Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Interesting timing, as I just received a pin from kiljoy667 this afternoon, my first purchase from him. It was a Belle 100 years of Dreams, as I've always wanted a pin with Belle in her blue dress. (I'm just a sucker for a girl who reads.) It looks to be in good shape, but not TOO good, you know? Colors look right, none of the off-color issues described in the pinpics scrapper note.

To be fair, though, it was only about $8 for a pin that sold for $4 about 12 years ago. If it's authentic, that's reasonable, and if it turned out to be a scrapper, I'm only out the cost of a movie ticket. Heck, less than that. ;)

For something more expensive, or for pre-trip trading stock, though, I'll stick with bizzybee1. I've never gone wrong there.

I've bought from bizzybee1 in the past. All 100% legal pins and the first time I bought pins the seller hooked me up with a really food deal on my pins.

- James G

I use a website called "Toolhaus" that will show all the negative and neutral feedback for a specific seller. Here is the feedback for 423disneypinfreak:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=423disneypinfreak+&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

As you can see, there is a lot of talk about scrappers.

Here is the link to where you can enter any seller's name: http://www.toolhaus.org/

that's great! Thank you for sharing with us! :) That seller seems very rude in their responses, going so far as to say scrappers are different from counterfeits when in reality they are the same thing.

I've bought from bizzybee1 in the past. All 100% legal pins and the first time I bought pins the seller hooked me up with a really food deal on my pins.

- James G

I've used BB1 as well, got really great pins to trade. :)

If I buy something off of Ebay that is New/ In Package/ Unopened, and it looks like the new packaging.... is it reasonable that it is authentic? When you buy the packages new, are they sealed? I just found a new pack, selling at Disney for $30 for $13 on Ebay (no shipping charges).

Maybe the only way to get truly authentic pins is from Disney?

If I buy something off of Ebay that is New/ In Package/ Unopened, and it looks like the new packaging.... is it reasonable that it is authentic? When you buy the packages new, are they sealed? I just found a new pack, selling at Disney for $30 for $13 on Ebay (no shipping charges).

Maybe the only way to get truly authentic pins is from Disney?

Most scrapper sellers don't bother to repackage into booster packs, so you are probably okay with those. It's true that the only way to guarantee you'll get authentic is to buy from Disney, but there are good, honest sellers out there.

Aaaaarrrrggghh. My DS wants to start pin trading on our next trip. I want to get him some starter pins but I don't want to support scrappers. There's an awesome list at the beginning of this thread but it's kind of old. Anyone buy from an internet seller recently that was reputable?

Thanks in advance.

Does anybody know if magickeyholders is a good ebay seller??

From what I can see, this seller is mostly doing business in rare & collectible stuff; I wouldn't be concerned that these are cheap imitations. They are priced high, so it's completely believable that this seller buys them at the park and marks them up because they're limited edition. I would think that you could rely on their regular ebay feedback to judge. (As opposed to the scrapper sellers, who might get good feedback from people who don't know that there are fake pins out there.)

Hope that helps.

From what I can see, this seller is mostly doing business in rare & collectible stuff; I wouldn't be concerned that these are cheap imitations. They are priced high, so it's completely believable that this seller buys them at the park and marks them up because they're limited edition. I would think that you could rely on their regular ebay feedback to judge. (As opposed to the scrapper sellers, who might get good feedback from people who don't know that there are fake pins out there.)

Hope that helps.

Thank you just bought something and just wanted to reassure myself.

I got my pin from magickeyholders today and i looked at it very carefully front and back and even looked it up online and it seems it's a legit pin.

Hi! I've gone through the Green List but haven't found anyone that sells larger sized lots of pins (like 10, 20 or so) and is legit.

Does anyone have suggestions? I did check out Mouse Pins Online but after reading the negative review here and trusting my gut (prices seem too good to be true for such large amounts of pins!) I just don't think that's the store for me.

I wanted to get a couple of lanyards for my boys with pins they'd be interested as a surprise for our upcoming trip and would rather buy them as a lot. Is that even possible?

Hi! I've gone through the Green List but haven't found anyone that sells larger sized lots of pins (like 10, 20 or so) and is legit.

Does anyone have suggestions? I did check out Mouse Pins Online but after reading the negative review here and trusting my gut (prices seem too good to be true for such large amounts of pins!) I just don't think that's the store for me.

I wanted to get a couple of lanyards for my boys with pins they'd be interested as a surprise for our upcoming trip and would rather buy them as a lot. Is that even possible?

Absolutely it's possible. bizzybee1 is a great seller to start with, she carries sets and lanyards of new pins at about $2 per pin. There are others that do the same thing. I feel pretty confident about sellers who list sealed packs at about that price.

Good luck! Have fun!

I have one more question...has anyone heard of the seller Ringolava? I couldn't find anything about him here or when I googled his username. He has some pins that really interest me but his pricing is different than I've seen (starts all bids at .99). I tried comparing pics on PinPic but I'm new at this and not entirely sure what I'm doing.

