golfing at disney??

grover

DIS Veteran
Can you rent golf clubs at any of the courses? I have never golfed and DH and DS are new to it, DH was thinking mabey he would do a round while we are there.
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

Hi Grover,

I remember golfing at Disney in the early 80's with my father. I was only a young teenager then, so I don't remember all the details. :D We rented clubs and bought balls. I also believe that at that time you had to rent a motorized cart. It was expensive, but I still remember that course... I had never played on such a nice course before that or even since. The fairways were better than the greens of most of the courses I play on. Not sure exactly what course it was, but I do know that it was the one that hosts the PGA Tour event as there was a big sign stating that Raymond Floyd had won the previous year.

I would recommend that your DS and DH play a round of golf. Its been 20+ years since I did it with my father and I still have great memories of it... and the rental clubs were better than anything I've every owned :)

Grover here is a great site: www.wdwgolf.com

For info on golf club rental go to "WDW Info" from the menu on the left hand side of the wdwgolf site, then click on "My Comments/FAQ" and scroll down to FAQ 12.

My DH has emailed Marc many times for info on any specials during our trips. He has always been prompt and is very helpful if you have any other question.

Hope this helps! :)

My DH and DS rented clubs-a deposit on a credit card was necessary but refunded when the clubs were returned. They took balls with them-it was a lighter load coming home since they lost all the balls.(hehe) They went after 4 pm and got a twilight rate. Have fun.

Hi,

We just got back last night from a golf vacation at WDW. This was the first time we have golfed there and we were absolutely blown away by how friendly and helpful the people at the golf courses were.

We are DVC members, so were staying at Old Key West for a week. We golfed 4 days - twice at Lake Buena Vista, and once each at Eagle Pines and Palm.

Golf club rentals are available, with I think 3 different prices for the quality of clubs. We brought our own, as the rentals would be quite expensive for more than one day.

We are semi-beginner golfers (about 2 years of golfing), but never felt like we were unwelcome on the courses. The courses were all in great shape.

I can't say enough about the golf course employees. They were outstanding! We are now planning on another golf getaway as soon as possible. I would recommend golfing at WDW to anyone who feels comfortable playing 18 holes. If you hunt around there are some good discounts available too, although if you are only playing once you will probably end up paying the regular rate. Rates do drop after 10am though, so that is probably the best bang for your buck.

Go golfing, you won't regret it!

Hey Grover! The golf dome would be a great place to hit some balls. I am an avid golfer having started late in life (35). I would not go cold turkey onto a course. You would be well treated at a Disney course but you still need to know golf etiquette. The golf dome in wpg is wonderful. Take 2 or 3 lessons and hit a few buckets. The cost of golf at WDW is dear and you will enjoy it more if you prepared for it.
I say this because anyone coming to this site PREPARES over and over again for every detail of Disney! Right?
All the best to you folks...it is a great sport.

Sillyminny, We have not been to the golf dome yet, I probably won't go as it is DH and DS who have the golf interest!! They have been out several times however on the driving range and to play a round! DS now has his first set of clubs! They are really enjoying the sport!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter