• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
Looking for a course for my husband and 19 year old son to golf. They don’t need anything fancy - late December to golf. I see Disney has 3 courses we will be at a Hilton resort near Disney springs. Any suggestions on which one to pick. Cheapest is our first thought.

Looking for a course for my husband and 19 year old son to golf. They don’t need anything fancy - late December to golf. I see Disney has 3 courses we will be at a Hilton resort near Disney springs. Any suggestions on which one to pick. Cheapest is our first thought.
I would suggest looking on Golfnow.com and see what they have available.

There may be some other similar online tools available for tee time deals.

While the Disney courses are fine, I like Orange County National, although it has been a few years since playing there.

I second the recommendation to look on golfnow. There are so many great courses in the area that there is no need to make a tee time more than one day in advance. This way, if the weather is bad they dont have to go or can switch to another day. Prices have been rising quickly in the area, i'd expect to pay a minimum of $60 for any course and around $100 or more if they want to play something decent. Florida is the only place to play that time of year so the prices are sky high.

The oak trail 9 hole course is decent, i played there last month with my son. The disney courses are good enough but you pay a disney premium. Falcons fire near disney is good. Agree Orange county national is meant to be good.

Have a look at Champions Gate at the Omni Hotel Off Hwy 27

Or Highlands Reserve Off Hwy 27
Both between I-4 & Hwy 192

Of the courses on Disney property, Palm is my favorite. You also have Magnolia and Lake Buena Vista. I find Lake Beuna Vista the easiest of the three. They should be roughly the same cost. Oak Trail is the 9 hole executive course if you don't want a full 18 holes.

My current favorite in the area is Grand Cypress: The Links Course. I think it is part of the Evermore resort now, which is right next to Disney property. It was about $80 when I played, but it was in amazing shape. It is a Jack Nicklaus design, where he used UK links courses as inspiration. Hole 1 and 18 are replicas of The Old Course at St. Andrews, so that was really cool.

As others have said, just going on GolfNow would work too. Most of the courses in that area are nice.

The oak trail 9 hole course is decent, i played there last month with my son. The disney courses are good enough but you pay a disney premium. Falcons fire near disney is good. Agree Orange county national is meant to be good.

I played Falcon's Fire on October 13th. It was in terrible shape. The greens were very patchy. I will say that it was like 90 degrees at 8:30am and cart path only which made the round take forever, so that also played into my negative thoughts on the course.

Of the courses on Disney property, Palm is my favorite. You also have Magnolia and Lake Buena Vista. I find Lake Beuna Vista the easiest of the three. They should be roughly the same cost. Oak Trail is the 9 hole executive course if you don't want a full 18 holes.

My current favorite in the area is Grand Cypress: The Links Course. I think it is part of the Evermore resort now, which is right next to Disney property. It was about $80 when I played, but it was in amazing shape. It is a Jack Nicklaus design, where he used UK links courses as inspiration. Hole 1 and 18 are replicas of The Old Course at St. Andrews, so that was really cool.

As others have said, just going on GolfNow would work too. Most of the courses in that area are nice.

A second vote for the Links Course being the best around. It's just so different than everything else. I played there October 11th, 12th and 16th. The course was in great shape and i was the first group out each day (2 days with one other person, the last day solo) and played in 2.5 hours or less each day without rushing at all. Price for an out-of-stater that booked in advance was $125/round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter