Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

I am guesssing that things veered off the original topic but here's my two cents.

I've been to Disney 10 + times. I go twice a year but they are sadly outpricing our family. We always stay on sits. Basically my same vacation next year will cost a little over 1000 more. For the same. Exact. Vacation. So we've been exploring our options and I am ecstatic that this is now an option. We have a big family (6 people) and Disney has missed the boat on actual value priced rooms. So it'll be either a good neighbor or cabana bay for half the price and better rooms. I hate it, 8 truly do and once our oldest decides to not come on vacation anymore we will go back but for now? Offsite for us.

It is looking more like Disney has converted so many rooms to DVC that on property demand for what remains is so high Disney is abandoning the value segment.

UPDATE:
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/confi...60-day-booking-window-extra-magic-hours-2018/
“Beginning Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018, Guests at any of these Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels, with a valid theme park ticket, can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours benefit as each day, one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks opens early or extends later for Guests to enjoy select attractions.

Scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, Walt Disney Travel Company packages are available for online bookings for the Disney Springs® Resort Area hotels. Also, scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, Guests at these Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels, who have booked a package reservation for the hotel through a Walt Disney Travel Company package, will be able to link their hotel reservation on My Disney Experience, and with a linked, valid theme park ticket, these Guests can utilize a 60-day booking window for FastPass+ selections. These are benefits that are already available to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel Guests.”

From WDWNT: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/10/disne...pass-booking-guests-select-non-disney-hotels/

Reportedly, select non-Disney hotels will now be able to book FPs at 60-days!

I am not happy with that. When I decide to book a Disney hotel, I know there is a higher cost, as well as worthwhile benefits. I don't see why Disney feels the need to extend the 60-day FiP reservation. Especially in advance of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, which we know are going to have FPs run out well in advance of the 60-day mark!
I'm the one who get the credit for this. I sent tons of emails to Disney about the unfair on property stayers who get the 60 day FP while off site had 30 day which is in impossible to get fastpasses for the popular rides at decent times.

I'm the one who get the credit for this. I sent tons of emails to Disney about the unfair on property stayers who get the 60 day FP while off site had 30 day which is in impossible to get fastpasses for the popular rides at decent times.
That’s not really unfair. You should get perks for staying on site and paying more. If anyone has it unfair it might be AP holders.

That’s not really unfair. You should get perks for staying on site and paying more. If anyone has it unfair it might be AP holders.
That is true because I am a passholder myself but I don't too much care for the rides since I always go solo so I don't mind waiting till the end of the day for a ride since I hang around the characters most of the time, in other words, Disney treat their pass holders unfairly all the time. Weather I stay on the property or not if I am a pass holder especially platinum at that we should get first pick at fast passes 60 days in advance, preferred parking, and one year advance dinning reservations. Disney World seems to be cratering to a certain crowd but that is in my opinion. It's the $$$ they see.

This.

It's a simple supply demand. I'm, personally, very glad folks get more options with the addition of the neighbor hotels, even though I'm also annoyed I'm staying on site and paying more. My choice.

The reality is, you pay more you should get more...that's how the world works. To deny that is denying reality of how the world works. Disney is a for profit enterprise, responsible to shareholders, not what one feels or thinks.

Is the B resort and Spa in Disney Springs offering the 60 day fast pass window. I know they offer EMH.

Thanks!

Yes, all 7 hotels in DS will.
Thanks. I booked through a mouse saver link. Mouse saver told me I do not if I use their discount. The hotel is no help. Ugh.

From what I understand, you get the 60 day FastPass+ booking only if you book a Disney Spring Resort Area hotel as part of a vacation package through Disney or through an authorized Disney travel agency.

I’m calling Disney later to see what they can tell me about my reservation at the B. Without FastPass booking, it’s not worth the price increase over other offsite hotels.

Last edited:
This is really strange to me. I have been one of those on the kick of "I'm probably done staying on property because the prices are so extreme and I can get nicer rooms for half the price off site." One of the biggest draw backs previously was the lack of quality transportation to and from the parks. Those hotel Blvd. hotels solved that. Really the only 2 thing left that makes on site worth it at all are the Magic Express (though I don't fly) and the 60 day window. You can pretty easily justify staying offsite without the Magic Express by taking an uber or renting a car and still being under the cost of a moderate, but now you are going to get rid of the other big perk? Not sure how I'm going to justify staying onsite anymore.

Throwaway room easily handled the 60 day FP+ anyways, so that really was a non-issue, as well.

I am kind of mystified by this decision. I really don't get it. Why bother to stay on site anymore, now that there is no benefit? What is in it for Disney? Are they taking a cut of the profit from the off-site hotels? Is this just a move to ensure that the on-property hotels only get the high-rollers, so to speak, and the "riff-raff" can all stay at the Hilton?

I am kind of mystified by this decision. I really don't get it. Why bother to stay on site anymore, now that there is no benefit? What is in it for Disney? Are they taking a cut of the profit from the off-site hotels? Is this just a move to ensure that the on-property hotels only get the high-rollers, so to speak, and the "riff-raff" can all stay at the Hilton?

well, it seems like to get the benefit you have to book some sort of package or book a certain way so I am sure Disney is getting some sort of cut

The main thing I can reason from this is that Disney feels they dont' have enough hotel rooms on property to handle the crowds - particularly the crowds that they expect to increase a lot with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and they would much prefer you to stay on a hotel right by Disney Springs rather than at one of Universals resorts (especially with them building those new value resorts on the old Wet n Wild site). Also, I believe at least some of these Good Neighbor hotels have more accommodations for larger families so another way for Disney to get that demographic (who can't afford the rooms or villas on site that can sleep larger parties) at least close to staying on property

well, it seems like to get the benefit you have to book some sort of package or book a certain way so I am sure Disney is getting some sort of cut

The main thing I can reason from this is that Disney feels they dont' have enough hotel rooms on property to handle the crowds - particularly the crowds that they expect to increase a lot with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and they would much prefer you to stay on a hotel right by Disney Springs rather than at one of Universals resorts (especially with them building those new value resorts on the old Wet n Wild site). Also, I believe at least some of these Good Neighbor hotels have more accommodations for larger families so another way for Disney to get that demographic (who can't afford the rooms or villas on site that can sleep larger parties) at least close to staying on property
That's what I'm thinking is behind this, too. The rooms have to be a package and booked through Disney. ..so I'm sure there are $$ for them in the deal.

Yes exactly all this. And especially the larger family. We were going to stay at cabana bay but now are considering the DS.

That's what I'm thinking is behind this, too. The rooms have to be a package and booked through Disney. ..so I'm sure there are $$ for them in the deal.
Other threads have noted that you do NOT have to book a package, and you do not have to book through Disney to get the EMH and 60 day perks.

Other threads have noted that you do NOT have to book a package, and you do not have to book through Disney to get the EMH and 60 day perks.
Yes, I think the package was an erroneous assumption by some TAs or CMs. So far I’ve been hearing you need to make the booking then call into Disney and get IT to ensure your reservation gets the 60 day booking. Considering many people probably already had reservations, it hasn’t already been set up to link directly in MDE, so additional actions need to be taken.

I suppose we will see tomorrow what you need to show/scan at parks for EMH!

Thanks. I booked through a mouse saver link. Mouse saver told me I do not if I use their discount. The hotel is no help. Ugh.

From what I understand, you get the 60 day FastPass+ booking only if you book a Disney Spring Resort Area hotel as part of a vacation package through Disney or through an authorized Disney travel agency.

I’m calling Disney later to see what they can tell me about my reservation at the B. Without FastPass booking, it’s not worth the price increase over other offsite hotels.
From reading the multiple releases, it looks like EMH are available for all Disney Springs resorts but 60 FP+ is ONLY available if you buy a package. My guess is to undercut Mousesavers and Undercover Tourist discounts on hotels and tickets. Really, how many people were purchasing those hotels or packages via the Disney website if you could save money via one of the discount brokers?

From reading the multiple releases, it looks like EMH are available for all Disney Springs resorts but 60 FP+ is ONLY available if you buy a package. My guess is to undercut Mousesavers and Undercover Tourist discounts on hotels and tickets. Really, how many people were purchasing those hotels or packages via the Disney website if you could save money via one of the discount brokers?

So, I have a reservation that a booked a couple of months ago for a Disney Springs hotel stay for February 25-27, 2018. I just called Disney to ask how I can go about linking my reservation on MDE and was told the follow:

Reservations cannot be linked until January 10th

My reservation will be eligible for EMH, but the CM was unsure about fastpasses. He stated that I could call on the 10th and they could see if I would be allowed the fastpass option since I booked my reservation before Disney was offering the option of booking the package through them for the Disney Springs hotels.

I just thought I would share what I had learned since there are still so many unknowns regarding this new perk. This will be our first time staying off property so the announcement for EMH and fastpasses was a big perk for us.

I think where Universal have announced that they are building 2 new resorts which a room rate of under $100 a night. Disney isn’t interested in cheaper hotel rooms so maybe using the Good neighbour hotels are their way to providing ‘Disney hotels’ for less. Especially once the Skyliner is open, the rack rate for POP Century and Art of Animation will probably increase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!