If anyone has an opinion on the pins he is selling (real or scrapper) please let me know.

Thanks!

I have one more question...has anyone heard of the seller Ringolava? I couldn't find anything about him here or when I googled his username. He has some pins that really interest me but his pricing is different than I've seen (starts all bids at .99). I tried comparing pics on PinPic but I'm new at this and not entirely sure what I'm doing.

If anyone has an opinion on the pins he is selling (real or scrapper) please let me know.

Thanks!

Some sellers do price that way, knowing that some pins will go up from there, and some pins will sell for .99. With these kinds of sellers you have to check out the combined shipping policy, because you don't want to pay 2.75 shipping for each .99 pin.

This particular seller does have one neutral feedback that someone got a scrapper, so it's a risk that you won't have if you buy new in package. If there's some you really want, and try them, please report back.

Hey guys, this is my first post here! First off I'd like to thank everyone for the great info. I wouldn't know where to start with pin trading if not for all the useful info on this forum!

After reading through the multiple threads we made a decision to do our best to buy pins that weren't fake or scrappers but at the same time purchase them at a price we could afford. Further, we didn't want hover over our kids' shoulders telling them which pins they should trade for because of the issue of CM's having fake/scrappers on their lanyards.

I started searching for lots of pins on eBay but with the description/item details that specifically addressed the issue of fakes and scrappers. I came across eBay user: disneytradingpins4u. I liked what he said about the pins and the issue with fakes, etc. So I came back to this thread to see if he was listed. I don't think he was in this thread but he was mentioned elsewhere. What the forum member had said was that disneytradingpins4u was advertising that his pins were fakes/scrappers and selling them that way. Another member or mod said that we couldn't fault the guy for being upfront, even if he was selling fakes. This was 2 years ago, I think?

Seeing as this eBay seller was honest once, I decided to give him a try. I did check his feedback first though! And I was happy with the results. Being new to pin trading and having never seen a "real" Disney pin before, I'm not an expert. However, I did look up a few (only a few, I don't want to know too much about how to check because I'm neurotic as it is, I want my kids to just have fun with this) and checked our pins for the following things:

1. Smell - no oily weird smell
2. Mickey waffle print on back - runs off the edge, no weird border
3. Beside main pin, two little "pokes" on either side - check.
4. Rough edges - no rough edges
5. Smooth front, no bevel - you can feel bevels on all
6. Individually wrapped - no.
7. Colors match with images on pinpics.com - I checked several and the ones I checked matched

Overall I was really happy with all the pins and at $60/50 pins, if my kids do end up trading for fakes/scrappers I'm not going to feel horrible. As long as they're having fun, I'm good.

I'd also like to mention that I found on another forum that the Mickey locking pin backs that come with an allan key that can be purchased at the parks --- many of the packages are defective. Plus the hassle of installation - nearly impossible while trying to trade at the parks, it didn't seem like a good choice. So, I found this eBay user who sells locking pins: disneypatriot. I just received our 50 locking pin backs ($18 cdn) and they are amazing! I was doubtful, but they work! Put the pin back on (without a tool!), shook the lanyard like a maniac (swung it, tossed it around, threw it) and that pin stayed on like gangbusters! So happy with that purchase!

Hope this helps!!!

Thank you so much for this thread. I am new to pin trading and it has been a priceless resource. Just received my first batch of pins from MOUSE PINS ONLINE.... scrappers!! One of Maleficent and her bird, she is completely missing one eye, the bird has pupils, the edges are rough... Beware of this site! They are very careful to word their site so they only say they can be traded at Disney and that they have the circle "c" Disney stamp, never that they are real Disney pins.

I've bought a batch of pins from Mouse Pins Online and a batch from disneytradingpins4u

My experiences:

Mouse Pins Online

Fast shipping. Arrived in a small mailing box. Each pin individually stored in a ziploc bag. Mostly in good condition. Some partial sets. There was a Jack Skelington pin that was a bit scraped on the front - the hidden mickey was partially damaged. A few pins were flagged on Pinpics as having known scrappers being circulated, and a couple of them were identifiable as scrappers via info on pinpics (pupils on eyes being silver and not black, outlines etc). On the whole, there were plenty of pins that looked and felt right, and a smaller number that didn't. My older daughter liked them, and my wife and I each picked out some that we'd like to keep.There was nothing in there that appeared to be noticably inferior quality or badly made so I wouldn't have a problem with either us or the kid trading with CMs in the parks next year when we do our big USA trip.

Paid about $1.60 per pin plus postage.

disneytradingpins4u

Also fast shipping. Arrived in a padded mailing bag, with all pins loose in a large ziploc bag. Pretty much all pins in great condition. Lots of complete 6 and 7 pin sets, and a couple of incomplete sets. The look and feel of these pins appeared to be a bit nicer than the Mouse Pins Online pins, I would be a little more comfortable saying these are genuine. We'll keep some sets and trade with the rest.

Paid about $1.20 per pin plus postage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts