• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good lunch suggestions near Dole Plantation?

bobandkevin

Mouseketeer
Hi, we're staying at Aulani in June and will be heading to the USS Arizona Memorial and the Dole Plantation in early June. Any suggestions for a lunch place near the Dole Plantation?
Thanks for any help.

To my knowledge, there's not much around there. I'd suggest going into Haleiwa or eating at one of the shrimp trucks in that area if you plan to head north after the Dole Plantation. We got a snack at the Dole Plantation (Dole Whip, baked goods) to hold us over until lunch.

There's nothing really close. You can eat on the plantation property or hit the north shore for a bite there but the plantation is in pineapple farmland.

If you don’t want to dine in the restaurant at the Dole plantation (it’s just fast food kind of stuff) I would suggest driving about 15 minutes north to the North Shore.

There are some great shrimp trucks in Haleiwa, Macky's and Giovanni's... as well as Cholo's Mexican food (a fave of ours). We got some good recommendations for a place in town there called Killer Taco's... we did not get a chance to try it. One of our surf instructors in Kapolei said he drives all the way to the northshore just to get a sandwich at Storto's Deli & Sandwich Shop so that’s on our list for next time.

We recently made a brief stop at Dole Plantation for a Dole Whip and then went to Haleiwa for lunch. It is about 8 miles past Dole. We ate here:

It is ranked #2 in Haleiwa on Trip Advisor behind the Opal Thai food truck. Every single thing is home made. Our sandwiches and cookies were fabulous. Wish we had tried the smoothies, because we heard others raving about them, but we were too full. I wish this place were in my home town. I would eat there every week for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter