Gondola date?

MoMercer

Earning My Ears
Forgive me if this has been answered in another post but wondering what the anticipated start date is for the gondolas to start running for guests. We’ll be there the last 2 weeks of August and would love to try them.
M

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens 8/29. It seems reasonable to think that Disney would want the transportation capacity of the Skyliner available by opening day, but nothing has been announced.

Disney is already testing the gondolas. They still have to finish the stations. Disney has only said fall. I'll speculate Disney could have it ready in a month, but won't. I agree, it won't be any later then opening of SWGE, probably weeks earlier.

I read in an article from Disneyfoodblog.com that testing with CMs as passengers is only going to start in August and continue for several months. So I'd say the likelihood of the system being up and running in time for the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at end of August is highly unlikely.

I read in an article from Disneyfoodblog.com that testing with CMs as passengers is only going to start in August and continue for several months. So I'd say the likelihood of the system being up and running in time for the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at end of August is highly unlikely.
Orlando Sentinel is the source. Testing is going now. Testing will go on for months

Sounds like CM as passengers will be the end of testing. I'd be shocked if it wasn't operational by the opening of SWGE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter