Good hotels for Vancouver?

mcgluvint

Registered
We will need a good (4 or 5 star) hotel for 2 nights before our Alaskan cruise. We have the Pan pacific, Westin Bayshore, and Delta Marriot. Which one would you recommend, feel free to add to the list. Thanks!

We will need a good (4 or 5 star) hotel for 2 nights before our Alaskan cruise. We have the Pan pacific, Westin Bayshore, and Delta Marriot. Which one would you recommend, feel free to add to the list. Thanks!

Currently at the Pan Pacific, boarding the Wonder on Monday. Fantastic hotel with beautiful views!

Sorry - I missed the "must be 4 or 5 stars" qualification.

I don't know if the Blue Horizon is - I stayed there and loved it. But I don't have to have 4 or 5 star accommodations. Clean, good location, and a helpful staff and I'm good.

Not sure if it is 4 or 5 stars but may be 4 star. We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency for three days after our recent cruise. We thought it was great. Easy ten minute walk from the terminal to the hotel with one suitcase each. Centrally located and close to Burrard Street where there was nice shopping. We walked to the waterfront and rented bikes and biked at Stanley Park and stopped at the aquarium one day. There was a Tim Hortons and McDonalds next door and a Starbucks in the lobby for quick and reasonably priced breakfast and coffee. The fitness center was nice as was the pool/hot tub. People at front desk very friendly and helpful in giving us directions each day. Room was modern and clean. There is a train station next door where we caught a train to BC Place to see a pro soccer game. We got a great price through last minute travel. I think it was $164/night when most places that nice were closer to $300.

We stayed in the Fairmont Waterfront about a month ago prior to our DCL cruise (one night). It is right across the street from the terminal. Did not realize, since we drove from Oregon, that it was a DCL official hotel, desk and all. If you have not signed up for the DCL transportation package they will not take your check-in bags to the ship (I asked). The hotel will for a fee. It is at least a 5-star hotel that is somewhat pricy, but very convenient. Our room had a great view of the east side of the dock where I had seen photos of the Wonder dock before. Sadly, another cruise ship docked there in the morning and the Wonder was on the other side...no photo op. Staff was friendly and helpful in identifying nearby restaurants.

Sorry - I missed the "must be 4 or 5 stars" qualification.

I don't know if the Blue Horizon is - I stayed there and loved it. But I don't have to have 4 or 5 star accommodations. Clean, good location, and a helpful staff and I'm good.
Well as long as it matches that it sounds good. Normally there must tend to be a few flaws with 3 or lower star hotels. No biggie.

Not sure if it is 4 or 5 stars but may be 4 star. We recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency for three days after our recent cruise. We thought it was great. Easy ten minute walk from the terminal to the hotel with one suitcase each. Centrally located and close to Burrard Street where there was nice shopping. We walked to the waterfront and rented bikes and biked at Stanley Park and stopped at the aquarium one day. There was a Tim Hortons and McDonalds next door and a Starbucks in the lobby for quick and reasonably priced breakfast and coffee. The fitness center was nice as was the pool/hot tub. People at front desk very friendly and helpful in giving us directions each day. Room was modern and clean. There is a train station next door where we caught a train to BC Place to see a pro soccer game. We got a great price through last minute travel. I think it was $164/night when most places that nice were closer to $300.

Agree with all of this. I believe it's at least a 4 star. The price can't be beat. Wonderful customer service, beautiful hotel and rooms. Conveniently located. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

And to add (not sure if it will apply to you, OP): on our departure day from the cruise, our flight was leaving late - at about 8. So we had a full day to tour (well, until 4:30). We returned to the hotel with our luggage and they happily stored out luggage for us for the day until it was time to head back to the airport.

We stayed at Westin Bayshore last summer, harbor view. We did the pay your birth year rate, so first night was rack rate, 2nd and 3rd were the last 2 digits of your birth year. Ended up costing us under $600 USD for 3 nts. DH and I are not 'city' people and dislike being surrounded by tall buildings, so this was the perfect location for us. We loved the view of the harbor from our room, no balcony, but a sliding glass door/railing. The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool. Starbucks on the main floor. There is also a restaurant, but we didn't go to that. It is a very easy walk to Stanley Park, and you can also walk along the water to the port area--just not with luggage. We took a taxi ($8CAD) to port on the morning of embarkation. As a warning, you can hear/see the seaplanes taking off/landing.

View from our room:
copyDSCN0028 - Copy.JPG

View of the hotel from Stanley Park:
copyDSCN0152 - Copy.JPG

Looking at booking.com in USD for two adults for June 2-4, 2018..... here's the popular options.
  • $429 Day's Inn downtown » 3 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $455 Holiday inn Downtown
  • $660 Westin Grand
  • $723 Hampton Inn
  • $739 Rosewood
  • $875 Pan Pacific
  • $892 Shangri-La
  • $986 Fairmont Vancouver
  • $1194 Fairmont Pacific Rim
  • $1225 Fairmont Waterfront
Applying a 4 & 5 star filter....
  • $511 Auberge is the cheapest with 3 blocks to the cruise terminal
  • $547 Pinnacle Harbourfront is 5 blocks to the cruise terminal
  • $589 Georgian Court
  • $612 Wall Centre
  • $677 L'Hermitage is 5 blocks from the cruise terminal
  • $756 Marriot Pinnacle
  • $770 Delta
  • $779 Bayshore
  • $811 Hyatt
  • $875 Pan Pacific
Thoughts....
  • I like the Auberge for savings and location to the cruise terminal
  • Delta offers the larger rooms on your three list.
  • Bayshore for convenient access to Stanley Park if you are a jogger
  • Pan Pacific if you like to see cruise ships in the morning

I stayed at the Delta Vancouver Hotel and absolutely loved it! I stayed on points and it was well worth it. We had some luggage issues so we ordered a lot of room service.

If you would like to read more detail (with photos!) please visit my blog post!

https://plaidshirtyogapants.com/2017/06/06/delta-vancouver-hotel/

----

http://www.plaidshirtyogapants.com
Nice review, thanks!

Trying to decide between delta suites and Marriott pinnacle (staying for two nights on points).

Thanks for your help everyone. My parents have gone with a hilton in the airport. Its outside vancouver but is still a good hotel. Thwacks everybody.

The Hilton Vancouver airport is not really a 4/5 star hotel. You might also want to compare my fav the Radisson Vancouver airport. The big reason is convenient access to the subway (20 minutes to downtown) which is right across the street for your two night stay.

The Hilton Vancouver airport is not really a 4/5 star hotel. You might also want to compare my fav the Radisson Vancouver airport. The big reason is convenient access to the subway (20 minutes to downtown) which is right across the street for your two night stay.
I am trying to talk to my dad about doing the Delta Marriot. I think he swap. I think I can convince him.

Looking at booking.com....
  • $492 Raddison Vancouver Airport => $18 cheaper than Hilton and 20-min subway across the street for downtown
  • $508 Hilton Vancouver Airport => the money you save in Richmond may be lost in time away from the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter