Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

If it’s sinoly hotel plaza boulevard then that’s really not a huge dent in the pool of people.

But if it’s a bunch of good neighbor hotels outside the gates as this is insinuating, then it’s gonna be a mess of extra peeps

I'm intrigued by this. We stay off-site as much as onsite and potentially getting a better FP booking window is appealing.

It's a trend. Allowing a new non-Disney hotel by the Swan and Dolphin after allowing so many others on property and changing the Disney resorts gradually indicate that. I wonder when Disney will exit the Florida hotel business.

That's not totally true. You can use chase ur points to book onsite stays through their portal. You won't earn points except for what you charge to a credit card but you can redeem.
We have the chase card, and i'll be honest, its not even close to the reward points you can get for staying at a chain hotel. Say for example, you stay 6 nights at a hotel room, some hotels give you the 7th night free. You'll rack up a ton of points by doing that.

With chase, you'd get 1% of the total spent, so say that hotel room cost you $1000 for 7 nights, then you're getting $10 back.

they aren't really comparable.

We have the chase card, and i'll be honest, its not even close to the reward points you can get for staying at a chain hotel. Say for example, you stay 6 nights at a hotel room, some hotels give you the 7th night free. You'll rack up a ton of points by doing that.

With chase, you'd get 1% of the total spent, so say that hotel room cost you $1000 for 7 nights, then you're getting $10 back.

Agreed...the hotel honors programs are a way better deal than any credit card....where you get a max of 3%

I'm intrigued by this. We stay off-site as much as onsite and potentially getting a better FP booking window is appealing.

It's a trend. Allowing a new non-Disney hotel by the Swan and Dolphin after allowing so many others on property and changing the Disney resorts gradually indicate that. I wonder when Disney will exit the Florida hotel business.

This is Shocking!!!

it couldn't be, right?:groom:

The chase sapphire reserve gives 3% back on travel. Granted the card isn't for everyone with It's high annual fee but it's possible to get more thsn 1%. The lower sapphire card gives 2% back on travel. But it's all based on how you travel.

The chase sapphire reserve gives 3% back on travel. Granted the card isn't for everyone with It's high annual fee but it's possible to get more thsn 1%. The lower sapphire card gives 2% back on travel. But it's all based on how you travel.

From
Everything I've seen...discover's 3% on all purchases is pretty much the ceiling...others spin numbers, but it ends up the same or less...

Point is a standard credit card reward at disney hotels will never beat something like Hilton honors, Marriott rewards or ihg (priority club)

I get it, sure you can get 3% back, but an apples to apples comparison to hotel rewards, the value just doesn't add up.

If you only had to pay 6 nights for a 7 night stay, and say your hotel is $150 a night. Then you're saving about 10% with hotel rewards vs 3, 2, or 1% with disney chase.

Disney just doesn't offer a comparable hotel rewards program that chain hotels offer. That's the point im trying to make.

Otherwise, how is Pop worth $200/night?

It isn't. Honestly, I wouldn't bother with any of the moderates either if I can get a 60 day window at a nicer DS Hotel. I also didn't realize that the Swan and Dolphin already have a 60 Day FP window. I'm not sure how they get anyone to stay at CBR or POP (once the room rates go up) when they can stay at BW DS for less or even the Swan ($236 with taxes, resort fee, and parking when I stayed in September) for around the same price and still get the 60 Day FP Window.

It isn't. Honestly, I wouldn't bother with any of the moderates either if I can get a 60 day window at a nicer DS Hotel. I also didn't realize that the Swan and Dolphin already have a 60 Day FP window. I'm not sure how they get anyone to stay at CBR or POP (once the room rates go up) when they can stay at BW DS for less or even the Swan ($236 with taxes, resort fee, and parking when I stayed in September) for around the same price and still get the 60 Day FP Window.

There would never be a valid reason for staying at a moderate or value with the Swan at that rate. If "location" is all that matters...there's no comparison there.

I think it depends when you stay at Pop and what discounts you can get.

