Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

This seems like such an odd move.
This leaves, what, magical express as the only perk solely for on-site guests? And MBs, i guess.

I love staying on Disney property but with this I can't see how continuing to do so would really make sense.

This leaves, what, magical express as the only perk solely for on-site guests? And MBs, i guess.

I love staying on Disney property but with this I can't see how continuing to do so would really make sense.

it really makes it seem like they are moving to more of a Disneyland concept - where the onsite hotels will be rather expensive and they are going to use these hotels as the real "value" hotels - the whole "good neighbor" structure

Makes me think the price for on site hotels it going to go up and up

Also, that they feel they need more hotel rooms they "control" with the expected increase and crowds and would rather people stay at these hotels that they will still get a piece of the revenue vs the new Universal value hotels

This is going to be good for the consumers. More competition will only up an attempt to get your business. There are some nice deals at good neighbor hotels that will pull people away. This will make Disney work harder for your money to stay onsite. Could this help free dining promotion?

My trip is in early March, so it sounds like I got in just before they'll be able to make 60-day FP+s, so that's something. Rethinking my EMH at AK, though. Only was doing it since it fit into my schedule best on that day, but it seems like it might be an even bigger zoo than usual. But the only other day I can fit it in is my departure day, and I'm thinking I'll be screwed if FOP/NRJ are down that morning/early afternoon- no other chance to ride. :(

This is bittersweet news. We have APs and stay Deluxe on property once a year and off property 2-3 additional times at Hilton properties. I love staying onsite and enjoying all of the perks that goes with it so I am sad this will be devalued a bit and remove a little bit of the magic that comes with staying onsite vs offsite. But this will benefit us bc Disney Values and Moderates do not meet our hotel preferences and we will be able to get the perks while still selecting one of the properties that meets our standards

They'll ditch EMH, extend Early Morning Magic to every park and have a "special" paid event for those who are willing to pay for less crowded access to the parks. With SWGE coming, I can see people lining up for that ability, no matter WHAT the cost.

Personally, I would love to see Disney go that direction. I can pay for EMM at whatever park has the latest and greatest and stay at a much nicer [than a value or moderate] non-Disney hotel earning Starwood or Wyndham points.

Completely agree. We pay a significant premium to stay at a Disney property. I don't use ME, so included MBs seems the only remaining perk for me at this point. IMHO, doesn't seem worth it.

Yea not a big fan of this, what is the point of staying on site now? This is what disney listed in their press release regarding the benefits of staying onsite "Guests staying at any of the Disney Resort hotels will continue to experience special features offered at a Disney Resort hotel, including legendary Guest service and unique theming, along with benefits like the Extra Magic Hours benefit, the ability to make FastPass+ selections up to 60-days prior to arrival, (both of these benefits require valid theme park admission), the convenience of MagicBands, complimentary transportation (motor coach, buses and ferry boats) around the Walt Disney World® Resort and standard parking at Disney theme parks, Disney’s Magical Express service and the ability to purchase Disney dining plan packages. Those Guests staying in select Disney Resort hotels can also receive other services such as personalized vacation planning, merchandise delivery to their rooms, and easy access to Minnie Van service"

wow you get a magic band, transportation which offsite supplies and once your onsite you can use Disney transportation, buy a dining plan and legendary Customer service yea ok.

Doesn't everyone- onsite or not- get this?? They can leave a park and hop on any transportation to get to another park, or dining, or resort...

These moves make me wonder if WDW is throwing around the idea of having other hotel companies run the WDW resorts in the future. And quite frankly, with their downgraded customer service and housekeeping over the last couple of years, I wouldn't mind such a change.

These moves make me wonder if WDW is throwing around the idea of having other hotel companies run the WDW resorts in the future. And quite frankly, with their downgraded customer service and housekeeping over the last couple of years, I wouldn't mind such a change.

It's a way to sell Disney packages, tying up your money without building more value or moderate resorts. They can focus on DVC. It's a way to put more bodies in close proximity to Disney Springs which is too big now, often not crowded and restaurants usually have availability. Will it lead to outsourcing hotel management? Maybe, but honestly until people stop booking due to housekeeping etc issues, they'll just keep laughing their way to the bank.

It's a way to sell Disney packages, tying up your money without building more value or moderate resorts. They can focus on DVC. It's a way to put more bodies in close proximity to Disney Springs which is too big now, often not crowded and restaurants usually have availability. Will it lead to outsourcing hotel management? Maybe, but honestly until people stop booking due to housekeeping etc issues, they'll just keep laughing their way to the bank.
Great point about Disney Springs being too big now, that didn't even cross my mind. Need lots of bodies to fill those shops & restaurants, surely their rents are sky high!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter