Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

I'm new to online trading and ebay buying. What I am finding sadly is that I am getting as many scrappers from people with good references on dizpins as I am from e-bay. Since they are all for my private collection minimal harm is done (except to me). Where is your newest green list so I can at least feel more secure buying pins since I've traded some really decent pins for scrappers lately? Also, I do only buy pins individually which I assume is a good thing. Karen

Our green list is page 1. This thread goes up and down, it will go for weeks with no new information. it is updated as often as can be done by the thread owner. My best advice is to go to page 1, use the green sellers on the list, write them down, then read over the last 5 pages or so of this thread and see if you need to make adjustments. I have my tried and true sellers that I use regularly, they do not vary from the green list but they do not sell bulk lots or for cheap prices either. :)

I haven't posted on this thread for quite awhile, but living less than 10 miles from Disney World and being avid pin traders and collectors, I have noticed something Disney has started doing with their pins and thought who better to tell then everyone who reads this thread!

Disney themselves has started (in 2011) making the Mickey heads on the back of the pins NOT go off of the pin nicely!!!!!

My theory is they are doing it on purpose to offset the scrapper accusations.

The new tron mystery pins I bought have the Mickey heads that DO NOT go off the back, and I just bought a Lightening McQueen and Mater 2pc set and a Mickey and Minnie Mouse Easter Egg 2 pc set ~ all with crappy, not going off the back Mickey Heads :scared1: and ALL purchased by MYSELF from the Pin Hut at Downtown Disney.

To top that off ... the little vinylmations in the 5 pin packs now come in little clear zip loc baggies not the usual black ones!

I have pics if anyone wants to see them ;)

Does anyone have any info on carmello1? They have a lot of LE pins listed and a lot of positive feedback. I have a set I'm trying to complete, and they have the pin I need, but I don't want to buy it and have it be a scrapper.

Thanks!

earthfairies, that's unfortunate to hear, but thanks for the info! :)
Carmello looks like a good seller to me as well.

I haven't posted on this thread for quite awhile, but living less than 10 miles from Disney World and being avid pin traders and collectors, I have noticed something Disney has started doing with their pins and thought who better to tell then everyone who reads this thread!

Disney themselves has started (in 2011) making the Mickey heads on the back of the pins NOT go off of the pin nicely!!!!!

My theory is they are doing it on purpose to offset the scrapper accusations.

The new tron mystery pins I bought have the Mickey heads that DO NOT go off the back, and I just bought a Lightening McQueen and Mater 2pc set and a Mickey and Minnie Mouse Easter Egg 2 pc set ~ all with crappy, not going off the back Mickey Heads :scared1: and ALL purchased by MYSELF from the Pin Hut at Downtown Disney.

To top that off ... the little vinylmations in the 5 pin packs now come in little clear zip loc baggies not the usual black ones!

I have pics if anyone wants to see them ;)

Funny...I had to reread your post...
and..the 2nd time i understood it..
and..i checked my recent Disney acquisitions.
You are right!
you see,I traded a few pins last month with cms..that had the mickey head outlines on the backs..
so,,
I assumed they were scrappers.
they were fine otherwise...
but..as they had the outline..
I just thought..good scrapper..
but..still a scrapper.:headache:
then..I read your letter..
and..I checked a bunch of my recently bought pins...
and..of the ones that do have the mouse head stamped backs...
about 10% do have that border.
Not all...and none of the higher end...
passholder or DVC exclusives..
nor any of those from the Magical event...
but..a few of the pwp key pins and..one of the Le classics ...have it.

Funny...I had to reread your post...
and..the 2nd time i understood it..
and..i checked my recent Disney acquisitions.
You are right!
you see,I traded a few pins last month with cms..that had the mickey head outlines on the backs..
so,,
I assumed they were scrappers.
they were fine otherwise...
but..as they had the outline..
I just thought..good scrapper..
but..still a scrapper.:headache:
then..I read your letter..
and..I checked a bunch of my recently bought pins...
and..of the ones that do have the mouse head stamped backs...
about 10% do have that border.
Not all...and none of the higher end...
passholder or DVC exclusives..
nor any of those from the Magical event...
but..a few of the pwp key pins and..one of the Le classics ...have it.

Yes, I've noticed it's not on the high end pins. Just the mystery packs, some of the 2pc pin sets, and single pins. Very interesting ...

It's getting harder and harder to tell which pin is real or not, especially as Disney's quality is going down.

You buy a lot of pins from Disney? Have you noticed the quality being so bad lately? I have bought nice limited editions, with scratchy metal on the front, dipped and pitted enamel. I had one so bad I took it back to exchange it for another one. One of the Figment pins in the new reveal conceal mystery sets was so pitted I'm not even going to keep it!

With the quality being as bad as scrappers on a lot of new pins, and the backs and baggies ~ we'll not be able to tell soon!

Yes, I've noticed it's not on the high end pins. Just the mystery packs, some of the 2pc pin sets, and single pins. Very interesting ...

It's getting harder and harder to tell which pin is real or not, especially as Disney's quality is going down.

You buy a lot of pins from Disney? Have you noticed the quality being so bad lately? I have bought nice limited editions, with scratchy metal on the front, dipped and pitted enamel. I had one so bad I took it back to exchange it for another one. One of the Figment pins in the new reveal conceal mystery sets was so pitted I'm not even going to keep it!

With the quality being as bad as scrappers on a lot of new pins, and the backs and baggies ~ we'll not be able to tell soon!

