~Good food is like music you can taste...F&W 2012~ Finished 11/30 & DEC TRIP POSTED!

Back from Vacation - New Fantasyland Pictures!!

Hi everyone! I'm back home and while I am sad the vacation is over it was amazing! Yesterday I was lucky enough to be a part of the Fantasyland expansion "dress rehearsal"!!

DMom and I went to MK for rope drop and we noticed a huge number of managers wandering around the park.

At about 8:30 I stopped by the entrance to the Fantasyland expansion and asked if there was any chance of an Enchanted Tales with Belle preview. The CM said nothing official was scheduled, but keep checking back.

At around 9:30 we stopped by the area again and there were about 100 people in line along the construction wall. We decided to take our chances and hop in line. At about 9:40 a manager named Peter let us all know there was "nothing official" scheduled and that we all might be waiting for nothing.

At 9:45 another manager walked the line, counting the number of people waiting. Then I noticed Deb from AllEars and some people from Inside The Magic, Orlando Attractions, Touring Plans etc. The couple behind us mentioned that they knew someone in Fantasyland operations that had mentioned the possibility of the entire expansion soft opening at 10.

At 9:55 managers began walking the line again and asked everyone to walk calmly and to have a great time!

At 10:00, they let us in!! It was absolutely surreal! The area is breathtaking and the detail is amazing. DMom and I were among the first 20 guests to ride The Little Mermaid! Here are some pictures and there is even 1 food pic for relevance (LeFou's Brew!)

IMG_9147.jpg

IMG_9149.jpg

IMG_9150.jpg

IMG_9151.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

IMG_9156.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9161.jpg

IMG_9162.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9170.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9177.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9181.jpg

IMG_9182.jpg

IMG_9183.jpg

IMG_9184.jpg

Continued in next post!​

It's so cool that you were one of the first guests to experience the Little Mermaid attraction! Everything in the Fantasyland expansion looks beautiful, especially Be Our Guest and the Little Mermaid queue. :goodvibes

It's so cool that you were one of the first guests to experience the Little Mermaid attraction! Everything in the Fantasyland expansion looks beautiful, especially Be Our Guest and the Little Mermaid queue. :goodvibes

The Little Mermaid queue is the most impressive queue I've ever seen! The detail and theme is so intricate and immersive that it is hard to describe!

They opened Be Our Guest for guests to see today :( so no luck seeing it, but I'm hoping to dine there in December :goodvibes

I also have Food & Wine pics coming up!

Wow!!! that's so awesme that you were able to preview FLE!! How was Le Fou's brew? (What is it? :confused3)

Your F&W tour of all the booths makes we really really want to book an October trip. I remembered reading about your exchange with your DD about last minute dining reservations - too funny!! :lmao:

SO AWESOME!!! Thanks for the amazing pics! We got to do Enchanted Tales with Belle last week 10/4 and it was just breathtaking!

Love all your reviews! My DH and I will be at F&W the 25th - 28th, and your pictures and reviews are getting us so excited! Thank you for sharing :)

How amazing is that to be one of the first to see the new Fantasyland! Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to get there in January!

So I've done it again....I've abandoned a review! I'm so sorry! :sad2:

AND...we are returning to WDW two weeks from today...:woohoo:

To finish off the review, I'll simply post pictures for you all and then post a link to the December report. The good news? As of Dec 12th I have a MONTH off school, so I can promise this next review will be completed!

Tutto Italia

IMG_9128.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

Foccacia & Breadsticks with Olives

IMG_9130.jpg

Antipasti Platter

IMG_9131.jpg

Salmon with Arugula Pesto

IMG_9132.jpg

Polenta with Short rib & Meatballs

IMG_9134.jpg

Lasagne Bolognese

IMG_9135.jpg

Cannoli

Food & Wine Festival

IMG_9124.jpg

Mexico Booth
Tequila Flight, Shrimp Taco, Filet Taco

IMG_9123.jpg

Churritos with Dulce de Leche

IMG_9122.jpg

Australia Booth - Lamb Chop with Mint Feta Pesto & Potato Crunchies

IMG_9121.jpg

Australia Booth - Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepperberry Glaze

IMG_9119.jpg

Desserts Booth - Trio (Lemon Blueberry Verrine, Chocolate & Chili Mousse with Salted Caramel, Yogurt Panna Cotta with Pomegranate Raspberry Orange Sauce)

IMG_9117.jpg

Ireland Booth - Cheese Sampler, Chocolate Lava Cake, Fisherman's Pie

IMG_9096.jpg

Italian Booth - Baked Cheese Ravioli, Sausage & Peppers with Chiabata Bread, Prosecco, Chianti

IMG_9098.jpg

Poland Booth - Pierogies with Kielbasa, Zapiekanki & Tsykie Beer

Via Napoli

IMG_9099.jpg

Rose Regale, Moretti & Prosecco

IMG_9100.jpg

Large Pepperoni Pizza

IMG_9101.jpg

Zeppole with Whipped Cream & Chocolate Sauce

California Grill

IMG_9075.jpg

Place Setting

IMG_9076.jpg

Sourdough Bread with Sea Salt Topped Butter

IMG_9077.jpg

Custom Sushi Platter - Shrimp Tempura Roll (x 2) & Spicy Kazan Roll

IMG_9078.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9080.jpg

Entrees

IMG_9081.jpg

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Zinfandel Glaze & Crispy Sage

IMG_9082.jpg

Vegetarian Entree - Carrot Ravioli

IMG_9083.jpg

Filet with Teriyaki BBQ Sauce, Brussel Sprouts and Cheesy Rosti Potato

Food & Wine Festival

IMG_9062.jpg

Japan Booth - Spicy Hand Roll (Tuna & Salmon with Green Onion, Tempura Crunch and Spicy Mayo), Chicken Karaage Hand Roll, Sukiyaki Beef Pan, California Roll

IMG_9073.jpg

Hops & Barley Booth - Sam Adams Beer Sampler, Lobster Rolls, Lobster Claw, Clam Chowder

IMG_9061.jpg

New Zealand Booth - Lamb Meatball with Tomato Chutney in a Yorkshire Pudding, Seared Scallop on Curried Squash Puree with Apple Radish Salad

IMG_9060.jpg

Belgium Booth - Beer Sampler (Hoegaarten, Leffe, Stella)

IMG_9059.jpg

France Booth - Coq au Vin on Macaroni Gratin & Escargot en Brioche

Wow! Awesome food pics! It all looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing and how exciting that you are going back so soon!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter