Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

Just an FYI - saw on Facebook that people staying at the good neighbor hotels are given cards to allow them entrance into EMH but seems like the places are spotty with mentioning it - so remember to ask if you are staying there

IMG_6471.JPG

Evening EMH are only 2 hours now and they extend it to more people. Unless they plan to extend EMH back to 4 hours post park closing, I'm not a fan of this... then again thanks to the convict room checks for on property, still being able to get EMH and not be subject to everyday harassment by CM's while we nap in the afternoons might bring me to those hotels.

Honestly though, VRBO / AIRbnb get virtually all my business nowadays. 5 times the room and half the cost.

If you book through a 3rd party site like Expedia, are you still eligible for this? Can you link your tickets and reservation on MDE and then still get the 60 day FP+ booking?

When you stay at a hotel on property, I look at the benefit of advance bookings as a perk of the higher price tag. I agree, what justifies a higher price tag if I can get the same benefits at a cheaper hotel?

When you stay at a hotel on property, I look at the benefit of advance bookings as a perk of the higher price tag. I agree, what justifies a higher price tag if I can get the same benefits at a cheaper hotel?

Well, there is still Magical Express, the Disney transportation to and from your hotel, getting an included Magic Band, being in the "Disney bubble", the theming (at least at some resorts) ...

... but yeah, if the reason you stay on site is really the 60 days then nothing really vs these hotels (I see this more as Disney "making" more value rooms without having to build more hotels knowing they need more rooms come Star Wars Land, etc.)

We usually drive and have magic bands. Theming is nice but not worth the Disney price nice. If we stay near WDW in the future, I plan to check this out but we would probably only stay for 3 or 4 nights. I'm curious to see what this does to pricing in that area.

reviving an older thread - now with the $13/day value parking costs, looking for offsite instead. Does anyone know which of these official partner hotels including EMH & 60 day FP may have the lowest resort/parking fees?

reviving an older thread - now with the $13/day value parking costs, looking for offsite instead. Does anyone know which of these official partner hotels including EMH & 60 day FP may have the lowest resort/parking fees?

I just looked at this for the Holiday Inn and Hilton Properties. The Double Tree did not have a resort fee, and I think it was the only one. It did have a parking fee. I priced out Double Tree for June 4-11, and it was about $1650 with taxes for a suite with a king bed, separate living room, kitchenette, sofa bed, whereas POFQ garden view was about $1925. For both, that included taxes, but not parking. If I remember correctly, parking at Double Tree is $22/night and POFQ is $19/night. The only things that Double Tree doesn't have over POFQ is DME, a pool slide, and a boat to Disney Springs.

Edit: In the above scenario, before taxes, room rate at Double Tree was $207/night and POFQ was $241/night. The values are still cheaper in relation to this scenario, but moderates aren't, especially without a resort fee at Double Tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: shh
I just looked at this for the Holiday Inn and Hilton Properties. The Double Tree did not have a resort fee, and I think it was the only one. It did have a parking fee. I priced out Double Tree for June 4-11, and it was about $1650 with taxes for a suite with a king bed, separate living room, kitchenette, sofa bed, whereas POFQ garden view was about $1925. For both, that included taxes, but not parking. If I remember correctly, parking at Double Tree is $22/night and POFQ is $19/night. The only things that Double Tree doesn't have over POFQ is DME, a pool slide, and a boat to Disney Springs.
Does the transportation to and from the parks and to Disney Springs run as frequently from The Good Neighbor hotels as it does from the Disney Resorts?

Does the transportation to and from the parks and to Disney Springs run as frequently from The Good Neighbor hotels as it does from the Disney Resorts?

Every 30 minutes instead of every 15 -20 minutes. However, from what I've read, the shuttles are pretty consistent at the 30 minutes, unlike Disney's, which are sometimes way longer than 30 minutes. And, the Disney Springs resorts have a on demand shuttle to the water parks, which is way better than how Disney transport gets you to the water parks.

We will stay on site our next trip because the grandparents are coming too and we are planning to rent a villa. The GPs are also planning to help with cost. The trip after that one will be a SW:GE focused trip, just us, staying at Double Tree that trip and using the money saved to buy extra SW upsells/events may make sense. Plus, I have Hilton points that I can use to bring the cost down even more (travel a lot for work). If Disney continues this program into SW:GE opening, it definitely makes Double Tree a possibility, or maybe one of the other Hilton Disney Springs resorts.

Every 30 minutes instead of every 15 -20 minutes. However, from what I've read, the shuttles are pretty consistent at the 30 minutes, unlike Disney's, which are sometimes way longer than 30 minutes. And, the Disney Springs resorts have a on demand shuttle to the water parks, which is way better than how Disney transport gets you to the water parks.

We will stay on site our next trip because the grandparents are coming too and we are planning to rent a villa. The GPs are also planning to help with cost. The trip after that one will be a SW:GE focused trip, just us, staying at Double Tree that trip and using the money saved to buy extra SW upsells/events may make sense. Plus, I have Hilton points that I can use to bring the cost down even more (travel a lot for work). If Disney continues this program into SW:GE opening, it definitely makes Double Tree a possibility, or maybe one of the other Hilton Disney Springs resorts.
Thanks! One more question - do Minnie Vans pickup or drop from the Good Neighbor hotels?

They get Early or Late hours, Magic Bands, 60 day FP+ booking, other than Magic Express bus, is there anything they DON'T get that an onsite stay does get?

To clarify the title of thread ...

"Good Neighbor Hotels" do NOT get 60 day FP+ or EMH. This rumor was started by one of the big Disney websites and has a life of it's own. Hopefully they will never get the perks because there are so many.

ONLY the "Official Walt Disney World Resorts" have this perk and they are all located at Disney Springs. You can find all those hotels here. www.disneyspringshotels.com

Right now it is only until the end of 2018 so be aware if you are looking for 2019.

This is info for the Disney Springs "Official Walt Disney Resort Hotels" ........... the ONLY ones to get the 60 day FP+ and EMH.

NONE of the Good Neighbor hotels get this.

Here is the bus info ~

Here is the official transportation flyer given to guests staying at the seven Disney Springs Hotels. This covers the following hotels:

• B Resort and Spa: http://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-resort-and-spa/
• Best Western Lake Buena Vista: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...=BLBWI0003G&cid=BLBWI0003G:yext:website:10288
• DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...rlando-disney-springs-area-MCOFHDT/index.html
• Hilton Buena Vista Palace: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fl...palace-disney-springs-area-MCOBUHH/index.html
• Hilton Lake Buena Vista: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fl...-vista-disney-springs-area-ORLDWHH/index.html
• Holiday Inn Disney Springs: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/lake-buena-vista/dislb/hoteldetail
• Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndh...a-resort-downtown-disney-resort-area/overview

Link to the Disney Springs Hotels marketing website: http://disneyspringshotels.com/

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

Shuttles leave every 30 minutes all day long at designated times. The shuttles are run by Mears Transportation, which has been a Disney partner for decades. (They run Disney's Magical Express service.) Each shuttle runs to two different parks. It's usually one to Epcot, then Disney's Hollywood Studios and the other to the Transportation and Ticket Center (transfer to monorail/ferry for Magic Kingdom), then Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Although each bus stops at multiple hotels, these stops usually only take 2-3 minutes each. The exception would be if there are wheelchairs or ECVs to load/unload. All of these hotels are literally next to each other. In some cases, it only takes 1 minute to go from one hotel to the next.

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2yfpHqf

Note: With the Disney Springs Hotels being added to the Extra Magic Hours program, the shuttle buses will certainly expand beyond the "regular park hours" that are listed on these flyers.

If anyone has questions, please ask.

This is info for the Disney Springs "Official Walt Disney Resort Hotels" ........... the ONLY ones to get the 60 day FP+ and EMH.

NONE of the Good Neighbor hotels get this.

Here is the bus info ~

Thanks for the clarification, HopperFan! I read all about this when it first came out, and then due to "life," did not stay up-to-date on it....I appreciate your input. So, only the Disney Springs hotels get the perks? These? How about the other stuff, like transportation, Minnie Vans, Magic Bands, etc?

Attachments

• DS Hotels.JPG
    DS Hotels.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for posting the other hotel policies. :-) Given the resort and/or parking fees, they all seemed high for us, since we don't have points or travel for work. So ended up booking our traditional Value room on orbitz today - saved a bit over WDW with a coupon code.

It's still probably $5-10/night more than what WDW may offer through AP or Florida resident discounts as the date draws nearer. But since it's 100% refundable, we lock in the free parking for now - more of a psychological win over WDW, I guess vs any meaningful savings. :rolleyes:

But gonna keep my eye on the MouseSavers newsletters too: see if we can snag an official WDW Hotel offer for our Nov/Dec dates that waives parking and resort fees. They have them now, but requires travel in next couple of months.

Thanks for the clarification, HopperFan! I read all about this when it first came out, and then due to "life," did not stay up-to-date on it....I appreciate your input. So, only the Disney Springs hotels get the perks? These? How about the other stuff, like transportation, Minnie Vans, Magic Bands, etc?

Yes only the Disney Springs resorts through Dec 2018. Will have to see if they renew this.

The transportation system is their own and it's good. The info is all in the quote in my post above.

Minnie Vans, no, not even all the Disney resorts have it yet.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

No MagicBands but if you have old ones you can use those.

Edit: In the above scenario, before taxes, room rate at Double Tree was $207/night and POFQ was $241/night. The values are still cheaper in relation to this scenario, but moderates aren't, especially without a resort fee at Double Tree.

And depending on how you book your Doubletree, you might be able to get the continental breakfast included.

And depending on how you book your Doubletree, you might be able to get the continental breakfast included.
Mousesavers was running a promo that included breakfast, although I didn't price the promo out because I wanted to see what the cost would look like using points and not.

Mousesavers was running a promo that included breakfast, although I didn't price the promo out because I wanted to see what the cost would look like using points and not.

If using points look in to if the breakfast is included with your Hilton Honors. We usually are given the hot breakfast at DTS due to our Hilton Honors. But used Mousesaver code too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!