You are right.
I thought it was just me.
Yes,I buy a ton of pins from Disney all the time as I resell a bunch of em on ebay.
I too have gotten le pins..that were pitted,
and..I have a dvc LE that is so bad..that it has to be returned.
So..now it seems that Disney may be selling all the scrapper pins..that the used to throw away.
Instead of leaving them on the factory floor..
so that workers in China could pick em up and sell em anyway.....
they are selli8ng em themselves.:confused3
or..they need to improve quality control.
Perhaps they recently switched factories?
Also..I was in DTD the other night,
picking up the PWP key pins..
when the girl offered me another group of PWP pins instead.
she had them next to the register...behind the counter.
They were the 2010 HM completer pwp pins.
but,they were in clear plastic bags.
Nicer bags than the scrapper pins..
but..clear plastic.
I have also noticed this with a few vinylmations that I have bought.
and..it is causing me trouble.
As there are so many suspicious ebay buyers out there[naturally]..,
that a couple of buyers have accused me of tampering with the vinyls..
which is really sick.
In fact..I had one write me last night...
they they thought I had opened and resealed a sealed box...
as..there was a large glue glob on the flap of the box.
Yeah..like I really would open and then reseal a box.
and..while I am running off at the mouth...:rotfl:
I noticed the quality control problem in boxes of their ornaments a few months ago.
There were hundreds of boxes of ornaments behind the kingdom for 3 bucks.
I had to go through each one...
to pick boxes that did not have damaged ornaments.
they had large glue marks,chipped paint and missing rhinestones.
I found about 20 that were perfect in the entire lot.
So...when disney themselves decided to sell those same ornaments in a sale on ebay...
they sold em for 5 bucks shipped.
When I saw that..I pulled mine down from auction..
as I could not compete with the price.
and,I wondered...how they were going to send out perfect ones,
when 95 % of them were damaged.
So..they sent em out..
and got tons of complaints and negatives..
and then,
they just decided to refund all the buyers and let them keep the damaged ornaments.
so..it seems that quality control in house...
may have gotten as bad as their factory has gotten.

I have read a lot on this thread and now I am scared to buy pins from anybody. I was thinking of buying a grab bag from mousepinsonline but i am too scared to do so. My boys want to do pin trading this time( we have tried this in the past but they never wanted to trade a pin once I bought it.:rotfl:) and I was thinking of buying a 50 lot grab bag. Now I'm worried that they will be scrappers or that I will trade a fake one by accident. What do you think? Should I buy from Mousepinsonline?

I have read a lot on this thread and now I am scared to buy pins from anybody. I was thinking of buying a grab bag from mousepinsonline but i am too scared to do so. My boys want to do pin trading this time( we have tried this in the past but they never wanted to trade a pin once I bought it.:rotfl:) and I was thinking of buying a 50 lot grab bag. Now I'm worried that they will be scrappers or that I will trade a fake one by accident. What do you think? Should I buy from Mousepinsonline?

Well..if you read the latter part of this thread..
you would see that there is a differing of opinions on that one..
I certainly would not..
my pal Pixie though...
has bought from them and says that she would buy from them in the future.
Which shows that she has so much more magic than i do.:wizard:
So...unless you get a lot of different feedback from others on this..
I would say..that the decision is up to you.
Sorry,I know that is not the most helpful answer.:laughing:

yup, I've used mousepins many times and received great pins for trading and for keeping. I had no complaints with what we received, all Disney or Pro Pins, all 100% tradeable and in great condition. I would have to hesitation about ordering from them again. :) Of course as with any pin purchase your results may be different and please be aware that I have not purchased pins for trading for over a year now so things may have changed since then. :)

Another pin trading newbie here. I have 4 kids to get pins for and I want to do it as budget friendly as possible but I also want to stay with legit pins. I am watching some with thewill since he is on the green list. But have any of you had any experience with a seller called evaandmike? As a complete novice, the individual pins look good to me but I can't really say. I would love to pick up one of the lots but I just don't know if I would be able to tell scrappers from good pins. WDYT? And TIA for any advice!

Another pin trading newbie here. I have 4 kids to get pins for and I want to do it as budget friendly as possible but I also want to stay with legit pins. I am watching some with thewill since he is on the green list. But have any of you had any experience with a seller called evaandmike? As a complete novice, the individual pins look good to me but I can't really say. I would love to pick up one of the lots but I just don't know if I would be able to tell scrappers from good pins. WDYT? And TIA for any advice!

Because he sells scrapper lots..
I would not even buy individual pins from this person.
to me..
once again..no real seller of pins can sell them on ebay for under a buck each in large lots.
the lots pics have mixes of good pins and scrappers..but,
they are not pics of the actual lot that you will buy.
If you have to buy lots on ebay...
go for ones that say they are sending you the same pins that are pictured.
Now, as i mentioned before in case you did not read it..
In Epcot..right now,
they have a purchase with purchase deal at the main pin station and at mousegear.
You spend 40 bucks..you get a really nice set with 8 large pins..and a lanyard for 15.00.
Most of you going to the parks are going to spend a few hundred on souvenirs anyway...
so...spend it at those 2 stores at the start of your trip and get a bunch of those real trading pin sets.princess:
Remember, that most sellers of real pins..will very rarely list lots.
they are not profitable as you have to compete with all the fakes..
and..you will not have more than 100 or so a month to sell in lots.
and..even that is a high amount.
most real sellers will not list even those lots..as there are their regular buyers..
who will gladly take them off of their hands.
So..the safest way...
is for you to buy the pwp epcot deal.

thewill is now selling individual scrappers, at least he/she did to me. The picture showed the legit pin but the one I got was definitely a scrapper. I have sent a message pointing this out and if not rectified ie I get the real one at no extra cost to me then thewill gets an unpleasant feedback. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter