Can anyone tell me about the new Home2 Suites by Hilton that is being built on South Manchester (looks like it is behind the Fairfield Inn) that is supposed to open in the Fall? I currently have rooms at the Castle Inn but the layout of the rooms at Home2 seem like a better fit (looking for a 2 bedroom for 4 adults and 2 toddlers). On google maps it says a 13 min walk/0.7 miles away. I am wondering if there will be a way to walk past Fairfield reducing the walk. The price of the rooms are about the same except Home2 Suites is valet only at $22 a day. We are going in April.
I love Home2! It's exciting that there will finally be one close to DL. Looks like it's on the site of the old Quality Inn. I don't think there is anyway to cut through FI and shorten the walk though. You'd have to head north past Holiday Inn, then down the Manchester side of Courtyard. Once you are in front of CY, you could cut diagonally through the parking lot toward McDonald's.

Edit: After looking at Google maps, I realized I told a lie. There is a fence between CY and FI, so you can't cut diagonally through that parking lot. Sorry!

Last edited:
I love Home2! It's exciting that there will finally be one close to DL. Looks like it's on the site of the old Quality Inn. I don't think there is anyway to cut through FI and shorten the walk though. You'd have to head north past Holiday Inn, then down the Manchester side of Courtyard. Once you are in front of CY, you could cut diagonally through the parking lot toward McDonald's.

Edit: After looking at Google maps, I realized I told a lie. There is a fence between CY and FI, so you can't cut diagonally through that parking lot. Sorry!
I would think FI would try VERY HARD to minimize any cut through to make it their advantage on location (and lower risk exposure)

I love Home2! It's exciting that there will finally be one close to DL. Looks like it's on the site of the old Quality Inn.

It is! I stayed one night at that Quality Inn and the room I had was REALLY close to I-5, and the soundproofing left a lot to be desired. Actually, most things about that Quality Inn left a lot to be desired. It was definitely a case of "you get what you pay for." The new hotel should be a substantial improvement, although it does replace another affordable option.

I did have to walk around on Manchester to Harbor. I mostly stayed at Park Place Inn for that trip, but I had a last-minute flight change and needed to add a night to the beginning of my trip and PPI was booked.

this is awesome! Two comments:

(1) We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express several times--we are 6 people and that is one of the closest places that sleeps 6. We've been happy with that one but had intended to try Springhill or Residence or Marriot Park Entrance for Spring Break until Spring Break was canceled. We like it better than the Hyatt options (which surprised us, as we usually like Hyatt).

(2) One trick I learned was that Homewood by Hilton is right next to the Toy Story parking lot so you can just walk over to the parking lot & take the bus. There are a bunch of other hotels in that area as well. We loved being able to ride the bus but didn't love the hotel.

Had the Clarion Hotel booked for July but my concert in Inglewood got cancelled so looking to reschedule for the fall or maybe even in Feb as I'll have time off work for a week. I noticed that the Clarion and the Cortona were right across from the Toy Story parking lot, from the looks of google maps we could just walk across the street and take one of their busses ? Is that possible !? My mom is 57, she could totally do the walk in the morning but I worry about her walking back after the park closes !
Yes, we've done this. You don't have to park in those lots to use the shuttle. (Commented about this before I saw your comment.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!