~~Good Italian and Seafood places?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
Are there any good ones in Disney? We really don't have any good ones around where I live (unless you count Olive Garden and Red Lobster, LOL). BTW we'll be on the dining plan.

Fultons at DTD, Spoodles and to a limited extent Nacosses has some seafood. Cape May has a seafood buffet.

I don't think Fulton's is on the dining plan. Someone told me Captain Jack's is a good seafood place (down town disney) so we are going to try that when we go.

For Italian food you definitely have to go to Alfredo's in Epcot. It is actually a branch of Alfredo's del Roma and most of the staff are from Italy and actually work for Alfredo's in Rome and are on a one year visa.

Mama Melrose in the Disney-MGM studios has good Italian food. Tony's in the MK has mediocre to horrible Italian food.

Another place to try seafood is the living seas pavillion. I heard once it is being remodled. Don't know if the restaurant is open when you'll be there or not. Maybe someone else can tell you for sure. We are going to try that in March as I've always wanted to eat there but it is a litttle more expensive. It is on the dining plan for one TS.

You are right! Coral Seas is 2 credits! Is it suppose to be reduced to 1 credit in 2006 then? That is when we are going. Will it be open in March? I thought someone said the living seas is being remodled and is closed. TIA

According to the 2006 listing of restaurants Coral Seas will be 1 credit in 2006. Of course subject to change.

It's been posted that the restaurant will remain open.

So is Living Seas and Coral Reef the same thing? Is that the one were you can sit and eat while looking at the fish? I know my son would love that. Anyone know if it will be open in mid Nov?

Coral Reef is the restuarant in the Living Seas building in the future world section of EPCOT. AFAIK it's supposed to remain open when the Living Seas is being renovated. Subject to change.

It gets mixed to poor reviews.

Yes, there are nice seafood and Italian restaurants on WDW property.

Our favorite Seafood restaurant is Fultons, located at Downtown Disney Marketplace, adjacent to Pleasure Island. Can't miss it... it the large steamboat. The variety of fresh seafood this restaurant has to offer is phenomenal. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it

Our second favorite is Narcoosees, located on the Seven Seas Lagoon at The Grand Floridian. Wonderful steak and lobster, not to mention the awesome mussel appetizer. Highly recommended are the Mahi Mahi, roasted grouper, rare tuna and sauteed shrimp over angelhair pasta. The view is outstanding, as well

Tied for 3rd would be Coral Reef at the Living Seas in Epcot, and Cape May Cafe (although this is a buffet, and it has more than seafood). If you are into steamed shrimp, clams and mussels, in massive amounts, this is definitely the WAY TO GO! You can also add on steamed snow crab legs at an additional cost. Coral Reef has delicious seafood soups, great seafood pasta and nice fish dishes such as pan seared swordfish. Also, the wall sized aquarium is very entertaining while waiting for your dishes to arrive.

As for Italian... I am a big fan of Northern Italian food and have been extremely happy dining at L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (affectionally called Alfredo's) in the Italy pavillion in the World Showcase in Epcot. We have always had great food and impeccable service. The House Specialties include Fetticinne Alfredo, Pasta 3 fagioli, linguine al pesto, vitello alla Milanese, Pollo alla Nilanese, Pollo all Parmigiana and roasted lamb chops. Portobello Yachtclub at Downtown Disney, located next to Fultons is also very good. Again, this features more Northern Italian specialties such as breaded ribeye, charcoled grilled shrip on rosemary skewers, chripy tin crust pizza appetizer suge as vegetarian pizza, and 4 cheese pizza with sun dried tomatoes.

For Italian food that is more Southern/Mediterranian, then I would suggest either Palio at the Walt Disney World Swan. Some of the specialties would include Veal alla lemone, a scallopine served with lemon butter and liguine, Saltimbocca all Romana, veal medallions topped with proscuitto and sage, served with risotto, and veal picante alla marsala. Another good place in Mama Melrose at Disney MGM Studios, located back need Muppet Vision 4 D. This specializeds in pasta and designer pizzas.

Good summary, OP is on the dining plan
Fultons doesn't participate
Narcoosees and Coral Reef are a signature 2 credit restaurants.
Palio doesn't participate.

The other restaurants are standard one credit TS restaurants.

eeyore0062 said:
Yes, there are nice seafood and Italian restaurants on WDW property.

Our favorite Seafood restaurant is Fultons, located at Downtown Disney Marketplace, adjacent to Pleasure Island. Can't miss it... it the large steamboat. The variety of fresh seafood this restaurant has to offer is phenomenal. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it

Our second favorite is Narcoosees, located on the Seven Seas Lagoon at The Grand Floridian. Wonderful steak and lobster, not to mention the awesome mussel appetizer. Highly recommended are the Mahi Mahi, roasted grouper, rare tuna and sauteed shrimp over angelhair pasta. The view is outstanding, as well

Tied for 3rd would be Coral Reef at the Living Seas in Epcot, and Cape May Cafe (although this is a buffet, and it has more than seafood). If you are into steamed shrimp, clams and mussels, in massive amounts, this is definitely the WAY TO GO! You can also add on steamed snow crab legs at an additional cost. Coral Reef has delicious seafood soups, great seafood pasta and nice fish dishes such as pan seared swordfish. Also, the wall sized aquarium is very entertaining while waiting for your dishes to arrive.

As for Italian... I am a big fan of Northern Italian food and have been extremely happy dining at L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (affectionally called Alfredo's) in the Italy pavillion in the World Showcase in Epcot. We have always had great food and impeccable service. The House Specialties include Fetticinne Alfredo, Pasta 3 fagioli, linguine al pesto, vitello alla Milanese, Pollo alla Nilanese, Pollo all Parmigiana and roasted lamb chops. Portobello Yachtclub at Downtown Disney, located next to Fultons is also very good. Again, this features more Northern Italian specialties such as breaded ribeye, charcoled grilled shrip on rosemary skewers, chripy tin crust pizza appetizer suge as vegetarian pizza, and 4 cheese pizza with sun dried tomatoes.

For Italian food that is more Southern/Mediterranian, then I would suggest either Palio at the Walt Disney World Swan. Some of the specialties would include Veal alla lemone, a scallopine served with lemon butter and liguine, Saltimbocca all Romana, veal medallions topped with proscuitto and sage, served with risotto, and veal picante alla marsala. Another good place in Mama Melrose at Disney MGM Studios, located back need Muppet Vision 4 D. This specializeds in pasta and designer pizzas.

Our favorite for Italian food is Portobello Yacht Club at DD. We have dined there several times and always loved our food.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Portobello's at DTD has wonderful Italian food (and I don't even like Italian).

For Italian food at Disney, our favorite is L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
(aka Alfredo's). The atmosphere is like being in Italy and much of the staff is students from Italy. One of our all time favorite Disney experiences. :love:

eeyore0062, thank you for the wonderful descriptions! You've made my mouth water just thinking about it!!!

Yes, I'm on the Dining plan, I wouldn't mind using 2 credits for a Signature if it was worth it.

I've read several reviews on Coral Reef, most of them not so good. When you dine there are there fish tanks all over or just a single one? I'm asking because sometimes the surroundings can make up for the food. Although I am looking for some fresh seafood!

The "fish tank" in the Coral reef is the same "fish tank" that houses the fish, turtles, sharks and divers that are on display in the main part of The Living Seas. It is a massive aquarium. There are booths that are right next to the glass and also other booths and tables that are farther away, still with a nice view of the aquarium and its denizens. The atmosphere is darkish, quiet, calm and relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter