Good experience with Fidelity resales?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi.. have you deal with Fidelity resales for a DVC? How would you consider the experience?

I have send an offer but the response has been slow so.. it could be the contingency but it could be the way of working..

Thanks

We are currently working with Fidelity on a contract. I did read on these boards that they could be slow beforehand, so I have been proactive with making phone calls just to make sure things are moving along. Our agent (Shawn Ray) has also been responsive to e-mails. We submitted our offer online and she called us within a day to verify all of the details before she gave the offer to the sellers. Our offer was somewhat low and I appreciated that she did not push back on us making an offer at that amount. She has also been helpful anytime I have asked her for an update. Our offer was accepted on April 8 and the contract went to ROFR on April 15 and was approved on April 23.

Based on the feedback from the boards, I requested Mason Title which was $50 more but I think worth it. (they assume you are going to use First American unless you state you want a different title company) I am working with Cammy at Mason Title and she has been great. We heard from Mason before we heard from Fidelity that our first contract had passed ROFR. We just entered a contract with another company (DVC Resale Market) and Cammy at Mason Title is going to handle both contracts and make sure that the points are all put under the same membership number.

We still have a little way to go before all is complete but my understanding is that once the contract passes ROFR, the rest is really dependent on the title company to close the deal and DVC to get the points transferred. Hope that helps.

We are currently working with Fidelity on a contract. I did read on these boards that they could be slow beforehand, so I have been proactive with making phone calls just to make sure things are moving along. Our agent (Shawn Ray) has also been responsive to e-mails. We submitted our offer online and she called us within a day to verify all of the details before she gave the offer to the sellers. Our offer was somewhat low and I appreciated that she did not push back on us making an offer at that amount. She has also been helpful anytime I have asked her for an update. Our offer was accepted on April 8 and the contract went to ROFR on April 15 and was approved on April 23.

Based on the feedback from the boards, I requested Mason Title which was $50 more but I think worth it. (they assume you are going to use First American unless you state you want a different title company) I am working with Cammy at Mason Title and she has been great. We heard from Mason before we heard from Fidelity that our first contract had passed ROFR. We just entered a contract with another company (DVC Resale Market) and Cammy at Mason Title is going to handle both contracts and make sure that the points are all put under the same membership number.

We still have a little way to go before all is complete but my understanding is that once the contract passes ROFR, the rest is really dependent on the title company to close the deal and DVC to get the points transferred. Hope that helps.
Thank you!!

They have the best listed prices, in my opinion, but are the slowest in each stage. For example, seller and I both signed offer docs on 4/9, they didn't submit to Dis for ROFR until 4/18. What was happening during those 9 days is anyone's guess.

I purchased a CCV contract using Fidelity back in Feb 19. I thought my agent was quick to respond to any questions I had and the overall process seemed to move at a decent speed. I didn't have any communication issues as others have had. The price was very good and that is why I chose to go through Fidelity.

They have the best listed prices, in my opinion, but are the slowest in each stage. For example, seller and I both signed offer docs on 4/9, they didn't submit to Dis for ROFR until 4/18. What was happening during those 9 days is anyone's guess.
Well they certainly don't seem to be listing lots of new contracts as the other resellers are. I had one of the longest ROFR's last year (56 days if I remember right) and it was with Fidelity...though DVC obviously dragged their feet. The combination was almost more that I could take - I feel your pain!

I purchased a contract in January through Fidelity passed ROFR later that month, personally walked into First American Title here in Vegas within a week of being required to transfer funds and then waited until the week before the contract required closing. I kept being told that the seller did not execute the final documents, and that ended up being true. I purchased in January, the deed closed at the end of March and the points were in my account approx. 2 weeks after the deed closed.

I had one of the longest ROFR's last year (56 days if I remember right) and it was with Fidelity...though DVC obviously dragged their feet.

56 DAYS?!? Whew...that's nuts. :crazy2:

We used them 10 years ago for one contract, and they were also the slowest of the three companies we have purchased from as well. But that contract price was worth it.

We used them a couple of years ago. At the time they were slightly slower which annoyed me back then, but eventually it made absolutely no difference to the use of my points and now those extra days seem so unimportant compared to the great price I got! I’m looking to add on elsewhere and they’re always the first I check now. :-)

Fidelity is fine just call them with offers and ask about timing when sending back documents.

Maybe it an extra week or two but is it that big of a deal. Unlikely it will make that big of a difference for you.

Communication from Fidelity side was not great, but Mason was fine. I would use Fidelity/Mason again.

I would just be more annoying and call my Fidelity agent all the time, and pack my patience, as they say, if I were doing it again.

The Buyer has 10 days to cancel contract with Fidelity. That is why they wait to submit ROFR.

56 DAYS?!? Whew...that's nuts. :crazy2:

We used them 10 years ago for one contract, and they were also the slowest of the three companies we have purchased from as well. But that contract price was worth it.
56 Days - I'd happily take that . I agree the Fidelity Prices tend to be some of the lower ones I've seen, and I'm super happy with the Contract I got, but I'm on Day 81 -- it took 71 Days to get through the Closing & Deed Recorded steps, now finally it's in DVC's hands for the final 2 steps. I did not know about the Mason Title option at the time; I will remember that for future.
ET :darth:

Fidelity charges buyers a fee of $195 (over and above of "normal" closing costs). AFAIK, none of the other major brokers do so. Be sure to factor that in to your comparisons & decision.

Never knew that! Thanks for the heads up.

My first resale contract with Fidelity went ok - from offer to closing it was 65 days. The issue I had was DVC said there was no banked points so I had to argue with DVC admin for 2 weeks to get the banked points put into our account - I had to show them the original document listing banked points because they kept saying there was none. Really looking back now it was sort of silly - it was only a 35 point contract but I wanted those banked points and it was in the original document that I signed so..........

My 2nd one took 4 months - no one was following up with the sellers who took a 2 week vacation and they failed to get the signed documents back prior to that vacation even though it has passed ROFR weeks before their vacation.

I didn't stay on top of it either so we had dual fault going on that one. Then the contract got to me and didn't mention anything about the banked points so I had them pull new info paperwork from DVC and get that to me so I could see that the points were there because the company said they never put banked points in their contracts. So that took another week because I wasn't signing anything else without knowing those points were there. So that slow down was on me

Anyways - it did work out in the end but I sure learned my lesson about making sure to followup with Fidelity and the title company - it took the title company to track down the sellers and get their final paperwork. I was actually thinking the sellers were going to back out so I was relieved that it all went through and I didn't have any issues with the banked points being missing either for that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter