode better with the cart in the truck and mileage was the same or a little better (windshield folded down)
We found that these days we prefer to bring the bikes and keep the cap on the truck, our dog rides in a crate in the back. I have a pass through boot on my cap that allows me to leave the rear slider open so she can have heat or cooling.
If I'm getting this, it would only work with a manual jack not an electric one?

You put your dogs in a create in the bed of your truck. How are they protected from the weather rode noise heat or cold what ever season????

You put your dogs in a create in the bed of your truck. How are they protected from the weather rode noise heat or cold what ever season????
He said he has a bed cap on the truck. Complete protection, and with the rear slider open she has heat/air. Believe me this girl is treated like a princess.

LOL, part of the reason that we stopped bringing the cart is so we could leave the fiberglass cap on and crate our dog. We felt it was safer for her and she doesn't get car sick since we lay a blanket across the crate so she cant see out the sides, only the front and back. The cap has a rubber seal around it so that the window can be left open and both are sealed from the elements. She also has an electric blanket in her crate for cold mornings and her own fan to help the AC from the front. Honestly she has the best seat in the truck, I wish someone else would drive and I could ride back there........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter