Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Lesley Wake, Oct 23, 2017.

1. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Just an FYI - saw on Facebook that people staying at the good neighbor hotels are given cards to allow them entrance into EMH but seems like the places are spotty with mentioning it - so remember to ask if you are staying there

IMG_6471.JPG

2. MolonLabe

MolonLabe DTOM

Evening EMH are only 2 hours now and they extend it to more people. Unless they plan to extend EMH back to 4 hours post park closing, I'm not a fan of this... then again thanks to the convict room checks for on property, still being able to get EMH and not be subject to everyday harassment by CM's while we nap in the afternoons might bring me to those hotels.

Honestly though, VRBO / AIRbnb get virtually all my business nowadays. 5 times the room and half the cost.

firefly_ris likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

If you book through a 3rd party site like Expedia, are you still eligible for this? Can you link your tickets and reservation on MDE and then still get the 60 day FP+ booking?

5. willowthedog

willowthedog Earning My Ears

When you stay at a hotel on property, I look at the benefit of advance bookings as a perk of the higher price tag. I agree, what justifies a higher price tag if I can get the same benefits at a cheaper hotel?

6. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Well, there is still Magical Express, the Disney transportation to and from your hotel, getting an included Magic Band, being in the "Disney bubble", the theming (at least at some resorts) ...

... but yeah, if the reason you stay on site is really the 60 days then nothing really vs these hotels (I see this more as Disney "making" more value rooms without having to build more hotels knowing they need more rooms come Star Wars Land, etc.)

rteetz likes this.
  7. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

We usually drive and have magic bands. Theming is nice but not worth the Disney price nice. If we stay near WDW in the future, I plan to check this out but we would probably only stay for 3 or 4 nights. I'm curious to see what this does to pricing in that area.