Good hotel near AKL?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
We are visiting DW from the UK next year and want to meet up with some friends from a couple of hours away. Since we have no transport they said they will come to us and I sent them the details for AKL in case they want to stay over. Price per night compared to staying at AKL for 2 weeks is sooo much higher, so wondered if anyone had any recommendations off property, nearby, since we only know the Disney bubble? I've looked it up and there's a Clarion (?) nearby, means nothing to me.
Help me dissers, you're my only hope!

My go-to is SpringHill Suites at Flamingo Crossings as well. Great free breakfast, free parking, easy drive into the world, quiet area, very nice.

I have to agree on this one. Im not sure if it will stay nice in the long run but right now its nice, new and clean and really close to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Its almost onsite and has all the benefits the previous posters mentioned.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...mingo-crossings-town-center-western-entrance/
or

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...mingo-crossings-town-center-western-entrance/

Last edited:

compared to staying at AKL for 2 weeks
You're staying for 2 weeks or they are? With an extended stay like that, I'd recommend renting a condo or house. There are some great rental communities not far from that end of property. We always stay in Windsor Palms which is maybe a 10-minute drive from AKL.

You're staying for 2 weeks or they are? With an extended stay like that, I'd recommend renting a condo or house. There are some great rental communities not far from that end of property. We always stay in Windsor Palms which is maybe a 10-minute drive from AKL.
Sorry I wasn't clear at all! We are coming from the uk for 2 weeks and staying at AKL and they are coming potentially for a night. 2 adults and a teenager. Sorry I sound clear in my own head lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!