When I stayed at Pop in late August of 2015 (granted, that is one of the cheapest hotel "seasons" at WDW), I was able to get a discount that brought the room down to about $80-90 night .... cheaper than most "off the interstate" hotels like Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn, etc. I was very happy with that price. I've paid more for supposedly "better" hotels (like a Fairfield Inn or similar quality) in the Orlando area that are just worn down with no perks.

While the quality of the Pop rooms isn't better than your typical "Days Inn" .. it is much cleaner, better customer service, pools, and the perks of free Parking (or using Disney transportation). Just being in the "ambience" of Disney is worth the price to a lot of people as well (it was to me when I went). I'm there to spend times in the parks, so I just want a close and convenient bed to rest my head on. Not having to drive to the parks every day is a huge perk to me.

(Personally, I've found the way to go is to stay at house/condos .. cheaper, roomier, and a lot of them not that far away from the parks).

There would never be a valid reason for staying at a moderate or value with the Swan at that rate. If "location" is all that matters...there's no comparison there.
I have stayed at Swan/Dolphin several times on this logic exactly (even got Dolphin the week before Christmas for $138/night on Priceline). The issue, though, is transportation. Parking and/or some kind of transport from MCO can be expensive.

I think it depends when you stay at Pop and what discounts you can get.

When I stayed at Pop in late August of 2015 (granted, that is one of the cheapest hotel "seasons" at WDW), I was able to get a discount that brought the room down to about $80-90 night .... cheaper than most "off the interstate" hotels like Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn, etc. I was very happy with that price. I've paid more for supposedly "better" hotels (like a Fairfield Inn or similar quality) in the Orlando area that are just worn down with no perks.

While the quality of the Pop rooms isn't better than your typical "Days Inn" .. it is much cleaner, better customer service, pools, and the perks of free Parking (or using Disney transportation). Just being in the "ambience" of Disney is worth the price to a lot of people as well (it was to me when I went). I'm there to spend times in the parks, so I just want a close and convenient bed to rest my head on. Not having to drive to the parks every day is a huge perk to me.

(Personally, I've found the way to go is to stay at house/condos .. cheaper, roomier, and a lot of them not that far away from the parks).

Below $100 isn't a bad deal.

August 2018 rack rate is showing $171 for August!! So if you get 50% off, then it would be an ok rate for the offering. But at $171, not worth it, IMO.

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is super close to WDW, has wonderful dining and pool, and it's a good neighbor. I wonder if they'll get this option. Its also often very cheap.

I have stayed at Swan/Dolphin several times on this logic exactly (even got Dolphin the week before Christmas for $138/night on Priceline). The issue, though, is transportation. Parking and/or some kind of transport from MCO can be expensive.

I've always wanted to try the Swan for the same thinking, but I just have NEVER been able to find it at price points people talk about on here. $138 sounds like a no-brainer since I've paid that much for Pop before. But I've never seen it under $200 when I've looked. On Priceline, does the S/D show up as one of the hotels they can't tell you the name of until after booking?

*edit* Looking right now directly, it is even more than I had remembered. Over $350 a night for the cheapest rooms. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
I've always wanted to try the Swan for the same thinking, but I just have NEVER been able to find it at price points people talk about on here. $138 sounds like a no-brainer since I've paid that much for Pop before. But I've never seen it under $200 when I've looked. On Priceline, does the S/D show up as one of the hotels they can't tell you the name of until after booking?

*edit* Looking right now directly, it is even more than I had remembered. Over $350 a night for the cheapest rooms. What am I doing wrong?

Swolphin pricing is heavily influenced by conventions and will swing wildly because of it. Its my favorite property at WDW.

Getting low rates there is like playing darts in the dark...you never know where and when to look...

The one thing you mostly can't do is travel when anyone else wants to...other than that you're paying high retail or "deals" on severely overpriced rates.

I did the Priceline "express deal" thing. With a lot of research, I was 99.9% sure it was going to be the Swan or Dolphin, then, I had a 10% off coupon that Priceline routinely emails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!