Good Neighbor Hotel w/2 bedrooms

rascooby

Mouseketeer
We are planning to visit in October (probably around the 15th). We have 5 in our family. We normally try to rent a house or stay in hotels that have 2 bedroom/2 bathrooms. I've been trying to go through the Good Neighbor list but I'm not finding much. Kids are 15, 12, 10, so the little bunkbed rooms probably won't work. My 15 year old can sleep on a couch bed if she needs to, but I always feel a little bad about that!

We can also do connecting rooms if they're guaranteed somewhere. A main requirement is that we'd like to able to walk or shuttle to the parks, but it may not be possible.

Thanks!

We stayed at Camelot, which had two rooms connected. One room had the bathroom and two beds, and the other room had a queen or king (I forget now), a couch, and an eating area. We had 4 kids that trip ages 9, 7, 5 and 2. It was the deluxe family suite. Very close to front gate - we easily walked there, and even did naptime in the hotel room. The hotel itself isn't particularly special, but we spent almost all our time in the park so that wasn't an issue. You could see the fireworks show from the pool which was quite convenient for us, as the kids were pretty worn out by the end of the day, but didn't want to miss them. The biggest downside was having a single bathroom, but we managed that with a little bribery/incentives for waiting politely and also for moving quickly!

Hope that helps!

Also, we have done rentals in the area for larger groups, but I think there are some condos on VRBO and AirBNB that are within walking distance. We stayed at castle house once and they may have some smaller houses/condos that could fit your budget, but they aren't part of the good neighbor program so you have to buy tickets separately.

Clementine Hotel (formerly Residence Inn) has suites that will work. 15 min walk.
Sometimes 2 rooms at Hilton can work. We've always been in connecting rooms.
Desert Inn and Suites have large rooms.

Checkout Staybridge Suites on Ball Road. Some places on Harbir have 4 queens in 2 rooms. You really need to just look up all the hotels on the map and see what’s available too as those configurations tend to book up.

Desert Inn and Suites. The 'C' Suite worked well for us when we had the wife and I on one side and our son, his wife and 3 kids on the other.

Hojo has the kids suite. One side has a king bed and bathroom. The other side has a full-size bunk bed and bathroom. There is I think a little sofa bed as well, but you can easily fit a rollaway in that room which would probably be more comfortable for whichever kid doesn't get a bunk. We have never requested a rollaway, but they are available for an extra fee. No breakfast. They are within walking distance though. Free parking. Pleasant grounds. Great staff.

Park Vue Inn is right across the street at the crosswalk on Harbor, and is one of the closest places to stay outside of Disney property. It has triple queen rooms (actually 2 adjoining rooms) and a mini suite that has 2 queens, and a separate living area with a sleeper sofa and a small kitchen. We love staying there. When you ride the monorail you can spot your car in their (free) parking lot. Good breakfast is included too.

Hojo is our hotel of choice. We always reserve two connecting rooms. Each room has two queen beds and a bathroom. We have never been disappointed. If you go this route, be sure to say that you want connecting rooms, which is not the same as adjoining rooms.

The rooms at Courtyard Marriott Waterpark have 2 queens, 1 bunk and a second shower room.

I recently stayed at the new Residence Inn near the corner of Harbor and Katella in a true 2-bedroom suite, and it was surprisingly nice and spacious.

Candy Cane Inn fits your requirements. We do connecting Premium Rooms there to create a sort of suite for our family -- 2 larger rooms, 4 queens, 2 bathrooms. Posters here have reported fitting an air mattress in for an extra bed. Same side of Harbor as the parks, walking distance (about 10 minutes or so to bag check), private shuttle which runs on time, free breakfast. Various discounts offered, so call to see if you qualify for something.
Also, this thread has lots of good information: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.
Homewood Suites on Harbor might work, too. They are a short walk to the Toy Story lot where you can take the free shuttles to/from the parks.
Walking distance lodging is highly recommended for DLR. And resort parking just went up to $25/day, so not having to drive in each day makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Best western plus Raffles might suit and the price is good too. This is a family room

DD4327C2-9E72-4FC7-B558-56A37962B6B6.jpeg

We are planning to visit in October (probably around the 15th). We have 5 in our family. We normally try to rent a house or stay in hotels that have 2 bedroom/2 bathrooms. I've been trying to go through the Good Neighbor list but I'm not finding much. Kids are 15, 12, 10, so the little bunkbed rooms probably won't work. My 15 year old can sleep on a couch bed if she needs to, but I always feel a little bad about that!

We can also do connecting rooms if they're guaranteed somewhere. A main requirement is that we'd like to able to walk or shuttle to the parks, but it may not be possible.

Thanks!

I hear you about this - my kids are 16 and 15 and are 5'8" and 5'10" tall and they still wanted to stay in the kids suite at Hojo - now I can see us lugging the mattress onto the floor at some point because really - a twin bed - even as long as the ones at the HOJO are - will likely get cramped - but it's the nostalgia I guess? If we had three kids and had to rely on the pull out, I'd be looking for a room with three queens at a minimum as well.

For us it's finding the two bathrooms - lots of places have two bedrooms but want you to all share one bathroom - the extra bathroom, even if it's a half one REALLY helps getting ready in the morning when trying to get to the park for rope drop.

I found by accident the Best Western Pavillions has one two bedroom you have to call the hotel direct, it will not show up on the website. One room has a king and the other has 3 double beds a full bathroom in each room separated by and accordion door. We are paying $1500.00 for 7 nights in December includes free parking. Have never stayed here the reviews are ok.

The Disney Executive Suite at the Tropicana has 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. we LOVED the room during our october trip. There are only a couple of them though so you need to book early in order to grab one. It has a King bed with a single futon in the back bedroom and then a pull out sofa in the "front" room. Also has a balcony with views of the fireworks.
https://tropicanainn-anaheim.com/good-neighbor-hotel-room/executive-suites/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter