gondola question

I'm prone to motion sickness and found the movement was minimal. It was primarily felt when arriving and departing from the stations, but it was still very minimal and didn't have an impact on me. I was able to ride backwards as well. If it does end up bothering him for some reason, there are still buses you can take to Epcot and DHS.

The overhead guides, bumps. It's mildly bumpy going on and off the guides at the stations, and there are some bumps when going over the wheels are the posts, but when just soaring along on the wire, super smooth.
Yes, the gondolas rumble and vibrate going over the support posts.

My husband has very mild motion sickness but a fear of heights.
The motion sickness factor didn’t bother him; it was entirely the heights. And even then, he was fine for the length of our ride (CBR to HS) but said he’d never do it again.

I've timed it at 25 minutes in the afternoon. I think that's fairly typical.

It would take longer when there are more people getting off and on at each stop, but 75 minutes doesn't sound right.

Arr.Dep.Between StopsFrom Epcot
Epcot
0.16​
Boardwalk
0.21​
0.23​
5​
5​
Yacht
0.26​
0.28​
3​
10​
Swan
0.32​
0.33​
4​
16​
Studios
0.41​
8​
25​
Joel’s timing is certainly consistent with our experience over more than 20 years of stays at BWV and associated rides on the Friendship boats. We usually plan on a maximum of 15 to 20 minute wait between boats if we just missed a boat when we arrive at the dock to board. Fifteen minutes between boats when there are 4 boats running and 20 minutes between when only 3 are running. The last couple of years, it seems like the 15 minute timing is most common.

The past two days were windy and the ride was way more bouncy than our trip in November. I think someone in the gondola ahead of us might have been sick.
They roped it off after they got out.

No worries! Great ride Just a little bumpy at turnstiles and stops and I mean a little Can't imagine it would be bothersome. Enjoy the ride!

Pop/AoA, CBR, DHS, and Epcot all have pull-off loops so guests on wheels enter a stationary cabin. Riviera has to slow or stop the line momentarily.

Is it easy to enter and exit the Skyliner with an ECV in your party?
At all the stations except Riviera, you have about 90 seconds to drive on, which is plenty of time even for inexperienced drivers. Backing out is a bit more daunting, but the cm will guide you. Just take it slow. When the cabin is ready to depart the unload or load position, the cm needs to hold in a button on their podium to release it, so there's no chance of it taking off before you're safely in or out.

At Riviera, they will slow it down to a fraction of a mile per hour, and stop it if it looks like you're having trouble.

Remember that only 4 additional Guests can ride with an ECV or wheelchair.

ETA: At Epcot & DHS, a cm will open the gate at the entrance for you to enter the separate wheelchair queue. At Pop/AoA, the wheelchair entrance is thru the exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!